Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 150. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Shift is scheduled for delisting 22 June on bleutrade.
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
SHIFT‬ has just been added to the vote list on Rawx.io, a future altcoin exchange with social features, VOTE for SHIFT! https://rawx.io/poll.html

Activity: 458
does the official "pool.shiftnrg.org" supports claymore's miner? and what conf should i use? Thanks

Hi, official pool is no longer official and is now owned and maintained independently by Exeric3, so maybe he will reply when he sees your message.
http://shf.miners-zone.net/
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
does the official "pool.shiftnrg.org" supports claymore's miner? and what conf should i use? Thanks
Activity: 483
Merit: 510
The Shift Team
Just to give the community a hint on the amount of development put into this, we urge everyone to take a look at our github: https://github.com/shiftcurrency

Things have been quiet a bit but we are committing new code every day, to the core development as well as the phantom repository.

Things are quickly coming together for a alpha release!

Activity: 364
very nice update thanks.
welcome ralfs and kanopt to the shift team, looks like its growing more and more.
about the release date its much better to have a good working product in the end instead of just doind it fast to stay in the time. im so excited about project phantom just awesome things your working on.

Hey Croxx,

for the record, Kanopt is "just" a loyal community member who took the initiative. But we value his contribution very highly!

We are also extending the offer to other community members: if you have a great idea to increase public awareness for our project, get in touch! If we like your ideas, we can fund your effort!

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE #2 | JUNE 14

• TEAM ADDITION

We are happy to announce that Ralfs has joined us permanently on the core development team. He has been
    a major help in the last weeks moving the release of Phantom forward a lot.

• ADVERTISING & PROMOTION

Community member Kanopt has reached out to us a while ago and has contributed some great advertising
    efforts in form of addition to crypto specific sites and news articles for which he received funding from us.

Due to his efforts SHIFT has been added to ↗ CryptoCompare.cc and he has published a great opinion
    piece on ↗ CoinCheck.jp
    , comparing the two most popular Ethereum forks. The article has been reposted to
    other crypto-specific news sites to gain additional exposure.

Especially the publication on CoinCheck will help a lot in raising awareness for SHIFT in Asia.

• PHANTOM PRE-ALPHA

Due to the relentless work of Joey and Ralfs we are currently testing an early version of our new Phantom
    wallet
    . Already supported features include account access / unlocking, connection to GShift, balance display,
    address generation with actual sending and receiving being developed at this moment.

We are working on extending the functionality to adapt all the necessary features from the existing GUI wallet,
    e.g. transaction history, contacts and more, to switch to Phantom as our wallet solution as soon as possible.

• POSSIBLE RELEASE DATE

As previously stated we do not want to raise false hopes and give a release date we can't keep. At this moment
    we are expecting the ongoing developments to continue this and the next week, with a release at the
    end of next week as the earliest
    likely date. Please note that this date is not guaranteed but we will confirm
    once we are getting closer.

However, since our Phantom wallet can only be described as state-of-the-art next generation wallet solution,
    we are very proud of it and do not want to keep a sneak-peek from the public. If there is no public beta version
    until the end of this week we will be releasing a demo video showcasing our first truly Phantom based release
    working live to let you see what an amazing step forward this will be.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask Smiley

Activity: 241

Thank you, it pleases. I welcome your report on the work, and by the way, that with a pool?

Pool is running fine. Just updated to latest Gshift release.

yes thank you already see that earned already connected
Activity: 176

Thank you, it pleases. I welcome your report on the work, and by the way, that with a pool?

Pool is running fine. Just updated to latest Gshift release.
guys and we'll look how everything grows and we fall? it is necessary to enjoy these moments and to engines in the market up, not down, to raise the value of the coin and motivate new people to join.

Hey Psyx,

we are working on several things, both development and marketing, which will be announced later today.

guys and we'll look how everything grows and we fall? it is necessary to enjoy these moments and to engines in the market up, not down, to raise the value of the coin and motivate new people to join.

Hey Psyx,

we are working on several things, both development and marketing, which will be announced later today.

pool down

Everything fine on my end?

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

miner  14:11:02|main  Getting work package...
JSON-RPC problem. Probably couldn't connect. Retrying in 1...
What is the average wallet?

If you mean the average amount of coins a wallet holds then it's hard to tell because the big majority of coins is kept on Bittrex.

Activity: 150
Shift Coin, Phantom/IPFS the new Web 3.0
What is the average wallet?
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Digital Currency fanatic
The details about what happens after POW have not been in any way fixed. Usually there is no difference between POW and POS as you can argue that both systems have a barrier of entry which gives a coin value and helps in price discovery.

What exactly do you mean by "Only the rich people benefit of it."? Maybe we can clear up any doubts or misconceptions?

PoS is about betting, that you have the none manipulated file. I'm not deep into cryptocurrencys, but thats what i understood of it. So if poor people betting with their stake-wallet that they have a none manipulated file they have not much to loose. thats why on PoS only rich guys can take part of it. They have to bet that they have the not manipulated transaction file.

Sure both have a barrier of entry but PoW (especially the GPU one) is easy to enter for everyone. But for PoS you need to ensure with your wallet, that you have the non manipulated file.

I'm not 100% sure if i am right but thats what i understood of PoS. If for example only guys with 1 Shift in Wallet would ensure, they would have a too less risk. so they could manipulate the system with 1 Shift.

Yep thats kind of far out there.  non-manipulated files? controlling the network with only 1 Shift?  Not even sure where that is all going or coming from.

To explain PoS in easy terms...

Think of PoS as like having a savings account at a regular bank.  You have a certain amount of coin in there (your stake) and it earns interest. It makes no difference if you have a lot or a little, you still get interest.  If you help the network by keeping your wallet gui running all the time, you may make a little more interest.  "Rich" or "little" really makes no difference.  Obviously the more coins you have, the more interest you will earn, but everyone earns interest at the same interest rate and you can still mine or buy more coins to grow your stake.  Simple.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
The details about what happens after POW have not been in any way fixed. Usually there is no difference between POW and POS as you can argue that both systems have a barrier of entry which gives a coin value and helps in price discovery.

What exactly do you mean by "Only the rich people benefit of it."? Maybe we can clear up any doubts or misconceptions?

PoS is about betting, that you have the none manipulated file. I'm not deep into cryptocurrencys, but thats what i understood of it. So if poor people betting with their stake-wallet that they have a none manipulated file they have not much to loose. thats why on PoS only rich guys can take part of it. They have to bet that they have the not manipulated transaction file.

Sure both have a barrier of entry but PoW (especially the GPU one) is easy to enter for everyone. But for PoS you need to ensure with your wallet, that you have the non manipulated file.

I'm not 100% sure if i am right but thats what i understood of PoS. If for example only guys with 1 Shift in Wallet would ensure, they would have a too less risk. so they could manipulate the system with 1 Shift.
Hi, i invested the last days a bit in shift and i have a few questions.

My next question is about the roadmap. Are there any vague dates? Or even quarters or something like that? Sure i know things need time, i'm an hobby developer myself, but would be nice if you got anything.

My last point is about the wallet. You really should ensure to keep the GUI wallet working in future. No investor will take this projekt serious without it. Sure, they will probably not use it theirself, they will use online services. But it's just important to see there is one.

So i wish you the best, and i hope this project gets really big Smiley

A GUI wallet will always be a hard component of everything we do, the point now is to move to our own Phantom based solution as quickly as possible. As explained a few posts earlier, the recent decision to release an update to the network without a GUI wallet was purely driven by the overall benefits for the coin itself. After all we had the GUI out 4 days after the 2.6.1 update.

Since we just made a major breakthrough, we will talk about a development timeline internally over the next days. If we feel confident enough to give a date it will be announced in the upcoming development update for this week.

Jump to: