Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 49. (Read 215672 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 310
Talk with Freicoin supporters, they have freiexchange.
Slimcoin was there listed for free.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
log is attached
2018-02-26 06:40:31 CommitTransaction() : Sending to mempool 52e014e1da50667ff002f752af173edc02ee9662443d1c9f6a401ee99acd848a
2018-02-26 06:40:31 ERROR: CheckTransaction() : txin < txout
2018-02-26 06:40:31 ERROR: AcceptToMemoryPool: : CheckTransaction failed
2018-02-26 06:40:31 CommitTransaction() : Error: Transaction not valid

eror is in bool CheckTransaction(const CTransaction& tx, CValidationState &state) in main.cpp, i put original code, transaction work well.
need some fix here.

thanks, I will look into it ASAP.
Activity: 9
Merit: 7
log is attached
2018-02-26 06:40:31 CommitTransaction() : Sending to mempool 52e014e1da50667ff002f752af173edc02ee9662443d1c9f6a401ee99acd848a
2018-02-26 06:40:31 ERROR: CheckTransaction() : txin < txout
2018-02-26 06:40:31 ERROR: AcceptToMemoryPool: : CheckTransaction failed
2018-02-26 06:40:31 CommitTransaction() : Error: Transaction not valid

eror is in bool CheckTransaction(const CTransaction& tx, CValidationState &state) in main.cpp, i put original code, transaction work well.
need some fix here.

Activity: 196
Merit: 15
Hi! How I Can verify on BX?Huh I' m not from Thailand! Huh Huh I like it coin but I can't trade. wtf

You can't trade in bx . Just thai citizen
You should wait for a new exchange.
Activity: 261
Merit: 101
Hi! How I Can verify on BX?Huh I' m not from Thailand! Huh Huh I like it coin but I can't trade. wtf
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
This was the main fix:

https://github.com/pallas1/Cryptonite/commit/0a7b26120146d16a03cf71c0f7848926471e7603

I'm not sure why that instruction was there, but it's just not needed and it breaks the target.
Thanks! I have now downloaded and re-synced Cryptonite with Debian Stretch. I get the warning about incompatible wallets if I build it with libdb5 or newer, but this seems like a minor issue as exporting private keys is always possible. Otherwise, it seems to work fine - but I haven't tried transactions still.

Imo Raiblocks/nano had this "advantage" of bitgrail'ed

Thanks, never had heard about Bitgrail. Just read that article about the theft/hack/whatever  - and it doesn't really boost my confidence in Raiblocks/Nano ...

But DPoS is quite good consensus nonetheless - it makes cryptocurrency really scalable, even if sacrificing some decentralization (pools aren't so decentralized either especially if farms of asics are mining).
In my opinion, a DPoS or similar BFT-based PoS system is not bad per se. If there are enough validators (at least 100), and even better if the number of possible validators is infinite (like in Tendermint), then the centralization (and thus, social-engineering-attack) risk is limited. But there is a possibly severe flaw that has to be taken into account - DPoS blockchains will stop working if more than 33% of the deisgned validators (also called "delegates" or "witnesses") go offline.
Activity: 773
Merit: 508
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now
As a side note, when this thing hits the fan it's not only most of these new projects that disappear, it will hit exchanges too.

That's probably what we should prepare for, especially because it's part of our core strategy anyways. After all, XCN's main feature is scalability, which is a way of avoiding *** from hitting the fans Smiley

xcn was way ahead for its time,  the true sleeping giant  Cheesy
Activity: 9
Merit: 7
Hi all.After many tests i do with new opennssl version, transactions is not work , old original version after fix opennssl work fine.
at original ./cryptonited sendtoaddress CPPrUQnobuqdPWJgsAFP2tq4ztMXZwCVem "0.0100000000ep" work fine, pallas version
error: {"code":-4,"message":"CommitTransaction() : Error: Transaction not valid\n"}.Other error what i see is  error: {"code":-1,"message":"boost::bad_get: failed value get using boost::get"}.Think need more fixed here.
Activity: 175
Merit: 113
As a side note, when this thing hits the fan it's not only most of these new projects that disappear, it will hit exchanges too.

That's probably what we should prepare for, especially because it's part of our core strategy anyways. After all, XCN's main feature is scalability, which is a way of avoiding *** from hitting the fans Smiley
legendary
Black Belt Developer
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

Just a random example of an average ICO from January, no idea if it's legit or not, this example is just to show people some numbers so that they could better understand the current financial situation of XCN.

This example ICO kept 28.6% of tokens themselves and did a pre + crowdsale where 71.4% of tokens were sold for 16,666 ETH in minutes.

According to their website:

50% (8,333 ETH) Trading reserve
14.2% (2,366 ETH) Development
10.4% (1,733 ETH) Operations
16.2% (2,700 ETH) Marketing ($2,160,000)
9.2% (1,533 ETH) Legal

It's pretty obvious they can easily pay some listing fees, trading competition bounties and lambo giveaways.

In this situation I see only two options left for XCN,

1/ Wait until this mania is over or,
2/ Launch an ICO  Grin

legendary
Black Belt Developer
how it was possible that they were so fast accepted in exchanges.
Premined + dev fund of 5% supply

You are answering yourself.
Activity: 882
Merit: 310
Thanks to d5000 we now have openssl 1.1 compatibility!
I just added a couple small fixes.
See github history.

People with recent distributions: please check that it compiles and runs fine.
A windows build check would also be much appreciated.
Hey, cool that you got it to run! What was the error? Only the fact that it hadn't synced? Strange ... I think I tried that and it didn't work for me ...

I'll try it myself in the next days so I can finally run Cryptonite on my main Linux distribution (it runs on another distribution on a separate partition with the old SSL version, but I rarely open that) ...

Regarding Nano (ex RaiBlocks) I don't regard it as a real competitor to Cryptonite. Nano uses DPoS, and thus a pretty centralized consensus model. The coin with most similarity (and thus maybe the possibly strongest competitor) is Ardor, which uses a very similar mini-blockchain concept for its child chains. But it's also a Proof of Stake coin, and PoS has some disadvantages regarding Proof of Work (mainly, it needs a little bit more trust because of the Nothing-at-stake problem, it's still not clear if that is significant for security).

And both coins were completely pre-mined, so a marketing campaign for Cryptonite should emphasize on that.

Imo Raiblocks/nano had this "advantage" of bitgrail'ed - whole pump in december was artificial just to bring more people to bitgrail, who can deposit xrb to cover the loss from october/november. It looks almost like mt.gox, if it wasn't for that it would still be likely around or below 1$. And I think in this bear market they will drop to this value again, or around it. It was just heavily shilled, and I cant believe, how it was possible that they were so fast accepted in exchanges. Premined + dev fund of 5% supply are a huge disadvantages. But DPoS is quite good consensus nonetheless - it makes cryptocurrency really scalable, even if sacrificing some decentralization (pools aren't so decentralized either especially if farms of asics are mining).
legendary
Black Belt Developer
This was the main fix:

https://github.com/pallas1/Cryptonite/commit/0a7b26120146d16a03cf71c0f7848926471e7603

I'm not sure why that instruction was there, but it's just not needed and it breaks the target.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
Thanks to d5000 we now have openssl 1.1 compatibility!
I just added a couple small fixes.
See github history.

People with recent distributions: please check that it compiles and runs fine.
A windows build check would also be much appreciated.
Hey, cool that you got it to run! What was the error? Only the fact that it hadn't synced? Strange ... I think I tried that and it didn't work for me ...

I'll try it myself in the next days so I can finally run Cryptonite on my main Linux distribution (it runs on another distribution on a separate partition with the old SSL version, but I rarely open that) ...

Regarding Nano (ex RaiBlocks) I don't regard it as a real competitor to Cryptonite. Nano uses DPoS, and thus a pretty centralized consensus model. The coin with most similarity (and thus maybe the possibly strongest competitor) is Ardor, which uses a very similar mini-blockchain concept for its child chains. But it's also a Proof of Stake coin, and PoS has some disadvantages regarding Proof of Work (mainly, it needs a little bit more trust because of the Nothing-at-stake problem, it's still not clear if that is significant for security).

And both coins were completely pre-mined, so a marketing campaign for Cryptonite should emphasize on that.
Activity: 773
Merit: 508
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now
problem with listing on exchanges is that either they require a big fee (1 BTC is low, often it's more like 5 or 10 BTC...) or a vast number of votes (much more than our current community can give).
the solution could be entering one of those new exchanges that are popping up every day, but that's risky because they may be a scam or simply they don't work (see coinsmarkets which we were listed into but never worked, and now totally broken).

SO

anyone knows a trusted new exchange with low fee?? :-)

crypto-bridge 1 BTC fee & coinexchange.io 1 BTC fee

coinexchange I just asked, it's 4 BTC.
crypto-bridge is the best choice so far, but before burning 1 BTC I'd wait another couple weeks and see if nova finally reopens.

hopefully nova comes back strong. With all the problems the small-medium size exchanges are having, nova has a real opportunity here.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
problem with listing on exchanges is that either they require a big fee (1 BTC is low, often it's more like 5 or 10 BTC...) or a vast number of votes (much more than our current community can give).
the solution could be entering one of those new exchanges that are popping up every day, but that's risky because they may be a scam or simply they don't work (see coinsmarkets which we were listed into but never worked, and now totally broken).

SO

crypto-bridge is the best choice so far, but before burning 1 BTC I'd wait another couple weeks and see if nova finally reopens.

Nova is the best deal, 0 fee for XCN and is a good exchange in my opinion. 1 BTC is still a lot of money... Still no news from AEX?

No news, but I think we can consider it gone.
Activity: 756
Merit: 579

SO

Nova is the best deal, 0 fee for XCN and is a good exchange in my opinion. 1 BTC is still a lot of money... Still no news from AEX?
legendary
Black Belt Developer

SO

Activity: 756
Merit: 579

SO

Pages:
Jump to: