Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 197. (Read 424232 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
Adding CAP tonight or tomorrow.

This is the last scrypt coin I will be adding until after PPC and the SHA-256 multiport are set up.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
When will multipool add additional popular and highly profitable coins?

When volume on the exchange justifies it. Also, you don't go by profitability, you go by profitability adjusted for stales.
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
When will multipool add additional popular and highly profitable coins?
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
May be the time of bottlecaps is coming ? Smiley Last 7 days profitability is high enough. Just think about it.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
I managed to forget my password, and the reset doesn't seem to be sending anything. Not sure if it's my email provider or multipool - has anybody reset their password lately?

You're entering your username, right?
Yep. Gives me a notification that it was sent to the proper email address, but for some reason I'm not receiving it. I think there's just something wrong with outlook right now.

Edit: Looks like I finally received the reset email, problem solved.
www.multipool.us
I managed to forget my password, and the reset doesn't seem to be sending anything. Not sure if it's my email provider or multipool - has anybody reset their password lately?

You're entering your username, right?
Activity: 41
www.multipool.us
There seems to be a problem, yes. Clicking Cash Out simply reloads the page. No error message, nothing happens.

I had that problem before I realized, you need to put the address in and click save first.  Then press cashout after page reloads.

My payment address is saved and locked.

We've spent a lot of time on NVC lately. The pool only requires 80 confirmations, while a generated NVC block requires 520 to mature. My money is on empty hot wallet.

You are correct, this is the issue.

I am sending more NVC to the hot wallet now.

I just sent the last 40 NVC from the pool reserves to the hot wallet.  Once people withdraw these, we will have to wait until some blocks are confirmed for more.

Flound I am a recent supporter/contributor to your pool.  I don't think you should be divulging these "secrets" about how much NVC you have...I mean this doesn't make me entirely confident in the pool knowing it's almost out of funds (temporarily even).

I think you're misunderstanding, the only reason this is the case is because we found so many NVC blocks yesterday and today, and they are being paid out at 80 confirms rather than 520 (NVC requires 520 to fully confirm a block, like PPC.)

This allows the pool users to get their NVC sooner than they normally would have.  It's essentially a loan from the pool's reserves until the blocks are actually confirmed and paid back into the wallet.

It's not a sign of unhealthy finances at all (unless you consider earlier payouts a bad thing, I guess).  All NVC that had been mined before the past few days was safe in the cold wallet until it was needed for withdrawals today.  I could make everyone wait 3 days (520 confirmations) to get the NVC from the blocks mined yesterday and today, but I'd rather not do that.

Also I don't really consider it a secret; the money belongs to the miners, not to me.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Carpe Diem
There seems to be a problem, yes. Clicking Cash Out simply reloads the page. No error message, nothing happens.

I had that problem before I realized, you need to put the address in and click save first.  Then press cashout after page reloads.

We've spent a lot of time on NVC lately. The pool only requires 80 confirmations, while a generated NVC block requires 520 to mature. My money is on empty hot wallet.

I just sent the last 40 NVC from the pool reserves to the hot wallet.  Once people withdraw these, we will have to wait until some blocks are confirmed for more.

Flound I am a recent supporter/contributor to your pool.  I don't think you should be divulging these "secrets" about how much NVC you have...I mean this doesn't make me entirely confident in the pool knowing it's almost out of funds (temporarily even).
www.multipool.us

I had that problem before I realized, you need to put the address in and click save first.  Then press cashout after page reloads.

I just sent the last 40 NVC from the pool reserves to the hot wallet.  Once people withdraw these, we will have to wait until some blocks are confirmed for more.
Activity: 201
I have the new EU server ready to go, but I'm not going to switch it over tonight because I'm about to go to sleep, and bad things seem to happen when I change things before going to sleep.  Also, the current server seems to be doing much better @64 share diff, so it should be fine until tomorrow.

If you want to test out the new EU pool you can try pool2.eu.multipool.in.  It's in Amsterdam rather than Ireland (different provider).

Can I put a vote in for leaving the share diff at 64?  I for one would love a much higher diff but its at least a step in the right direction for me.  With 6 MH with diff at 256-600 I see much less stales on my rigs.  Almost 3-5% less depending on the coin I am presently mining.

Please keep in mind that difficulty doesn't change stales. It may appear that you have less, but those stales worth more. Stales exist because there is a short period of time after the new block is found on the network and your miner learns about this new block, so inside this period of time your workers are doing useless job because they are working with an old prev block data of the blockchain. Even if you find a new block during this timeframe, this block would orphaned. Even if you miner doesn't find any shares (of any difficulty) during this timeframe, some work is still wasted.

