Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][STACK] StackCoin - Get in Now - #Fast Decrease# [Launch 22/02/2014] - page 2. (Read 105484 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Reading through this, I can't believe no one asked the dev for one simple thing - A video of their magic wallet with trading. That thing looks so photoshopped... a video would have been really hard to fake...

Video is not all that hard to fake. One can do wonders with a basic understanding of After Effects. Look at Edgecoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=540017.new;topicseen#new

They're promising the world... Everything stackcoin was promising, plus marketplace, wallet trading, game development etc etc. I think its the same team behind stackcoin, coming back for a sequel  Wink
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Reading through this, I can't believe no one asked the dev for one simple thing - A video of their magic wallet with trading. That thing looks so photoshopped... a video would have been really hard to fake...
Activity: 476
Merit: 300
I'd almost forgotten about this.

Laughing all over again, definitely one of the greatest ever threads in Bitcointalk history.
Activity: 280
I'm curious: did any of the scammed investors report this to the police or similar?

My feeling is that a lot of people think "because this is the internet - and because it is about cryptos - there are no laws". But that's clearly wrong.

If there has been fraud, and more importantly if there is a way to trace the fraudster (e.g. google-email + IP address, website registration, other patterns of usage) then it should be possible to hand this over to a prosecutor. I'm not sure if they'd be interested to do sth about it as the amount defrauded is "only" 30k$. Maybe if you collected material and information about the fraud yourself and presented it on a silver tablet.

Fraud is illegal in most countries, so it would not even help to "hide" in another country if the evidence is clear.

The added benefit of going after such people would be that it sends a clear signal and maybe prevents further scams.

LOL, have you even imagined it happening? You do realize that crypto IPO is not a "legal" chunk of a company like a real world IPO right? One buys a bunch of unicorn horns for 1000 USD and decide to pay a leprechaun 2 unicorn horns in exchange for 2% of his gold stash. If I don't get the 2%, its not exactly a fraud you see. Its the same for promised hugs and kisses  Grin
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Sometimes I come here just to sit. Collect my thoughts.
Activity: 167
I'm curious: did any of the scammed investors report this to the police or similar?

My feeling is that a lot of people think "because this is the internet - and because it is about cryptos - there are no laws". But that's clearly wrong.

If there has been fraud, and more importantly if there is a way to trace the fraudster (e.g. google-email + IP address, website registration, other patterns of usage) then it should be possible to hand this over to a prosecutor. I'm not sure if they'd be interested to do sth about it as the amount defrauded is "only" 30k$. Maybe if you collected material and information about the fraud yourself and presented it on a silver tablet.

Fraud is illegal in most countries, so it would not even help to "hide" in another country if the evidence is clear.

The added benefit of going after such people would be that it sends a clear signal and maybe prevents further scams.
Activity: 588

this all still here as a hall of fame?
Activity: 686
History repeats itself.

Stackcoin 2.0

Any more investors interested to donated bitcoins to strangers?
Activity: 574
Growcoin Chief
69.5 BTC

This is the official alt coin IPO Logo.

The moment he posted this, I almost pissed my pants laughing.... Nominee for best post of 2014!  Cheesy

Though I feel sorry for the people who lost their coins
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
it was fuanny how pople got inot this IPO.

lulz!
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Cant stop laughing! Still!
Activity: 504
eidoo wallet
Activity: 140
In my opinion, a newbie, even Jr Member  MUSN`T put a new ANN COIN...
Nah. Just because someone is new here doesn't mean that they are crooked. Also, someone who's been here a while might want to create an official account for their coin that's separate from their personal account.

It wouldn't offer much protection, anyway. Someone who's been here a while might decide to go crooked. A crook could just run a script and guess the password of an old, abandoned account and announce with it. Sure, it would be nice to find a solution so that people wouldn't need to actually use their brains, but I don't think there is any way around that.

This is what is currently showing in your account's description: "LeafCoin to 1$ make your first million." Should I automatically believe that LeafCoin [PRICE CHART] is headed for $1 because a member is saying so? (I assume that you just haven't bothered changing that, but still, it shows that it would be foolish for someone to automatically believe what a member is saying, just like it would be foolish to automatically believe what a newbie is saying.)
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
DASH is the future of crypto payments!
In my opinion, a newbie, even Jr Member  MUSN`T put a new ANN COIN...
Activity: 84
69.5 BTC

So I've just now read the whole thread, and while I do truly feel terrible for the people who got shafted here...

this has to be one of the most epic troll jobs of all time.

This confirmed scam coin should be stickied for a few months, especially for newbies believing everything they read.

Summary: Some persons or person created a coin, people pre-paid a lot of money to get some coins. Dev never delivered and took all their money, 69.5 BTC, posted the above GIF and booked a nice trip to the bahamas.

YES YOU ARE RIGHT IT SHOULD BE Stickied for long time.....

Yeah and change the name to: Biggest SCAM read this and learn...
and i saw a guy saying he sent 0.2BTC even 1 day after everyone knows it was a scam... -_-  Roll Eyes
Activity: 294
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
69.5 BTC

So I've just now read the whole thread, and while I do truly feel terrible for the people who got shafted here...

This confirmed scam coin should be stickied for a few months, especially for newbies believing everything they read.

Summary: Some persons or person created a coin, people pre-paid a lot of money to get some coins. Dev never delivered and took all their money, 69.5 BTC, posted the above GIF and booked a nice trip to the bahamas.

YES YOU ARE RIGHT IT SHOULD BE Stickied for long time.....
Activity: 196
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
69.5 BTC

They can sticky it all they want...people ignore the warnings.  

I post warnings ALL OVER new suspected scams; I created & bumped a thread specifically made to tell people how to avoid being scammed, but they still keep sending their money.  Sometimes, you have to let idiots be idiots and just hope they eventually learn a lesson.
Activity: 364
69.5 BTC

Pages:
Jump to: