Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][TZC] TrezarCoin Super-Secure-PoW/PoS - page 17. (Read 156539 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 1
be aware of Unimining pool. They turned off all neoscrypt coins from their site and have not payed minted coins yet. Everything without any explanation. Started about 7-8 hours ago.

From their Discord about 3 hours ago:

UniMining.net[admin]:
Hardware failure on NeoScrypt Servers during the night
NeoScrypt stratums are up again. Payments will be processed on the next run.

But thank you for the update.
Activity: 236
Merit: 12
be aware of Unimining pool. They turned off all neoscrypt coins from their site and have not payed minted coins yet. Everything without any explanation. Started about 7-8 hours ago.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10

The more I study this project the more I like it. Tell me, pls how can I participate in this project without investing personal funds?

You have the usual options:

1) Invest
2) Mine
3) Join the community (Slack, Discord, etc.) and see how you can help out.

Since you seem to want to avoid investing funds, then you could try 2 & 3...

I also like this project and mine it currently. It's note very profitable, but has still a good ratio according to whattomine.com.
Activity: 440
Second is that the new wallet is tagged as a trojan by Windows Defender (Fuery.a!cl) but this is almost certainly a false positive (or, I should say, it better be) so this file needs to be excluded from scanning....
Thanks for explaining this with the Windows-Defender. - We have already improved the false-positives with virustotal, still WindowsDefender doesnt like it. - Virustotal shows 0/64.
As for Windows Defender, I have had to exclude all mining programs and most wallets from it over the last 2 months as every definition update seems to target mining more and more. The conspiracy theorist in me suspects this is because lots of mining rigs running Win10 don't bother activating it...  Roll Eyes
I've never had an issue with Windows Defender and mining programs or wallets, and this TZC release didn't change that. Seems odd that it would vary from user to user Huh

Are you using Windows 7 or Windows 8.1/10? The Windows Defender in Windows 7 is not really an antivirus programme but a rather simple and not very effective anti-malware programme. If you are using Windows 10, are you sure you are using the latest version of Windows 10 and also whether you are using some other antivirus programme - an installation of almost any other antivirus programme will disable Windows Defender (which is good - one should not have two antivirus programmes running at the same time).
I'm running Windows 10 Home (legitimate and activated) with no other antivirus program. Defender is definitely active and I know it's up to date.

I've also used a computer that was running Win10 Pro and Webroot SecureAnywhere, but that only got rid of mining programs (though it ignored ccminer KlausT 8.15 for some reason).

OK, further options which might lead to this are:

1. The exact version of Windows 10 Home one is using (e.g., 1703, 1709). Even though Microsoft enforces Windows 10 version upgrades, these might fail to install - at the same time, the OS might still be getting all critical patches and, if this is the case, can be considered secure (for the time being). In almost any feature update of Windows 10, MS does some changes to the Windows Defender, for example:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/whats-new/whats-new-windows-10-version-1709

2. Status of cloud-delivered protection of Windows Defender.
3. Any setup folder exclusions. It is enough to do it once and anything in that folder will never be scanned / reported.

Activity: 196
Merit: 11
Second is that the new wallet is tagged as a trojan by Windows Defender (Fuery.a!cl) but this is almost certainly a false positive (or, I should say, it better be) so this file needs to be excluded from scanning....
Thanks for explaining this with the Windows-Defender. - We have already improved the false-positives with virustotal, still WindowsDefender doesnt like it. - Virustotal shows 0/64.
As for Windows Defender, I have had to exclude all mining programs and most wallets from it over the last 2 months as every definition update seems to target mining more and more. The conspiracy theorist in me suspects this is because lots of mining rigs running Win10 don't bother activating it...  Roll Eyes
I've never had an issue with Windows Defender and mining programs or wallets, and this TZC release didn't change that. Seems odd that it would vary from user to user Huh

Are you using Windows 7 or Windows 8.1/10? The Windows Defender in Windows 7 is not really an antivirus programme but a rather simple and not very effective anti-malware programme. If you are using Windows 10, are you sure you are using the latest version of Windows 10 and also whether you are using some other antivirus programme - an installation of almost any other antivirus programme will disable Windows Defender (which is good - one should not have two antivirus programmes running at the same time).
I'm running Windows 10 Home (legitimate and activated) with no other antivirus program. Defender is definitely active and I know it's up to date.

I've also used a computer that was running Win10 Pro and Webroot SecureAnywhere, but that only got rid of mining programs (though it ignored ccminer KlausT 8.15 for some reason).
legendary
Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005
As for Windows Defender, I have had to exclude all mining programs and most wallets from it over the last 2 months as every definition update seems to target mining more and more. The conspiracy theorist in me suspects this is because lots of mining rigs running Win10 don't bother activating it...  Roll Eyes

As an example I have the wallet in several places, only some get detected by the windows defender & deleted. - Others never get touched, so its kinda strange, but yeah it still sucks. ( Win10 )

The more I study this project the more I like it. Tell me, pls how can I participate in this project without investing personal funds?

Trezarcoin has a Use case thats called "TrezarFundMe" you can PM me and set up a project you would like to do for TZC. -> https://trezarcoin.com/TrezarFundMe

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

You have the usual options:

1) Invest
2) Mine
3) Join the community (Slack, Discord, etc.) and see how you can help out.

Since you seem to want to avoid investing funds, then you could try 2 & 3...
legendary
You missed a couple of things in this explanation for Windows users...

No its %appdata%/TrezarCoin, to be completely precise. Try it out and type %appdata% in your directory-search.

Huh, in all my years I never once tried the command "cd %appdata%" but it does, indeed, change to c:\users\\appdata\Roaming! I edited my post to correct my mistake.

Speaking of the new wallet, I see it still displays the same cryptic data on staking (# of inputs, # of coin days, # inputs min age, etc) rather than provide a more human-friendly estimate of the time (or range of time) to receive a block reward from PoS. Are there any plans to change this behavior, because PoS is a core feature of TZC, yet it seems to be treated like the proverbial red-headed stepchild?

I will take a look into this display "issue", shouldnt take too much time. But I think I wont do a pre-release of 0.13 for this display "fix". So it should be included into the next mature release.

Kindly regards,
ChekaZ

No its %appdata%/TrezarCoin, to be completely precise. Try it out and type %appdata% in your directory-search.

Huh, in all my years I never once tried the command "cd %appdata%" but it does, indeed, change to c:\users\\appdata\Roaming! I edited my post to correct my mistake.

Speaking of the new wallet, I see it still displays the same cryptic data on staking (# of inputs, # of coin days, # inputs min age, etc) rather than provide a more human-friendly estimate of the time (or range of time) to receive a block reward from PoS. Are there any plans to change this behavior, because PoS is a core feature of TZC, yet it seems to be treated like the proverbial red-headed stepchild?

I support the request to change the staking output to a most common way of doing it, i.e. estimate of the time needed to hit next stake.
Also, I would suggest adding the false-positive check to the standard process of wallet upgrade as to reduce the confusion by at least issuing a warning on the subject at the time of wallet upgrade release, if not by adapting the code a bit to avoid triggering recognition.
Activity: 420
Merit: 182

legendary
Yeah its now trying to get the information out of the %appdata%/TrezarCoin Folder instead of the /Data folder next to the trezarcoin-qt.exe. So you need to copy everything which is inside of your /Data folder into the %appdata%/TrezarCoin Folder.

You missed a couple of things in this explanation for Windows users. First is that the new TrezarCoin data folder is located under %appdata%\Roaming, not just %appdata%, and it is, of course, called TrezarCoin, rather than data. To speed things along, copy the existing data subdirectory to c:\users\%username%\appdata\ and then rename it TrezarCoin BEFORE running the new wallet program.

Second is that the new wallet is tagged as a trojan by Windows Defender (Fuery.a!cl) but this is almost certainly a false positive (or, I should say, it better be) so this file needs to be excluded from scanning. For those who have not done this before it's fairly simple but you have to dig deep. First open Windows Defender (either via Settings or the up-arrow in the right side of the tray), then click on the "Virus & Threat Protection" shield, then scroll down and click on "Virus & Threat Protection Settings," then scroll down and click on "Add or remove exclusions" to add the file or folder you want to exclude from scanning. Practically speaking, you'll likely have to add your Downloads folder to the exclusion list as well, even though that almost entirely defeats the purpose of having anti-virus software in the first place. M$ fails yet again, is all I can say.

Activity: 420
Merit: 182
Yeah its now trying to get the information out of the %appdata%/TrezarCoin Folder instead of the /Data folder next to the trezarcoin-qt.exe. So you need to copy everything which is inside of your /Data folder into the %appdata%/TrezarCoin Folder.

You missed a couple of things in this explanation for Windows users. First is that the new TrezarCoin data folder is located under %appdata%\Roaming, not just %appdata%, and it is, of course, called TrezarCoin, rather than data. To speed things along, copy the existing data subdirectory to c:\users\\appdata\Roaming\ and then rename it TrezarCoin BEFORE running the new wallet program.

Second is that the new wallet is tagged as a trojan by Windows Defender (Fuery.a!cl) but this is almost certainly a false positive (or, I should say, it better be) so this file needs to be excluded from scanning. For those who have not done this before it's fairly simple but you have to dig deep. First open Windows Defender (either via Settings or the up-arrow in the right side of the tray), then click on the "Virus & Threat Protection" shield, then scroll down and click on "Virus & Threat Protection Settings," then scroll down and click on "Add or remove exclusions" to add the file or folder you want to exclude from scanning. Practically speaking, you'll likely have to add your Downloads folder to the exclusion list as well, even though that almost entirely defeats the purpose of having anti-virus software in the first place. M$ fails yet again, is all I can say.

EDIT - I learned something new: "cd %appdata%" does, indeed, go to c:\users\\appdata\roaming, and not just the appdata parent directory! So I struck out the incorrect text above.
legendary
ChekaZ,

I swapped out the old wallet for the new one but the new one isn't finding my old wallet data.  I know it rebuilt the chain but did it completely wipe out my dat info as well?  I backed up the old wallet prior to the switch, do I have to drag that back to the appdata folder?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question in advance.

We added that to prevent wallet.dat losses, as it doesnt get "rebuilt" everytime you move your trezarcoin-qt.exe

Kindly regards,
ChekaZ
Updated bootstrap available for those that need it.
Same link as before, found in the nav for the website:

https://trezarcoin.com/bootstrap.dat
ChekaZ,

I swapped out the old wallet for the new one but the new one isn't finding my old wallet data.  I know it rebuilt the chain but did it completely wipe out my dat info as well?  I backed up the old wallet prior to the switch, do I have to drag that back to the appdata folder?

Based on my understanding of what you did, I would imagine you need to have the wallet(s) closed and copy the old one's data folder to the new location (/Data location changed to "%appdata%/TrezarCoin"). If I misunderstood, please feel free to clarify.

As always, please keep careful backups.

Good luck!
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
ChekaZ,

Since it is likely to be asked:

Important notice, this update is not a mandatory update.
It's an implementation of features which don't affect the "core-structure".
legendary
New Core-Upgrade is live! https://github.com/trezarcoin/trezarcoin/releases

Features:
-Typos fixxed from ORB -> TZC port
-IRC removed
-Stakecombine/Stakesplit raised to 5k/10k
-Config creation on first startup with all needed parameters/addnodes
-Watchonly address support
-Logo updated
-Atomic Swaps