I have heard this argument a ton of times but in practice it doesn't hold up.  If I run on the same pool that has user selectable diff (WML) and run for a day on 32 diff and a day on 256 I end up with 1-2% less stales on that given pool.  If all shares are the diff you set how is that percentage of stales worth more or less? Its a percent of your total work.  If the percentage is lower, the actually amount is lower as well.

There could be more than double of probability of you submitting diff N share than submitting difficulty 2xN share during the stale time.  I'm talking about network and processing delays (if your miner for example keeps shares for couple of seconds before submitting them, this amount of time would be the same for any difficulty shares and not proportional as difficulty is). But it doesn't mean that the amount of work wasted is not the same for any difficulty, even if you see different ratios of stales.

So your trying to tell me that a percentage isn't dynamically scaled to the actual amounts that they represent?  I understand what your saying but I still get paid more when I have more accepted and less rejected shares over a 24 hour period of time regardless of diff.  So what your saying still doesn't mean anything when it applies to what you will actually make in real world practice.  I'm done arguing with you about it.  You can think what you want and I will as well.  I just know that I can produce more coins of any block chain with a higher share diff which leads me to less stales/rejects.
Activity: 53
Very nice pool!  Do you have plans to add a "stalled worker" notification?  I miss that greatly.

Activity: 441
Merit: 250
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
I have the new EU server ready to go, but I'm not going to switch it over tonight because I'm about to go to sleep, and bad things seem to happen when I change things before going to sleep.  Also, the current server seems to be doing much better @64 share diff, so it should be fine until tomorrow.

If you want to test out the new EU pool you can try pool2.eu.multipool.in.  It's in Amsterdam rather than Ireland (different provider).

Can I put a vote in for leaving the share diff at 64?  I for one would love a much higher diff but its at least a step in the right direction for me.  With 6 MH with diff at 256-600 I see much less stales on my rigs.  Almost 3-5% less depending on the coin I am presently mining.

Please keep in mind that difficulty doesn't change stales. It may appear that you have less, but those stales worth more. Stales exist because there is a short period of time after the new block is found on the network and your miner learns about this new block, so inside this period of time your workers are doing useless job because they are working with an old prev block data of the blockchain. Even if you find a new block during this timeframe, this block would orphaned. Even if you miner doesn't find any shares (of any difficulty) during this timeframe, some work is still wasted.

I have heard this argument a ton of times but in practice it doesn't hold up.  If I run on the same pool that has user selectable diff (WML) and run for a day on 32 diff and a day on 256 I end up with 1-2% less stales on that given pool.  If all shares are the diff you set how is that percentage of stales worth more or less? Its a percent of your total work.  If the percentage is lower, the actually amount is lower as well.

There could be more than double of probability of you submitting diff N share than submitting difficulty 2xN share during the stale time.  I'm talking about network and processing delays (if your miner for example keeps shares for couple of seconds before submitting them, this amount of time would be the same for any difficulty shares and not proportional as difficulty is). But it doesn't mean that the amount of work wasted is not the same for any difficulty, even if you see different ratios of stales.
www.multipool.us
connected on the US multiport.

It should be mining dgc (2.13 profitiability), however i'm mining ARG (1.83 profitability)

Is something wrong ? Smiley

It looks like we were on ARG for around 45 minutes, maybe you just caught it at the tail end and it was about to switch.

Activity: 441
Merit: 250
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

Activity: 231
I was planning to leave it at 64.

I'd like to reimplement vardiff, actually, but there appear to be some DB concurrency issues around running it on multiple pool servers.  I'd also like to add the ability to manually set share difficulty.

64 diff shares? Great news!

I'd personally prefer manual worker difficulty over vardiff. Vardiff is bug-prone and makes the mining client's statistics regarding submitted shares completely useless.

If you want to test out the new EU pool you can try pool2.eu.multipool.in.  It's in Amsterdam rather than Ireland (different provider).

Can I put a vote in for leaving the share diff at 64?  I for one would love a much higher diff but its at least a step in the right direction for me.  With 6 MH with diff at 256-600 I see much less stales on my rigs.  Almost 3-5% less depending on the coin I am presently mining.

I'd like to reimplement vardiff, actually, but there appear to be some DB concurrency issues around running it on multiple pool servers.  I'd also like to add the ability to manually set share difficulty.

Good to hear.  I know what my rigs like for diff so a user set diff would be perfect for me.  Just so you know I have been running on the new eu server for a little while to test it out and all is going well.
www.multipool.us

If you want to test out the new EU pool you can try pool2.eu.multipool.in.  It's in Amsterdam rather than Ireland (different provider).

Can I put a vote in for leaving the share diff at 64?  I for one would love a much higher diff but its at least a step in the right direction for me.  With 6 MH with diff at 256-600 I see much less stales on my rigs.  Almost 3-5% less depending on the coin I am presently mining.

Jump to: