Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 82. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 101
These packets fly
FYI, The website is hideous. I had sent 4 people to it and all of them hated it and invested in PVIX because of their presentation. I don't know who is in charge of it but I am disappointed that my Good friends chose Pivx over XSPEC because of a crappy website.
Also, Jbg kicked me out of slack because of a dispute about marketing a few months ago and there is STILL no marketing of the coin, but I'm sure Jbg has a handle on it. Hopefully he does something with marketing by December 2018.
I would love to discuss that with him face to face someday.

Bring solutions, not problems.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
FYI, The website is hideous. I had sent 4 people to it and all of them hated it and invested in PVIX because of their presentation. I don't know who is in charge of it but I am disappointed that my Good friends chose Pivx over XSPEC because of a crappy website.
Also, Jbg kicked me out of slack because of a dispute about marketing a few months ago and there is STILL no marketing of the coin, but I'm sure Jbg has a handle on it. Hopefully he does something with marketing by December 2018.

I find it pretty cute and neat, just like it's supposed to be for a young project that makes a product, not money. Unlike all that "copy-pasted" token pages.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
The community now has no opportunity to hire a professional team of website developers. If someone draws well or is able to do animation, or makes professionally the development of the site and are willing to help the project for free, you can write Rkh your ideas
Activity: 48
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
Spectreproject’s Weekly Summary
Saturday, November 18th – Saturday, November 25th

Our Slack Community - Grew by the following 15 new members…..take a minute and welcome them when you see them ….Rakim Hamilton, QueenX, AlexeyB, rmac, singhc, jk, Kumbajan, Oleh Koss, d3n0, Roy, Susjed27, Spaid, Moose, Sami, and user
We now stand at 948 members.

Developer Nutz and Bolts - @jbg and bryce are hard at work on Version 1.4  still in testing and debugging. Stand by for any additional news.

SpectreCoin News - RKH has been working on the graphics (his background) of a proposed website (not the actual code side) for several weeks now. He wanted the community to know he is roughly 60% done. RKH has taken this on in his free time when he isn’t working his full time job. Thank you RKH for your contribution , and this folks... is only one of his several contributions, to SpectreCoin and its community .

There are a wide variety of people here. New to crypto, old timers and many in between. I myself, am somewhat of an old timer, both in age , over 60... and in crypto , mining,trading and investing for the last 4 years…..which are kind of like dog years. *smile*. And like today’s newbie….I learn something new everyday.

Back in June, I accepted this “community manager” position to bring stability to the Slack side of things (and whatever I could contribute to free up the dev from Slack and BtCT)  as well as look after my own self interests since i was an original ICO participant and wanted to see this project grow.
 A lot of good things have happened since then, I can’t stress that enough.

There’s a lot to like here. SpectreCoin is solid after a year, has a working full time developer of very high caliber and is on the verge of hitting that next level of true privacy and  usability that few coins have today. Value, exchanges and interest will follow.

Currently the version 1.4 of the Spectrecoin client/wallet is behind. Can’t get around that.  We have a dev that takes great pains to be sure things are right.

Have a great December and I hope each and every one of you are around when we celebrate v1.4 and SpectreCoin’s birthday!

As always….

Beachguy

“I’m sure the universe is full of intelligent life.It’s just been too intelligent to come here.”

Sir Arthur C. Clarke 1917~2008
                                                                                                          Science fiction writer, Science writer and futurist

legendary
 Spectre is only the NAME of the exchange...they have two classes of tokens that will have the tickers of SXD and SXU.
So that's really all there is to say.....
Personally, a group trying to crowd fund an exchange looks very risky to me.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
Be that as it may, it's probably something to keep an eye on going forward. Branding and name recognition are worth a lot. Whatever we may think about its long-term potential, the Spectre Exchange looks like the kind of ICO and project that will attract attention and speculative investment. If that happens, a re-brand for XSPEC may be worth considering even though it is in the right and the 'other' Spectre is in the wrong. When timed to coincide with other significant developments (a new feature, new website, etc.), a professional re-brand can have a significant positive effect. For example, the re-brand from DarkNet to PIVX is what moved PIVX from obscurity to (at that time) the top 20.

I say this as someone holding enough XSPEC to be interested in its future.

(Here's an anecdote about names. Sometime in 2014/2015, there was a super crappy Chinese alt called Ambercoin. It really was pointless, but I mined a bunch because I had an old mining computer and free electricity. Anyway, randomly these Ukrainian (I think?) guys came along and started a different coin whose value was supposedly backed in real amber, and they called it...Ambercoin. Now, at that time this backed-with-amber business apparently sounded like a good idea, because the price spiked. But the price of the other Ambercoin also spiked, and I ended up actually being able to sell this totally useless coin (well, in the end they were both useless, but that's beside the point) because buyers were confused about the name, and FOMO made them run out and buy anything named Amber. And then sure enough people were pissed off that they had bought the wrong one, and there was a ton of FUD and it really derailed the growth of the second Amber. Anyway, my point is that however appropriate a name may be, the value of uniqueness shouldn't be underestimated. It's not about being right; it's about being recognized.)

We had this discussion in Slack quite some times. Now if we change our name, who guarantees that nobody will copy that new name, too? Running away from people copying your brand is just pointless. Unless we choose something totally unrecognizable (like PIVX, ABCDE or any other combination of random characters that do not make a real word), chances are good that there is some other coin that has a similar name, or there will be in the future. At some point we will just have to stick with a name. So why not this time?
Activity: 359
Merit: 270
@teraviboys68 - Like Gandalf86 says.... I think you're a little mixed up, SpectreCoin [xspec] is the coin name and ticker used by SpectreProject for a year now.

The Spectre exchange token hasn't even finished its ico and they're the ones that purposely used a name very close to OURS. It is an erc20 token and is simply to raise money for a their exchange and its liquidity pool ( all centralized exchanges have one) that hasn't even launched yet.....which btw ethereum ico's you have to be very,very careful with these days. If that exchange fails to open or fails afterwards.... your money is simply gone.
The tokens are intended as a share of ownership of the exchange.....and there are 168 exchanges in the world already.

SpectreCoin [xspec] is a privacy coin that works even in countries that block TOR and has value....https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/spectrecoin/#markets

Please try to research a little better before making comments like above.

Be that as it may, it's probably something to keep an eye on going forward. Branding and name recognition are worth a lot. Whatever we may think about its long-term potential, the Spectre Exchange looks like the kind of ICO and project that will attract attention and speculative investment. If that happens, a re-brand for XSPEC may be worth considering even though it is in the right and the 'other' Spectre is in the wrong. When timed to coincide with other significant developments (a new feature, new website, etc.), a professional re-brand can have a significant positive effect. For example, the re-brand from DarkNet to PIVX is what moved PIVX from obscurity to (at that time) the top 20.

I say this as someone holding enough XSPEC to be interested in its future.

(Here's an anecdote about names. Sometime in 2014/2015, there was a super crappy Chinese alt called Ambercoin. It really was pointless, but I mined a bunch because I had an old mining computer and free electricity. Anyway, randomly these Ukrainian (I think?) guys came along and started a different coin whose value was supposedly backed in real amber, and they called it...Ambercoin. Now, at that time this backed-with-amber business apparently sounded like a good idea, because the price spiked. But the price of the other Ambercoin also spiked, and I ended up actually being able to sell this totally useless coin (well, in the end they were both useless, but that's beside the point) because buyers were confused about the name, and FOMO made them run out and buy anything named Amber. And then sure enough people were pissed off that they had bought the wrong one, and there was a ton of FUD and it really derailed the growth of the second Amber. Anyway, my point is that however appropriate a name may be, the value of uniqueness shouldn't be underestimated. It's not about being right; it's about being recognized.)
Coin Mage
hi
i have a question
how many coins are required for POS? for example, at least once a week. 500, 1000, 2000?

You can also read about it here: https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#7-how-can-i-stake
Activity: 28
hi
i have a question
how many coins are required for POS? for example, at least once a week. 500, 1000, 2000?

there is no minimum, but the more you have, the shorter the time is to receive a stake

with 4000-5000 coins you'll get about 1 stake per day
legendary
@teraviboys68 - Like Gandalf86 says.... I think you're a little mixed up, SpectreCoin [xspec] is the coin name and ticker used by SpectreProject for a year now.

The Spectre exchange token hasn't even finished its ico and they're the ones that purposely used a name very close to OURS. It is an erc20 token and is simply to raise money for a their exchange and its liquidity pool ( all centralized exchanges have one) that hasn't even launched yet.....which btw ethereum ico's you have to be very,very careful with these days. If that exchange fails to open or fails afterwards.... your money is simply gone.
The tokens are intended as a share of ownership of the exchange.....and there are 168 exchanges in the world already.

SpectreCoin [xspec] is a privacy coin that works even in countries that block TOR and has value....https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/spectrecoin/#markets

Please try to research a little better before making comments like above.
Coin Mage
There is a very similar project in the name of this project. spectre project. Is it so hard to find a name? Spectre team can find some more original names Smiley

Actually we were the first Spectre project, and everything else copied our name! It's really a shame that projects just choose a name that is already taken... But hey this the internet, it is anarchy, we can only ask them to stop it (which we did), but can not force them.

Funnily enough, originally in 2016 we had the ticker [SPEC], but changed it to XSPEC because some dead project had that ticker in 2014 or so. And then came a different Spectre, copied our name and chose the ticker "SPEC" because they found it was unused. -,- Right, seriously. It's just ridiculous. All we are trying is to do it "right", but we cannot take responsibility for the other projects.
legendary
Activity: 1148
@xlcus, @DRPD

Please follow these instructions (adding nodes manually): https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#6-i-have-zero-connections

We also have a fix already that is just waiting to be included! Smiley See https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/issues/21

ok cool, using a "good" peers.dat seems to fix ist for me
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Earn with impressio.io
There is a very similar project in the name of this project. spectre project. Is it so hard to find a name? Spectre team can find some more original names Smiley
Coin Mage
@xlcus, @DRPD

Please follow these instructions (adding nodes manually): https://github.com/bitcoinx2/spectre/wiki/FAQ#6-i-have-zero-connections

We also have a fix already that is just waiting to be included! Smiley See https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/issues/21
legendary
There is no minimum number of coins.
But the more in your wallet the better your chances are of receiving a stake reward.
running a POS client is like mining without burning large amounts of electricity.
Only the more coins in your wallet gives you "weight " on the network and more rewards.
The number of other wallets and thri "weight" will also affect your reward.
The staking is meant to keep the network running smoothly and giving very fast transactions.
If you have ever tried transfers on a POW coin network that is low/erratic hash rate transfers can take a variety of different times.....anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours or even a few days.

several thousand xspec is a start.

Activity: 29
hi
i have a question
legendary
Activity: 1148

just for info:

i installed the wallet (spectre-1.3.3-w64.zip) yesterday on a new pc w10-64

after starting the wallet no sync was possible (0 connections)for 2-3 hrs.

So I copied the content of roaming\SpecterCoin from the old pc (except wallet.dat), starting the wallet again with empty wallet.dat -> everything fine instant (8+ connections and synchronization without problems).

note my old pc also runs on w10-64, in the same local network with the same AV and all other stuff ...

i think there is a problem with synchronization on a new/empty windows pc (not sure if it's the peers.dat, chain or something else) and i guess on mac too (see post above).

Cheers and keep on the good work   Wink
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1009
Just a small reminder, most synching and connection issues are environmental.....if you lose your net connection or if its sporadic, firewall issues, windows updates (especially on win 10 that updates when it wants to) ....its rarely the wallet itself.

How about the Mac wallet?  How to set it? no sync here.
Activity: 263
Merit: 101
Leo Bitman
Hi I just find this coin by a coincident, can you guys please tell me what is the Total Supply of coins in Spectre.

Thank you in advance

Peace.

20,785,264 XSPEC in circulation
with 5% added on a yearly basis with no hard cap

Thx, are there any maximum or will it continue to add 5% on an annual basis?

Peace.

The general idea of the community is that this value should never be higher than 5%.
My personal idea is that this value (5%) should decrease over time.
I'm working on it, I just do not present it here yet, so there will be a maximum limit of practical character.
An asymptotic curve to a finite value, and certainly of low value comparable to Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: