Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 12. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 263
Merit: 101
Leo Bitman
Will you have any other updates in near future?

Yes, there are updates almost every day, but we still do not have well-oiled the means to announce them.
You can certainly be informed if you enter our Discord and read many new announcements.

Use this Link for Discord: https://discord.gg/FY7VtWK
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
gandalf and others from Wisp can only lie or run away from direct questions and not answer

Gandalf I can repeat the question:
Why when did Mandica offer assistance in creating wallet 1.4, then Jbg refused the help of another programmer? Although he delayed the release of this wallet for four months and this assistance was needed.

and I suggest that Gandalf answer my question.

Why did Jbg refuse from help other devs that could speed up the release of wallet 1.4, since Jbg made a delay of 4 months?

I am happy to answer your question. To my knowledge, jbg did not refuse any help. So asking for a "why" doesn't make sense. The code for 1.4 was not pushed to Github yet, because it was mixed with stealth staking additions locally and wasn't ready to be pushed at that time. Later it wasn't released because Mandica appeared on the scene and various disagreements happened.

Hope that helps. Smiley

Hi Gandalf86,
Is there a forum on Bitcointalk regarding WISP please? or any other info like Web site,  discord. I would like to follow this project
Thanks,

There will be a Bitcointalk ANN with a wallet download when the fork has been implemented and tested, which is also the time when we can announce the actual fork date. The Discord is linked here: https://github.com/wispproject/doc/wiki
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
Will you have any other updates in near future?
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
Why when did Mandica offer assistance in creating wallet 1.4, then Jbg refused the help of another programmer? Although he delayed the release of this wallet for four months and this assistance was needed.

I don't know whether you truly think your questions are clear and direct or whether you deliberately remain confusing.

In your questions above you make a large number of assumptions and include innuendos which are misleading. To give you an answer would require to entangle the entire web of the various statements in your sentence, which, at least for me, takes too long to set straight.

Instead, I suggest that since you have such an issue with how WISP is run or appear to have lost any confidence in the dev, simply don't get involved anymore and just focus on XSPEC.

All the arguments you make or ever will make have been made and addressed one way or the other. Time to stop this nonsensical fight and time to move on.

Hi Gandalf86,
Is there a forum on Bitcointalk regarding WISP please? or any other info like Web site,  discord. I would like to follow this project
Thanks,
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
Why did Jbg refuse from help other devs that could speed up the release of wallet 1.4, since Jbg made a delay of 4 months?
and I suggest that Gandalf answer my question.
Activity: 252
Merit: 47

I don't know whether you truly think your questions are clear and direct or whether you deliberately remain confusing.

In your questions above you make a large number of assumptions and include innuendos which are misleading. To give you an answer would require to entangle the entire web of the various statements in your sentence, which, at least for me, takes too long to set straight.

Instead, I suggest that since you have such an issue with how WISP is run or appear to have lost any confidence in the dev, simply don't get involved anymore and just focus on XSPEC.

All the arguments you make or ever will make have been made and addressed one way or the other. Time to stop this nonsensical fight and time to move on.
gandalf and others from Wisp can only lie or run away from direct questions and not answer
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
I think it would have been best if the xspec community could have stayed as one, but there are legitimate arguments for both sides (xspec/wisp). It would seem the split was unavoidable, but what matters is how things go moving forward. My hope is that the xspec and wisp communities will coexist peacefully, and share whenever possible. There are already too many trolls stirring chaos in the larger cryptosphere. Let's remember that although people may disagree on technical or philosophical issues, we all seek a common goal of making cryptocurrency the revolution of our era.
Coin Mage
It is a good clarification.
Not only Mandica, but also a lot of investors didn't like the progress of the development by jbg. In my opinion, jbg is more like a community manager than a code developer.
Which side are you in?

Yes I understand, but quite some work has happened under the hood, and the release notes have been very clear about this. Many people who complained just don't understand programming, or the work effort required for these tasks. On the other hand, not making the work in progress of refactoring the GUI public has been a mistake on jbg's side. And he is clearly not a community manager, haha.  Cheesy  He's a developer and has always delivered high quality results so far.

I personally don't see jbg being guilty of anything and I don't like the way the project is managed under Mandica, so I'm mainly supporting the Wisp fork. But I'm also available to help people or give general advice on the Spectrecoin Discord (just @mention me if necessary).
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
Hey I like the Wiki with links to both projects....seems a step in the direction of 'let bygones be bygones' stop whingeing and get on with whatever it is that we all value ... in this case (y)our favourite coin

time for positive inputs and team building

Interesting, which Wiki are you referring to? Can you give a link?

Did the developer of Wisp get the money upfront? If yes, why? That's irresponsible and there should have been security measures in place. If the guy is known can't he be sued for running off?

You guys are still mixing things up here ... jbg did not run away, he's still here and is continuing his work under the brand of Wisp. First Mandica paid jbg as a contractor, then later he was donated money by the community so he could continue working on it, which he did. Some people, including Mandica when she came back in February, didn't like the apparently slow progress (which is not the entire truth since many things have been improved under the hood by jbg), so she kicked him out. The community of people who are still supporting jbg are now continuing to work on Wisp, which will be a fork of Spectrecoin.

Btw. the previously announced fork date May 1st will probably not happen as this date was rushed without taking into account all things that need to be taken care of. A new date will be announced in time.

It is a good clarification.
Not only Mandica, but also a lot of investors didn't like the progress of the development by jbg. In my opinion, jbg is more like a community manager than a code developer.
Which side are you in?
Coin Mage
Hey I like the Wiki with links to both projects....seems a step in the direction of 'let bygones be bygones' stop whingeing and get on with whatever it is that we all value ... in this case (y)our favourite coin

Interesting, which Wiki are you referring to? Can you give a link?

Did the developer of Wisp get the money upfront? If yes, why? That's irresponsible and there should have been security measures in place. If the guy is known can't he be sued for running off?

You guys are still mixing things up here ... jbg did not run away, he's still here and is continuing his work under the brand of Wisp. First Mandica paid jbg as a contractor, then later he was donated money by the community so he could continue working on it, which he did. Some people, including Mandica when she came back in February, didn't like the apparently slow progress (which is not the entire truth since many things have been improved under the hood by jbg), so she kicked him out. The community of people who are still supporting jbg are now continuing to work on Wisp, which will be a fork of Spectrecoin.

Btw. the previously announced fork date May 1st will probably not happen as this date was rushed without taking into account all things that need to be taken care of. A new date will be announced in time.
Activity: 271
Merit: 1

Activity: 826
Merit: 250
If I understand correctly, the XSPEC will split into two coins: the new XSPEC and the WISP.
This is the new XSPEC thread. Where is the WISP thread then?

Can we own both or is there only one option? What is the technical difference between the two and do I have to manually claim WISP?

We can not compare these two coins, since the Wisp coin does not exist.
It is only planning to release in the future.
But the date is unknown to us.

Ok but there is probably given information about it somewhere or what is the point of announcing it and creating some excitement?
The developer of Wisp worked with the xspec project, he was paid money, but he did not do the work and the money did not return to the community. Now he created another project, but since his reputation is spoiled, he appointed another person to be a leader. But their project now is a theory, it does not exist. They do not even have topics on the forum BCT.

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 2212
15th April 2018 - First XSPEC bi-weekly newsletter:

https://news.spectreproject.io/?p=9

The 'new' or 'reformed' XSPEC Core Team aim to publish a bi-weekly newsletter so it will be clear what we are working on and where we are in that process.

Please come to our Discord server to discuss: https://discord.gg/ckkrb8m

Keep up the great work! I'm just re-building 1.3.8 in Ubuntu to provide bug reports for onion hostname error, will try some different ports and proxies in case there it provides any useful data. I'll add docs in github as didn't get any response in the Discord.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
Nice price rise! Looks awesome! Volume is also up over 100k !
20$+ possible within this hype/spring?
Everything is possible and will be in the future. In general, the entire market is experiencing growth, not counting the coins completely dead. And yes, of course the prospects for growth in this large coin. I'll have to watch later.

You should read more about the recent big change on this coin. This coin was once on the peak of > 40000 satoshi, but now it is only 1/7 of that.
The dev team had changed.
It is hard to say it is bad or not.
As the previous dev was accused to be unable to develop this project.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
Everything is possible and will be in the future. In general, the entire market is experiencing growth, not counting the coins completely dead. And yes, of course the prospects for growth in this large coin. I'll have to watch later.
Activity: 168
How would you guys compare this coin to Onion?
Activity: 55
Pages:
Jump to: