Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 109. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Genesis Team™
where is the link to download the mobile wallet for spectrecoin ??

Good afternoon.
Mobile wallet is now in development.

SpectreCoin Android Wallet
1.0 (December 2017)
Initial release of a SPV Android wallet, with full functionality including innovative low-power staking.

Glad they finally added a timeline to this release! Looking forward to seeing it! I have high hopes for the future of XSPEC.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 252
I have a question regarding Staking: So I hold my XSPEC in my local wallet for staking. It will take a couple of weeks, until I get dividends of this. Now, will this time restart if a go offline once or is keeping and not moving the coins in the wallet the main part in this?

You have to keep your wallet online otherwise otherwise you wont receive anything.U might get lucky or unlucky with the time however .Might take you a few days  or even a month to get rewarded .Like i said before unless you have over 10000 coins it not worth your while
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
I have a question regarding Staking: So I hold my XSPEC in my local wallet for staking. It will take a couple of weeks, until I get dividends of this. Now, will this time restart if a go offline once or is keeping and not moving the coins in the wallet the main part in this?
Activity: 140

Good afternoon.
Mobile wallet is now in development.

SpectreCoin Android Wallet
1.0 (December 2017)
Initial release of a SPV Android wallet, with full functionality including innovative low-power staking.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 252
heyspend your  spectre coin at the biggest online cryto store on the net .We have hundreds  of item at moment and will get it up thousands shortly .There also be a 5 discount for people paying with spectre  Grin.Here is a link  https://allforcrypto.com/
Activity: 471
QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Spectre v1.3.3 Wallet

I'm happy to announce the release of v1.3.3 of the Spectre wallet. This is a minor update resolving an issue with the UI updating that some Windows 64-bit users experienced, and improving the reliability of ring signature generation if small ring sizes are selected. There are also startup and sync performance improvements in this release, so all users are encouraged to upgrade.

Windows 64-bit, Windows 32-bit and macOS wallet binaries can be found here: https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/releases/tag/v1.3.3

Instructions for building from source on Linux have also been added to the README.

The next release will be v1.4, a major release incorporating a modernised fully-native wallet as part of our first step towards mobile wallets, as well as many improvements to the anonymous (stealth) transactions. The v1.4 release will also include binaries for Linux platforms.
Activity: 910
Merit: 253
How much did they overall collect during the ICO?
I think only like $20,000 USD. https://icostats.com/roi-since-ico has the ICO price as $0.001 × 20M coins.

$20,000 USD? Well, that is literally nothing compared to all the ICOs going on out there.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
nvm my last question, already downloaded the wallet
can someone explain to me, how do i backup my data? and if i lose my computer, how do i access my previous wallet?

1. Copy the wallet.dat file to a safe place. This is usually enough.
2. To be extra safe: Go to the debug console, and use the exportprivkey command to extract your private keys. Store them in a text file; if necessary encrypt the text file.

Is there an uodate procedure? Or do injust install the new wallet? And drag over a .dat file?   Sorry fir the ignorance im new to spectre havent uodated a wallet before.

1. Backup your wallet.dat (see above)
2. Install the new wallet
3. Start the wallet.

You don't usually need to do anything, having a backup just in case something goes wrong.
Activity: 55
Spectre v1.3.2 Wallet

I'm happy to announce the release of v1.3.2 of the Spectre wallet. This version fixes a bug several people had experienced with their balance and transactions not showing correctly sometimes, and also provides more flexibility with the generation of anonymous transactions using ring signatures. If you are in a hurry and want to trade off anonymity for speed, you can now choose a smaller ring size.

Windows 64-bit, Windows 32-bit and macOS wallet binaries can be found here: https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/releases/tag/v1.3.2

The next release will be v1.4, a major release incorporating a modernised fully-native wallet as part of our first step towards mobile wallets, as well as many improvements to the anonymous (stealth) transactions. The v1.4 release will also include binaries for Linux platforms.

Thanks for the work JBG! Things are looking good for spectre, I am excited to see what will come in the future
Activity: 263
Merit: 101
Leo Bitman
Spectre v1.3.2 Wallet

I'm happy to announce the release of v1.3.2 of the Spectre wallet. This version fixes a bug several people had experienced with their balance and transactions not showing correctly sometimes, and also provides more flexibility with the generation of anonymous transactions using ring signatures. If you are in a hurry and want to trade off anonymity for speed, you can now choose a smaller ring size.

Windows 64-bit, Windows 32-bit and macOS wallet binaries can be found here: https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/releases/tag/v1.3.2

I will continue to answer security questions at STAKING.
But you can see that our devs are busy improving the project.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH @JBG.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 125

and here it goes: 

Spectre v1.3.2 Wallet

thanks for steady updates   Smiley
Activity: 99
Is there an uodate procedure? Or do injust install the new wallet? And drag over a .dat file?   Sorry fir the ignorance im new to spectre havent uodated a wallet before.
Spectre v1.3.2 Wallet

Activity: 150
update : namewastaken
nvm my last question, already downloaded the wallet
can someone explain to me, how do i backup my data? and if i lose my computer, how do i access my previous wallet?
is it safe to leave my xspec on cryptopia?
i just bought 1k

I like Cryptopia, but one of the advantages of crypto is that you don't need to trust strangers with your money. It's not hard to run a wallet. I would suggest installing it and transferring your xspec over if you can.
Activity: 150
update : namewastaken
is it safe to leave my xspec on cryptopia?
i just bought 1k
Coin Mage
hmmm, I see this coin also uses the TOR network. When making a payment with SpectreCoin, is the following visible?

1. The IP the wallet is running on
2. Is the transaction visible on the Spectre coin blockchain?

1. Your IP is only known to an entry node of the Tor network. Every member on the Spectre network only communicates via its Tor hidden service address. So No.
2. If you use a public transaction: Yes. If you use a stealth transaction using ring signatures (which is not operable at this moment because too few people use this feature), then No.
Coin Mage
You gave a pretty well rounded answer, thank you for that.  Though, it, too, seems to address device risk more than the risk to reward ratio of keeping the wallet open for staking 24/7 (in the context of a device that is kept connected to the internet 24/7 anyway, for reasons other than staking).  If there is a hack attack or malware infection, seems to me that can happen at any time that the wallet is staking, even if it is only staking, say, one hour per day.  And, although obviously the risk from hacking or malware increases the longer the wallet is kept open, so do the staking rewards - hence why the question is about risk/reward ratio, not just increased risk.

The only difference between staking and not staking is that it's connected to the internet. I addressed the probability of being "hacked" via the internet, which is pretty low IMO, as long as no other services are running on your system that would be prone to security issues. It really depends on your system then.

About the only thing you mentioned that seemed to me to pose increased risk vs. reward, is the possibility of the device, with the wallet on it, being stolen; the risk of burglary is certainly higher at certain times of the day (or night).  Though, during staking the wallet is unlocked for staking only, and if I am not mistaken, the pass phrase would still be needed in order to access the funds on the wallet.  Is there a possibility that a thief could quickly bypass the pass phrase through hacking?  Seems to me that if one keeps a recent copy of the wallet.dat on file (on a different device or medium, stored in a separate location), one's funds would be pretty secure even in the event that the device is stolen without an interruption of the power supply, even while the wallet is unlocked for staking - but I am no tech expert by any means.

Sounds about right. If you use a strong password to encrypt your wallet, then local attacks are negligible.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
A non technical guy in a technical world
hmmm, I see this coin also uses the TOR network. When making a payment with SpectreCoin, is the following visible?

1. The IP the wallet is running on
2. Is the transaction visible on the Spectre coin blockchain?

If you have a public wallet then yes to both. If your using private wallet and private transaction's then no to both. Spectre give's you the choice to be public or private, on many levels.
Jump to: