Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ScryptAdaptive] KMC KimoCoin - KimotoCoin [5 EXCHANGES!] - page 8. (Read 85113 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Cryptomancer
Really appreciate words of support.  I'm working with forgetme.  I can't do this myself, need support from the community.  Would be wonderful if people could volunteer to help guide the future of our coin.  Will need help making decisions on how to proceed.  We especially need support with advertising and community development, outreach to exchanges, kimocoin artwork and more.  I've already gotten control of the domain, still waiting to get access to the VPS that hosts the block explorer and faucet so I can port it to the new servers.  Also hoping to get control of the original github repo.  Things are going to be different from now on.  There's no more "dev", instead it will be a distributed community project.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
i will be here and support!

i have a lot of kmc and will support on giveaway, faucet, bounty etc...

Right now I have about 30 kh/s dedicated to KMC on my p2pool so that the network won't die if everyone else pulls out. I'm not sure what would happen if the network hashrate drops to 0. In other words, I'm supporting the coin while we figure out where we're headed
Activity: 126
i will be here and support!

i have a lot of kmc and will support on giveaway, faucet, bounty etc...
birdonwheels5, thanks for the good ideas.  First step will be to get control of the project into the hands of a new dev team.  I'm trying to work with forgetme to get control of things temporarily while we try to build the team.  It would be best if we can avoid a hard fork until the dust settles.  If you really want to help out I would suggest that you fork the repo and start studying the code and see what is necessary to implement some of these ideas.  I think switching to X11 might bring more support from miners, but before we move forward with any changes we need to have some community support.  My idea is to form a voting board from the top KMC stakeholders.  Then we could vote on some ideas on how to move the project forward.  Anyone else who can offer support, or has any ideas on how we should move forward, please speak.

To be honest, the easiest thing would be to fork Myriadcoin's source, and then adjust things like block reward and coin cap to fit Kimo. Of course we will have to do some refactoring and such. And for editing it, I'm thinking of removing qubit, groestl, and skein in favor of adding in X11, but of course programming the X11 algorithm is too involved for me unless we can find a way to use existing code to add the algorithm in. But this will mean that the three algorithms would be SHA256, Scrypt, and X11, and pretty much everyone will be able to mine and make a profit.

Edit: We might have problems with the blockchain
Cryptomancer
birdonwheels5, thanks for the good ideas.  First step will be to get control of the project into the hands of a new dev team.  I'm trying to work with forgetme to get control of things temporarily while we try to build the team.  It would be best if we can avoid a hard fork until the dust settles.  If you really want to help out I would suggest that you fork the repo and start studying the code and see what is necessary to implement some of these ideas.  I think switching to X11 might bring more support from miners, but before we move forward with any changes we need to have some community support.  My idea is to form a voting board from the top KMC stakeholders.  Then we could vote on some ideas on how to move the project forward.  Anyone else who can offer support, or has any ideas on how we should move forward, please speak.

I'm willing to donate my KMC-s to faucet - if needed to make giveaway for noobs!
Much appreciated, but please wait.   We're going to try moving the domain to new hosting and I'm not yet sure if we'll be able to get the coins out of the old faucet wallet.
Oh and another idea. I'm thinking of lowering the coin cap... But then again that might not be fair since so many coins have already been mined.

I think our goal should be a fair distribution from here on out, along with some new, innovative features for our coin.
Activity: 152
It's a real mess here...
You are brave ones, if you gonna sort this out!

I'm willing to donate my KMC-s to faucet - if needed to make giveaway for noobs!
We need a volunteer who will maintain the github repo and start a new thread and head some promotional efforts.  It would be ideal if forgetme would hand over control over the repo so we don't have to hard fork during this difficult time.  I could do this, but frankly I don't think I'm the person for the job, because my C skills are poor (I'm a good python dev though), and I don't have time to put into development and promotion.

I would volunteer however to host the domain, block explorer, online wallet, paper wallet, and faucet--but will need some cooperation from forget me to transfer it.

Finally we will need some community consensus on how to move forward if we're going to salvage this project.

I'd be willing to help out, but I'm not very experienced in coding, and the only languages I know are Java and Lua at the moment.

But I think a hard fork would be required to fix this mess. Preferably dropping the block reward to 5000 without waiting for the inflation period to stop. And maybe we can give away some of our coins to noobs to get them into kimo? If we get the reddit community active, we could make a tipbot and start tipping everyone
Cryptomancer
We need a volunteer who will maintain the github repo and start a new thread and head some promotional efforts.  It would be ideal if forgetme would hand over control over the repo so we don't have to hard fork during this difficult time.  I could do this, but frankly I don't think I'm the person for the job, because my C skills are poor (I'm a good python dev though), and I don't have time to put into development and promotion.

I would volunteer however to host the domain, block explorer, online wallet, paper wallet, and faucet--but will need some cooperation from forget me to transfer it.

Finally we will need some community consensus on how to move forward if we're going to salvage this project.
Activity: 210
I can't believe that forgetme would ditch us after all the support we've given him this whole time...

Well maybe we can take this opportunity to get a new dev and implement some changes... Like maybe using Qubit, Groestl or X11 as the hashing algo, and maybe some other nice changes too

Actually, taking after Myriad with multiple hashing algorithms would be great! I would support the coin with some of my old bitcoin asics

it's aproblem about my possibility to follow the project and it's better for the whole community
I can't believe that forgetme would ditch us after all the support we've given him this whole time...

Well maybe we can take this opportunity to get a new dev and implement some changes... Like maybe using Qubit, Groestl or X11 as the hashing algo, and maybe some other nice changes too

Actually, taking after Myriad with multiple hashing algorithms would be great! I would support the coin with some of my old bitcoin asics
Cryptomancer
Well that sucks.  We need a new dev.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Hello. i'm sorry to say to you that me as developer cannot take any longer care of this project due to personal problems.

i will refund your kmc and please send me your address where i can resend the money.

if anybody want could make a new thread creating a new admin user. so you can updated the OP also.

thanks for your supporting, really sad to must left this project..maybe not forever..but for sure now i cannot be present. sorry again.

why this coin is not supported?
What are we going to do with this coin?
Who will promote the coin?

At the stock exchange it is not who will buy it because it is not needed.

YOU have a very summing!
Activity: 210
Hello. i'm sorry to say to you that me as developer cannot take any longer care of this project due to personal problems.

i will refund your kmc and please send me your address where i can resend the money.

if anybody want could make a new thread creating a new admin user. so you can updated the OP also.

thanks for your supporting, really sad to must left this project..maybe not forever..but for sure now i cannot be present. sorry again.

Activity: 490
take a look into EuroCoin and find the difference between KimoCoin guys
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
I always liked the name of this coin... Sounds Japanese Cheesy

In the beginning, I was really possitive about this coin. I even ignored the fact, that the choice of the algo was not the best (power consuming), I was impressed by the shop etc. But this faded pretty soon, as soon as the problems with the orders in the shop appear. There has never been a "dev team". It's just a single person with some basic skills, and a good idea.

However, with the shitload of new coins comming out every day, you HAVE to be 100% commited to your project. Everyone with at least the most basic knowledge about crypto knows that a coin can only succeed if there is a lot of commitment over the first few month. Dumping is normal in the beginning. But like most other shitcoins, the dev gave up just after a few weeks. This is so sad, because this coin could have been a good one. You can have a bad week etc. But if you are not able to at least be active twice a week....

The algo could have been changed if needed, PoS could have been implemented etc. But that requires a dev who knows what he does, and who is able to make critical changes in the code. But the killing blow was the problem with the shop. Everyone was patient when he said, there will be a small delay because of eastern holiday, everyone was still patient when there was another week delay because of some other problem.

But at some point, ppl just lose trust. How can you even sell stuff on a shop which you don't have? I understand the intention about that (I'm sure the selling on the shop at 500sat per KMC was his announced "dump protection"). But either you deliver what you promise, or you better just don't announce it. It's might sound harsh, but there is noone else but the "dev" to blame for this coins fail.

People had invested in this coin (money, hashpower, time), and beeing fucked over gives them every right to complain here (even though I don't think that this coin will ever be revived).

+1
+1

In the beginning, I was really possitive about this coin. I even ignored the fact, that the choice of the algo was not the best (power consuming), I was impressed by the shop etc. But this faded pretty soon, as soon as the problems with the orders in the shop appear. There has never been a "dev team". It's just a single person with some basic skills, and a good idea.

However, with the shitload of new coins comming out every day, you HAVE to be 100% commited to your project. Everyone with at least the most basic knowledge about crypto knows that a coin can only succeed if there is a lot of commitment over the first few month. Dumping is normal in the beginning. But like most other shitcoins, the dev gave up just after a few weeks. This is so sad, because this coin could have been a good one. You can have a bad week etc. But if you are not able to at least be active twice a week....

The algo could have been changed if needed, PoS could have been implemented etc. But that requires a dev who knows what he does, and who is able to make critical changes in the code. But the killing blow was the problem with the shop. Everyone was patient when he said, there will be a small delay because of eastern holiday, everyone was still patient when there was another week delay because of some other problem.

But at some point, ppl just lose trust. How can you even sell stuff on a shop which you don't have? I understand the intention about that (I'm sure the selling on the shop at 500sat per KMC was his announced "dump protection"). But either you deliver what you promise, or you better just don't announce it. It's might sound harsh, but there is noone else but the "dev" to blame for this coins fail.

People had invested in this coin (money, hashpower, time), and beeing fucked over gives them every right to complain here (even though I don't think that this coin will ever be revived).

+1
legendary
Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

I never understood why haters are coming back, again and again. There is no require to "love" this coin. Don't like it? Ok, move on to another coin. Nobody comes to impose you to love/mine/buy/etc kimocoin. For now is a lot of altcoins, I think everyone can find something to love Smiley
Just leave it, and move on.

P.S: Waiting for the end of inflation, to see what happens next.

when you've sold darkcoin to buy KMC (about 0,5BTC) you'd understand why i'm waiting a reply
Pages:
Jump to: