Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Spectrecoin[XSPEC] TOR+OBFS4, Ring Sig, Stealth! - page 85. (Read 94854 times)

Activity: 263
Merit: 101
Leo Bitman
Hi,
Would like to have an article on icohotel.com?
Contact Mike Lagrange if you're interested.
[email protected]

Very soon it will be our first birthday since the ICO, this answers your question ?.
I think so.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hi,
Would like to have an article on icohotel.com?
Contact Mike Lagrange if you're interested.
[email protected]
Leo Bitman
Yes, adding nodes solved it for me too. Syncing is taking a long time, though.
Currently to download the entire blockchain takes 1 hour,
but of course this is thus, starting from zero.
If your wallet was synchronized for the last time 2 months ago,
then it should not take more than 12/15 minutes to synchronize.
Activity: 2
Yes, adding nodes solved it for me too. Syncing is taking a long time, though.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 515
Coin Mage
I am with same problem. Unnistalled and reinstalled but no syncing and zero active connections. i am also looking for a post with new nodes... but cant find it.

See my previous post. I experienced the same problem, adding nodes solves it. I have forwarded the problem to jbg.
Activity: 490
Merit: 106
Hey Guys, I've been having trouble syncing my wallet. I downloaded the newest wallet and it loads my transactions but not my coins, and it will not connect to begin syncing. This has been the first time I started my wallet in about 4 months. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Someone told me to load new nodes?
Can someone please assist me?

One other question...Is it possible to transfer my wallet.dat file to another computer?

Thank you

I am with same problem. Unnistalled and reinstalled but no syncing and zero active connections. i am also looking for a post with new nodes... but cant find it.
Coin Mage
Hey Guys, I've been having trouble syncing my wallet. I downloaded the newest wallet and it loads my transactions but not my coins, and it will not connect to begin syncing. This has been the first time I started my wallet in about 4 months. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Someone told me to load new nodes?

One other question...Is it possible to transfer my wallet.dat file to another computer?

Thank you

You can look up the node list here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/#!network

Then go to the Debug console via "Debug" in the menu, and type for a few of these addresses:

addnode c5rpzfklcbbspzhg.onion add

Then you should sync fine.

You can transfer your wallet.dat to another computer, yes. The database versions need to be compatible. For me it is usually easier to transfer the clear text private key. You can also use the debug console for this, is works the same as for any other coin.
Activity: 48

Thank you
Leo Bitman
hey guys, i'm buying some more xspec and feeling good about it Smiley
but i do have some small concerns/questions...every time i open the spectre client it takes a lot of time to sync, is this normal?
i'd like to know why this is so slow, as i can't transfer/make transactions while the client is syncing because it doesn't show my balance

also, i'm a new user and a newbie regarding tech, is the platform completely finished? i worry a bit about new users like me getting confused using it and not seeing the value in the software, etc, this could be a barrier in the future as the coin grows in size and user acceptance

For now this operation is normal, but we are currently working to improve this.
You must have in mind that it is being designed to be able to work on devices
with little computing power as the average of  the smartphones.
In the next version to exit, 1.4.0 will notice a improvement in the start time, (small for now).
In no way is this technology finished, it is beginning its development.
I am currently writing a possible solution to this problem.  Smiley
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
update : namewastaken
hey guys, i'm buying some more xspec and feeling good about it Smiley
but i do have some small concerns/questions...every time i open the spectre client it takes a lot of time to sync, is this normal?
i'd like to know why this is so slow, as i can't transfer/make transactions while the client is syncing because it doesn't show my balance

also, i'm a new user and a newbie regarding tech, is the platform completely finished? i worry a bit about new users like me getting confused using it and not seeing the value in the software, etc, this could be a barrier in the future as the coin grows in size and user acceptance

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Iron sharpeneth iron BTC 13TZeA5bWGfrAsUqbnAUiQHhq
Activity: 140
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
Spectreproject’s Weekly Summary
Saturday, November 11th – Saturday, November 18th

More new members of our Slack Community…..Please, welcome these folks as you see them. I had to “weed out” a few trouble makers but still we’re stadning around 934 members strong!
Wokkel, CryptoBatman, I5CAT8, mikkaut, www www, Besty, ahrefer, Jim, Waldo, Felix F, hm, wolfie, floyd1987, and mettamark

Dev nuts and bolts - I know everyone is interested in the progress of v1.4
So here it goes! Straight from @jbg.

“This past week we have been polishing the stealth transaction and encrypted chat user interfaces.The upcoming v1.4 has completely revamped the User Interface (UI) for both of these features as well as others so they are much easier to use.

I've also finished implementing the new backup/restore/resync logic so nobody will need to copy files around any more, you can do it all inside the wallet.

We are testing that at the moment...keep your eyes on Slack for the latest!”

@jbg expects the first testing for selected members to begin tomorrow.

Exciting news indeed!

Other Spectrecoin News -

SpectreCoin [xspec] has held strong as Bitcoin has again reached all time highs.
It’s value in btc has been surprising consistent when you consider how much many other coins have dropped. It’s a great time for members old and new to pick up a few because as many of you know….markets are dynamic and SpectreCoin [xspec] has so many things going for it…..a small spark and the days of this low valuation will be a thing of the past.

I said last week I would mention a few more members of our great community.
First, from the start most of SpectreCoin has been focused on Slack. Please take a few minutes and visit the twitter site built and managed by @communityhale. He’s back after experiencing the challenges of the wildfires in Northern California. Sounds like he came out OK although some friends nearby were affected. He’s going to be spending more time now on twitter. Thank You for your work!

Another Community Member that is very much behind the scenes but a stablizing force on bitcointalk is @leobitman. He doesn’t talk much but when he does….his insight as an original ico participant and background in crypto can be very educational. We appreciate you here and thank you for the support in that crazy place called BitcoinTalk.

Soon we’ll celebrate SpectreCoin’s first birthday! Just over a year ago the ico opened.
Congratulaions to @spectreproject (aka Mandica) @jbg and the other devs that laid the foundation for what we have today!

Happy Birthday SpectreCoin!

Beachguy

“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” 
                                                                                                                                         Walt Disney    1901~1966     
Activity: 649
Merit: 257
Any date for the wallet please ?
Thanks
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
Price direct fantastic fell. less than 5000 sat.

But that's just fine. now is the time to buy and hold. It's the most anonymous coin. I'm sure she's got just a great future. If you invest more in marketing and to develop it in China, where there are firewalls.

HODL and believe

Good time to accumulate.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
But what's the best exchange to buy these on?

i can recommend cryptopia
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=XSPEC_BTC

cheers
Coin Mage
i like to use telegram

Then join our channel over there! Smiley The link is on the first page of this thread.
Activity: 229
got a fast laptop last week. haven't used windows 7pro for awhile and would like to delete the spectre wallet - this is just to recover it as an exercise. i named it although it took awhile to even realize you need to name the wallet (and optionally give it a password), so then i saw and wrote the 24 word passphrase. it's a slick wallet alright! i just have trouble finding the uninstall on this system. i recall early windows versions made the uninstall very easy, maybe i missed something...

edit...
deleted the main .exe and reinstalled by clicking the .zip file again. keeps finding the old balance (fractional small amount). maybe i'll try telegram for this question, but this seems better. telegram is okay but the babies there bug me.
Coin Mage
Just to make this clear for everybody, because it was asked in Slack: Our cryptographer @brycel is currently overhauling the stealth transaction mechanism, which has two objectives: First, we want to make stealth transactions the default. Currently they are possible, but few people use them, so this will hopefully increase the adoption of stealth transactions in SpectreCoin. This was already planned for 1.4, but maybe be a bit delayed.

The second step will be to introduce stealth staking, that is a totally anonymous PoS system using ring signatures. This will initiate the next major release, version 2.0. My personal estimation, based on what our lead developer @jbg said, would be mid- to end of January.

There are two kinds of balance in SpectreCoin, one is the private balance and the other is the public balance. Private balances are not shown on the block explorer, and when we will have proof-of-stake using private balances, that should give us a very interesting anonymous consensus mechanism (ACM) that has never been seen before.  Cool
Activity: 140
Spectrecoin is one of the few projects where, when the price sags, you feel some kind of joy. You can still buy at a low price!
I'm buying now !!!

Have a nice day, everyone!
Pages:
Jump to: