Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 200. (Read 424232 times)

Activity: 231
Merit: 100
Why is FTC still disabled? Is the network still unstable?
FTC is back on Cryptsy as well, and I haven't heard of any issues in the last days.

I don't think FTC is disabled. Look a page back in this thread. Decision on where to Mir now factors in orphans so I assume FTC is having enough orphans to make pxc more profitable. That what ha Ben happening last couple days. I think it's just not reflected in the profitability ranking on top right of multipool page.

I don't think that's it. WeMineFTC didn't have a single orphan among their last 50 blocks; Give-Me-FTC didn't have one among their last 100.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Carpe Diem
FTC is back on Cryptsy as well, and I haven't heard of any issues in the last days.

I don't think FTC is disabled. Look a page back in this thread. Decision on where to Mir now factors in orphans so I assume FTC is having enough orphans to make pxc more profitable. That what ha Ben happening last couple days. I think it's just not reflected in the profitability ranking on top right of multipool page.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Pool shows me much lower hashrate than my miners.

It's a 10 minute average, are you waiting 15 minutes or so for it to become accurate?

Sure, usually at least half an hour. It oscillates pretty weird and for both of my miners. And as stated already, no problems with Pool-X.

How long till share becomes obsolete? I used to have some stale shares, lowered expiry time to 100 seconds but no difference.

zepadee: makes me worry. But also the calculated round income and day income is lower than at Pool-X so there must be something in that, right? It was good a few days ago and it started to be really bad. Aprox. by the time also FTC stratum got problems.

behemot, try changing worksize option on your miners (assuming you use cgminer).
I've been playing with it recently and it seems that pool and miner hashrate are almost identical at 256 worksize, while they are way off at 64 (miner shows a lot higher value).

Cheers!
Activity: 332
Merit: 250
Activity: 574
I have at least 4 more coins in the pipeline (MEC, BOT, FRK, PPC) as well as the SHA-256 multiport, but I need to focus on stability first.  Right now I'm focused on bug fixing, getting the EU server working at max efficiency, and getting features in that will make the profitability calculations more transparent, so that we can be sure we're really doing the most profitable thing.

Thanks more than reasonable Flound, thanks for addressing this.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
Flound, correct me if I'm wrong but I think there is a big issue with multiport which I am mining on but reconsidering):

We just switched to LTC mining.  Well it says there is an expected block every 18 hours.  But we will most likely not be on LTC for 18 hours, so we won't find a block, so it will be wasted time/hash.  Right?

In any case, if I wanted to do the "big coins" I'd mine in those pools, I think we should stick with the little coins, where we can find blocks fairly reliably/quickly, and add some new ones like posters above have said.  Thanks for your effort!

I'd have to agree with this, adding some of the good prospects like Mega, Bottlecaps, and disabling coins like LTC that will have long block times would seem like a good strategy.

The goal of Multipool is to be nimble, right, to be able to quickly switch to the most profitable coins when the circumstances are right? Coins with longer block times seem like they'll result in wasted effort. That said, I don't know how difficult it is, or how feasible it is, to keep adding more and more altcoins to the pool.

Any other thoughts on this?

I have at least 4 more coins in the pipeline (MEC, BOT, FRK, PPC) as well as the SHA-256 multiport, but I need to focus on stability first.  Right now I'm focused on bug fixing, getting the EU server working at max efficiency, and getting features in that will make the profitability calculations more transparent, so that we can be sure we're really doing the most profitable thing.
What's going on right now?
My hashrates on the website dropped to 0 but my miners are still submitting shares.
Let's hope it's just a database issue again and no shares are lost Smiley

DB issue.  Shares are flooding in now.

Looks like cryptsy is down.  I'm looking at adding coins-e as a second exchange for the cryptsy-only coins, but the prices are way different so I'm not sure if that's a good idea at this point.

Yes, it's working again. Smiley

Regarding coins-e: it's really a small market and I think the prices are too far off to be used.
It would be a better idea to remember the last price on cryptsy in case they go down.

EDIT: OK, kslavik beat me by 30 seconds with this response Smiley
Activity: 441
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
My hashrates on the website dropped to 0 but my miners are still submitting shares.

DB issue.  Shares are flooding in now.

Looks like cryptsy is down.  I'm looking at adding coins-e as a second exchange for the cryptsy-only coins, but the prices are way different so I'm not sure if that's a good idea at this point.

Adam, just use last available prices from cryptsy. If it is down, the coin is not traded anyway. (I would ignore coins-e for now because it has no volume)
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us

DB issue.  Shares are flooding in now.

Looks like cryptsy is down.  I'm looking at adding coins-e as a second exchange for the cryptsy-only coins, but the prices are way different so I'm not sure if that's a good idea at this point.
Activity: 441
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
If possible, make the switch to a different coin, only after finding the unit, otherwise all solutions are lost, and efektivnost drops sharply.
Remove from the multiport, coins with great complexity.

I'm sorry, I write through Google translator.

It was discussed before multiple times before:

When MP is on LTC, the average block time is about 2 hours (MP is #5/6 on the LTC network). So there would be 12 blocks found a day - it is a lot of blocks (bitminter.com only finds 4-5 BTC blocks a day). On average Multipool will still be ahead even if it is switching to LTC or NVC only for a short period of time.

There are no solutions to be lost: those are just profs of work which tells the pool how to distribute the reward IF block is found. If there are no blocks found - there is nothing to distribute and old shares are disregarded.

If you think you would get better rewards mining some other less profitable coin, just switch your miners yourself, but Multipool will still give better rewards overtime if LTC and other longer coins are part of the MP.

Activity: 32
I wonder why mulitpool is hashing TRC with diff 1 while coinotron is using diff 4!?

Is there any know (performance?) reason?
Activity: 6
If possible, make the switch to a different coin, only after finding the unit, otherwise all solutions are lost, and efektivnost drops sharply.
Remove from the multiport, coins with great complexity.

I'm sorry, I write through Google translator.
Flound, correct me if I'm wrong but I think there is a big issue with multiport which I am mining on but reconsidering):

We just switched to LTC mining.  Well it says there is an expected block every 18 hours.  But we will most likely not be on LTC for 18 hours, so we won't find a block, so it will be wasted time/hash.  Right?

In any case, if I wanted to do the "big coins" I'd mine in those pools, I think we should stick with the little coins, where we can find blocks fairly reliably/quickly, and add some new ones like posters above have said.  Thanks for your effort!

I'd have to agree with this, adding some of the good prospects like Mega, Bottlecaps, and disabling coins like LTC that will have long block times would seem like a good strategy.

The goal of Multipool is to be nimble, right, to be able to quickly switch to the most profitable coins when the circumstances are right? Coins with longer block times seem like they'll result in wasted effort. That said, I don't know how difficult it is, or how feasible it is, to keep adding more and more altcoins to the pool.

Any other thoughts on this?
Activity: 546
Carpe Diem

We just switched to LTC mining.  Well it says there is an expected block every 18 hours.  But we will most likely not be on LTC for 18 hours, so we won't find a block, so it will be wasted time/hash.  Right?

In any case, if I wanted to do the "big coins" I'd mine in those pools, I think we should stick with the little coins, where we can find blocks fairly reliably/quickly, and add some new ones like posters above have said.  Thanks for your effort!
Phenixcoin's pretty hot right now, wonder what's wrong with the pool...
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
As i see most important for altcoins is their network hash rate (after profitability), therefore i suggested megacoins, bottlecaps and franco coins. This coins has over 100MH hashrate and seems to be stable last week. Also their hash rate grows very fast.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
I still has a proposal to add franco, bottlecaps and megacoin on multiport. They all seems to be good enough for mining.

Megacoin income seems pretty stable lately.
Activity: 453
dfgfdgfdg
I left a few miners on LTC for the last day and their rejection rate is 0.0986%
Keep up the good work.
Activity: 52
I still has a proposal to add franco, bottlecaps and megacoin on multiport. They all seems to be good enough for mining.

UNOCS! Flound u add it when it starts?
Jump to: