Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 29. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
I have a question: I know we have 1-2 devs (anonymous). Are they working full time or in their spare time? Following the above comments I've started a review of all commits from last year and I'm trying to understand the context. I mean there are lots of commits but it's mostly meaningless UI stuff like aligning something here and there. I've yet to see any code that actually improves on the core...

They are working supposedly full time. What looks like "meaningless" UI stuff to you is probably also the result of trying to fix timing bugs in the QtWebkit / Qt combo that is used in the wallet, and caused numerous errors in the wallet, like balances not updating on startup etc.. On the one hand debugging these things is pretty difficult, and also the resulting changes in the source code are fairly minimal. If you don't believe that this has been worked on full-time, please ask JBG in Discord what took most of his time.
Coin Mage
How can I change default data folder location?

I am trying to start Spectre with the following *.bat file:
Code:
spectre.exe -datadir=E:\ProgramData\SpectreCoin\

With or without last splash. But it just ignoring all that command-line options...

Nope I think that doesn't work. Feel free to file a Github issue here: https://github.com/XSPECOfficial/spectre
Activity: 256
Merit: 100

The default is 5%....that is for every 100 stakes you receive five of them are donated.
A stake reward currently consists of 2.15~ xspec.
i personally have my wallet set for 50%.....so every other stake reward goes to support our devs and project.
I get one they get the next one.

You can adjust this in the wallet/client under options>staking donation
while there be sure your staking is enabled by the check mark in the box right above.

And Thank you for your support

Thank you for pointing this out.  I saw the slider was preset to donate 5% of the staking rewards to ongoing development, and for some reason I thought that was the maximum setting, so I left it at that.

I have now set the donation higher.  Our hard working devs deserve all the XSPEC they can get.
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
ok thx you ! have i change something in the config to stake 100% of my coins ? or is this on default ?
edit - my apologies - I was leaving work and read your question to quickly - all of your eligible coins wil stake by default. You coins age will determine how many stake at any given time.

_______________________________________________________________________________ ____________
as far as donations to the project from staking rewards....

The default is 5%....that is for every 100 stakes you receive five of them are donated.
A stake reward currently consists of 2.15~ xspec.
i personally have my wallet set for 50%.....so every other stake reward goes to support our devs and project.
I get one they get the next one.

You can adjust this in the wallet/client under options>staking donation
while there be sure your staking is enabled by the check mark in the box right above.

And Thank you for your support
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
ok thx you ! have i change something in the config to stake 100% of my coins ? or is this on default ?
Activity: 359
Merit: 270
wallet says " not staking because you dont have mature coins" What means this ? thx guys hope we get xspec to moon Wink

Exactly that--the coins are not yet ready (= enough confirmations) to stake. Wait a few hours and they will start staking, assuming you have your wallet unlocked and running. (This is pretty normal in PoS coins, not just XSPEC.)
wallet says " not staking because you dont have mature coins" What means this ? thx guys hope we get xspec to moon Wink
Activity: 23
hi i installed the windows wallet and want to start staking, but if i put my mouse over the xspec icon, it says i cant stake because of the coins. (it says in german i cant switch language in the wallet)

what can i do? the wallet is 100 % sync and its unlocked
it should be fine in couple of hours
hi i installed the windows wallet and want to start staking, but if i put my mouse over the xspec icon, it says i cant stake because of the coins. (it says in german i cant switch language in the wallet)

what can i do? the wallet is 100 % sync and its unlocked
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
as you can see stopped the altcoin hype at end of january : https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#dominance-percentage

and as you can see here the same time devs stopped with their fake developement: https://github.com/XSPECOfficial

this coin is dead. we got scammed

Another attempt to spread FUD? Nothing fake about this, and nobody is getting scammed. You seem to mistake a strategic pause in focused marketing for a stopped project. If you cared to look at the Discord channel discussions, you would notice that this project is very much alive and kicking.

I have a question: I know we have 1-2 devs (anonymous). Are they working full time or in their spare time? Following the above comments I've started a review of all commits from last year and I'm trying to understand the context. I mean there are lots of commits but it's mostly meaningless UI stuff like aligning something here and there. I've yet to see any code that actually improves on the core...
anc
Activity: 10
Have anyone else suffered the withdraw problem on Cryptopia?
How long will it take for a successful withdrawal?

I made several transactions recently, one took a few days. The other couple went through within 24hrs. Not sure whats going on over there at Cryptopia but transactions are still working, they are just a little delayed.

As for anc I'd suggest you open a support ticket.

You are aware that you are sent an email to confirm the withdrawal as well?

Already opened one 13 days ago and they haven't asnwered it yet.
Yeah, i had made other withdraws there before and they were quite fast.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

I made several transactions recently, one took a few days. The other couple went through within 24hrs. Not sure whats going on over there at Cryptopia but transactions are still working, they are just a little delayed.

One small withdrawal only takes several hours.
The other large amount is still in the status of "processing".
Waiting...
Activity: 22

anc
Activity: 10

My withdraw have been processing over there for over 2 weeks already.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
How can I change default data folder location?

I am trying to start Spectre with the following *.bat file:
Code:
spectre.exe -datadir=E:\ProgramData\SpectreCoin\

With or without last splash. But it just ignoring all that command-line options...

Activity: 252
Merit: 47
Can the dev or advanced community members provide a guideline to set up wallet sync in the Tor-banned counties?
HELP!HELP!!

Please come to the Discord support channel. Somebody will help you there.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
Can the dev or advanced community members provide a guideline to set up wallet sync in the Tor-banned counties?
HELP!HELP!!
Activity: 169
Merit: 17
While top coins such as Ethereum compete, who will first make a PoS (Proof of Stake) algorithm in their coins, Spectrecoin has been using PoS v3 since its creation:
Proof of Stake — Is it the future? https://medium.com/@cryptotoid/proof-of-stake-is-it-the-future-42bbd748dbb6
Coin Mage
This is not unfair, and it is not "our" proof of stake system. It is called PoS v3, used by hundreds of coins. The coin age factor was removed compared to the previous version, PoS v2. For more info, see https://github.com/bitcoinx2/crypto-intro-guide/wiki/Proof-of-Stake

If you let your computer stake for one year, then you will receive about 5% of your balance in total, within a certain confidence interval. As you only have 500 coins, that would be 25 XSPEC. Each stake has a size of about 2 XSPEC, so you will get roughly 13 (accepted) stake rewards per year.
Which technical changing features of PoS v3 make this version different and better than the older version?

I said it before, the coin age factor was removed. For other changes, see the whitepaper of PoS v3 that is linked here: https://github.com/bitcoinx2/crypto-intro-guide/wiki/Proof-of-Stake

PS: Yay we have 100 pages!  Cool
Pages:
Jump to: