Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][STEPS] Let's make a new altcoin environment - page 77. (Read 193160 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Guys please keep and eye out on twitter and retweet as often as you can, it's essential for us to build up twitter. This will not only help the community grown but is important for customer interaction.

https://twitter.com/AltcoinSteps/status/661620351294664705

Cheers

LP
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Let's make a new altcoin environment.
i have 25,000 coins in a wallet. i sent them to there by 1000 steps at a time. 25 trans of 1000. i have had it running for a week now. my weight is almost 90,000. when will i receive my first reward? also what is this i hear about you guys burning more coins?

Indeed we busy with the longterm planning of Steps and after much thought we found a way to burn Steps and provide a new service to our users. We will update the community in the next 7 to 10 days with more detail and launch this new service that the altcoin community as a whole will embrace.
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
i have 25,000 coins in a wallet. i sent them to there by 1000 steps at a time. 25 trans of 1000. i have had it running for a week now. my weight is almost 90,000. when will i receive my first reward? also what is this i hear about you guys burning more coins?

This is a difficult coin to find stakes for now that it has been out for a little while.  I have smaller block sizes and I had to wait 2 weeks for my first one.  You should start getting them in a day or two.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

[/quote]

most likely there will be change in block times as soon as high pos finishes, but we still have time to discuss it more

the exchange will have BTC and STEPS trading pairs
[/quote]

I agree about having much shorter block times after fixed block rewards. I recently got into ANTI and it has 30 secons block time and its great, u send something and its literally in yr wallet and confirmed by the time you check it. If STEPS is to be a usable currency this is essential.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001
... and someone just dumped 260k  wtf Huh

edit

I guess I was wrong about dumps, some big holders still want out at current levels and it seems BTC rise made their decision quicker.

This is disgusting - 125,000 sold at 790 - how the hell are we supposed to go up when some dude just got 125,000 for next to nothing.

well its a hell of alot better than 1 Person owning over 200,000 that he paid 200 sats for. However painfull these dumps are for all its unfortunately going to happen. Until we have much bigger liquidity and are on bigger exchanges its gonna be a see saw. I see redistribution as a good thing , it ups the average price paid for STEPS and makes rising in the future easier. Also the coins are out of the hands of someone who obviously dont give a fuck about STEPS and would just dump at a later date when price is even higher, better get these dumps done now i think, good chance for newcomers to pick up some of the best crypto in town at a great price.  At some point , soon i hope, these people will run out of coins to dump, then we all know what will happen Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1003
Activity: 484
Check your wallets.Looks like another hack!The dumper just used only Yobit while he could have made x2 if he dumped on all 3 sites.Looks like he wanted a quick dump.Something stinks for sure!This will not pass unnoticed!

I really hope that lessons have been learned about hacks!

I can comment as follow: We took notice of the recent hacks of wallets and that some investors and miners lost coins because of viruses and trojans in new wallets.

We as developers had a long discussion about it and found a solution for it. We will implement this as soon as possible and hopefully can support the altcoin community as a whole to protect holders of new coins.

I'm not exactly sure what exactly the "hack" is.  This was someone with a lot of coins who dumped. No hacking needed for that.

However, I am very interested to learn about the solution mentioned above.

Well.Doesn't seem like a hack after all!Dumps made on all exchanges. + no one complained,so fortunately not a hack!Dumps came from the usual address (mentioned above).Good for him and the guys who had placed the buy orders
I see the web wallet is up on STEPS site.  How are you planning on getting the payment gateway to work?  Will STEPS be added to a site like coinpayments or will it be a custom setup?  The online store will it be like ebay where people can put their items up for bid or like ETSY where you have a fixed price, or will the store be run by the devs only?

I didn't make any mention of my worries with the exchange before because TBH i didn't think STEPS would last this far.  But since I have already ROI'd and development seems to be humming along fairly well I feel I can express my worries now.

Don't you think 5 minute blocktimes are too slow to run an exchange on?  Look at NXT for example.  They have slower block times and their decen exchange is terrible! 

Bitshares 2.0 on the other hand is very responsive.  But they have 3 second block times. Over 100x faster than STEPS block times. 

Or will the exchange be centrally hosted with STEPS being the head currency like they do with DOT over at cryptopia?

IF the STEPS team could beat 3 second block times without implementing DPoS that would make the currency far more useful than BTS 2.0 is as everybody would be contributing to processing blocks versus BTS 2.0 where only 101 people are making all the money and processing all of the blocks.
we have nothing against being added on site like coinpayments but our payment gateway will be custom set up, everything we will have as service on our site/platform will be custom, done from scratch

the online store will be like ebay, people will be able to add items for sale or bid, we are only going to be the middle man in that case

most likely there will be change in block times as soon as high pos finishes, but we still have time to discuss it more

I think an ebay like site will work best.  Thanks for the reply.
Check your wallets.Looks like another hack!The dumper just used only Yobit while he could have made x2 if he dumped on all 3 sites.Looks like he wanted a quick dump.Something stinks for sure!This will not pass unnoticed!

I can comment as follow: We took notice of the recent hacks of wallets and that some investors and miners lost coins because of viruses and trojans in new wallets.

We as developers had a long discussion about it and found a solution for it. We will implement this as soon as possible and hopefully can support the altcoin community as a whole to protect holders of new coins.

I'm not exactly sure what exactly the "hack" is.  This was someone with a lot of coins who dumped. No hacking needed for that.

However, I am very interested to learn about the solution mentioned above.
to address the staking fuze/split

there are 2 lines in code that define this:

unsigned int nStakeSplitAge = 1 * 24 * 60 * 60;
int64_t nStakeCombineThreshold = 1000 * COIN;

the nStakeSplitAge = 1 * 24 * 60 * 60; means that the pos reward gets split into 2 outputs if the stake was younger than nStakeSplitAge(24 hours for STEPS)
the nStakeCombineThreshold = 1000 * COIN; means that if there are multiple sub-1000 STEPS coins at the staking address they should be recombined.
Activity: 714
Here's the fucker who dumped. As soon as I saw the dump I knew it would be this guy. He's been staking more than his fair share for weeks now - no surprises there.

http://chain.altcoinsteps.com/address/SeyJ5F7ZvBxR2DVodk8nottm9Tm3QaKYCN

He has placed the other 135,000 on the sell book as a sell wall- Fuck you very much.

Coin from address you noticed are just transfered to new address

http://chain.altcoinsteps.com/address/SX7vKVcE9xU8UEHEgy8vvKuDPRR5MAipfD

The question is why, cause he was staking good.

It all depends at what price he bought and the latest btc price is $379!!!
Activity: 829
Merit: 1000
Here's the fucker who dumped. As soon as I saw the dump I knew it would be this guy. He's been staking more than his fair share for weeks now - no surprises there.

He has placed the other 135,000 on the sell book as a sell wall- Fuck you very much.

Coin from address you noticed are just transfered to new address

http://chain.altcoinsteps.com/address/SX7vKVcE9xU8UEHEgy8vvKuDPRR5MAipfD

The question is why, cause he was staking good.

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

Well he did have a bigger share than everyone else so he would have naturally found more blocks.

Everyone is entitled to sell their coins, it's an open market

Something stinks...

Don't stand so close to Placebo Cheesy

for real, he chases ico's. i remember 48 hours after viral launched he was complaining that a pump didn't happen yet because he wanted to jump in on darkcrave or some equally stupid shit.It's how he even treats his own coin, would not surprise me at all.
Activity: 484

Well he did have a bigger share than everyone else so he would have naturally found more blocks.

Something stinks...

Mmmm I bought FreedomCoin from Placebo at 3400 sat, now 18 sat dumped as well this morning.
Activity: 532
Better die on your feet, than live on your knees

Something stinks...

I see the web wallet is up on STEPS site.  How are you planning on getting the payment gateway to work?  Will STEPS be added to a site like coinpayments or will it be a custom setup?  The online store will it be like ebay where people can put their items up for bid or like ETSY where you have a fixed price, or will the store be run by the devs only?

I didn't make any mention of my worries with the exchange before because TBH i didn't think STEPS would last this far.  But since I have already ROI'd and development seems to be humming along fairly well I feel I can express my worries now.

Don't you think 5 minute blocktimes are too slow to run an exchange on?  Look at NXT for example.  They have slower block times and their decen exchange is terrible! 

Bitshares 2.0 on the other hand is very responsive.  But they have 3 second block times. Over 100x faster than STEPS block times. 

Or will the exchange be centrally hosted with STEPS being the head currency like they do with DOT over at cryptopia?

IF the STEPS team could beat 3 second block times without implementing DPoS that would make the currency far more useful than BTS 2.0 is as everybody would be contributing to processing blocks versus BTS 2.0 where only 101 people are making all the money and processing all of the blocks.
we have nothing against being added on site like coinpayments but our payment gateway will be custom set up, everything we will have as service on our site/platform will be custom, done from scratch

the online store will be like ebay, people will be able to add items for sale or bid, we are only going to be the middle man in that case

Something stinks...

Grrrrr just woke up and saw this dump, I bought some more. What amazes me is that Steps have a stable price for weeks, why dump at once if you had chance to slowly sell some of your stash?

Exactly. That's why it stinks. This guy sold 125,000 at 790 sat when people were happily paying up to 2990 sat a few hours ago.

It all depends how the market react, this is not the first time a big holder dumped his coins to get out. In the mean time we as Steps Developers will make sure we concentrate on development.
Activity: 194
Merit: 100

Something stinks...

Grrrrr just woke up and saw this dump, I bought some more. What amazes me is that Steps have a stable price for weeks, why dump at once if you had chance to slowly sell some of your stash?

Exactly. That's why it stinks. This guy sold 125,000 at 790 sat when people were happily paying up to 2990 sat a few hours ago.
Pages:
Jump to: