Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 80. (Read 215666 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
where to check roadmap?
Activity: 175
Merit: 113
I believe it does that already. Don't think the limit is changeable though. It will reach at least one week into the past (http://cryptonite.info/wiki/index.php?title=Cycle_time). I've seen my wallets keep them for longer.

You can add -txindex 1 to keep blocks forever and turn your wallet into a "master" node.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
can it possibly do automatic trimming of old transactions?
through the parameters
Activity: 175
Merit: 113
In short:
blockchain is only needed to list old transaction details.
If you're not interested in that, you can prune the blocks.

The only thing that's not pruneable are the block headers (very small) which sign the highest block and the current account db state.
After a very long time, even the headers could be pruned because they only function as a history of spent work:
http://cryptonite.info/wiki/index.php?title=Proof_chain
That's the great thing about the mini blockchain. Finally something really scalable is around thanks to the Single Responsibiliy Principle in action (hello fellow programmers!) Smiley

Btw, I've just done a full node re-sync from scratch in under 20 minutes from LAN. That's with complete transaction history. CPU load was <70% per core (<20% 4core). Simply awesome!

Another thing about us going forward:
I'd like to see some GUI additions happen in the wallet. There are still some core features of the coin which aren't usable in GUI, like:
- change withdrawal limits
- multi-sig transaction

Especially the latter would be important because once that's easy & running, it would open up our path to become a base currency in the new BISQ exchange (trade FIAT <-> XCN directly).
maybe we can set up a bounty for it? All required knowledge is in the wiki.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
there are times when you may need the full blockchain; for example […] if you have troubles syncing for any reason.
Any idea what situations may cause such troubles with syncing that a full blockchain is needed?

With the new wallet, which is pretty stable and has fixed sync, it should be rarely needed.
One case for example is when you want to use an old wallet.dat on a new PC: if you sync normally, some data about the transactions you did on the old wallet won't be available. Hence the full snapshot need.
But that’s only for user’s convenience if I understand it correctly, right? The crucial data are stored in account tree. Or does the wallet also need the history data to function properly?

It works properly anyways: you just don't get access to some information in the wallet, but the balances are in the trie and will work normally.
Activity: 36
there are times when you may need the full blockchain; for example […] if you have troubles syncing for any reason.
Any idea what situations may cause such troubles with syncing that a full blockchain is needed?

With the new wallet, which is pretty stable and has fixed sync, it should be rarely needed.
One case for example is when you want to use an old wallet.dat on a new PC: if you sync normally, some data about the transactions you did on the old wallet won't be available. Hence the full snapshot need.
But that’s only for user’s convenience if I understand it correctly, right? The crucial data are stored in account tree. Or does the wallet also need the history data to function properly?
legendary
Black Belt Developer

Activity: 36
legendary
Black Belt Developer
wow, wow, wow. wtm says that xcn price is "to the moon" more then 2k. there we can sell it now?  Grin is there are some hidden exchanges?

Very similar to the glitch of the site WTM.
I tried manually to score stats in WTM and for some reason it is loaded very slowly. I think the reason is that!

Although, it would be very good to sell that kind of space price !!!  Grin

roll back to june and you could sell at 3k sat ;-)
Activity: 349
Merit: 184
wow, wow, wow. wtm says that xcn price is "to the moon" more then 2k. there we can sell it now?  Grin is there are some hidden exchanges?

Very similar to the glitch of the site WTM.
I tried manually to score stats in WTM and for some reason it is loaded very slowly. I think the reason is that!

Although, it would be very good to sell that kind of space price !!!  Grin
Activity: 4
For a couple of months I have been watching the following picture.
As soon as the complexity of the network falls below 100,000, Mr. 5-10 GH immediately comes and raises the complexity of the day above 300,000.
Further, the complexity slowly again in 4-6 days to 100,000. And again Mr. 5-10 GH come here. In general, do not give to mine properly!  Grin
try to catch moment. or suffer.  Grin
i looked at this too. about 2 times i catch the moment. about 5-8 hours. and all another time i spent at another coin. it` foolishly to mine that time.

It's very easy to catch the moment, when Mr. 10 GH hop in you in when he out you out.
Seem like Mr. 10 GH know exactly when the network diff will fall rapidly like currently on going, it's time to hop in. Wink
Activity: 2492
Merit: 761
legendary
Black Belt Developer
I'm testing a patch which will allow RPC calls without EP on the amounts.
But, we need to keep in mind why Catia did that in the first place.
The reason is that, on cryptonite, the amounts are unsigned 64 bits, while on bitcoin and most other altcoins, they are internally represented as signed 64 bits.
The "EP" was meant to sound an alarm bell on whoever is using the RPC calls (an exchange, for example) that he must be careful how he deals with that amount. Everyone is used to bitcoin, after all.
With small and round amounts there will be no difference, but big amounts may overflow and amounts with up to the last decimal digit may not match.
which option did you choose?
1 or 2 ?

Currently there is a new command line option: "-epamounts". If set to 0, it will use classic format.
pallas,
You can explain for what purposes in the source code there is a file TrieSync.cpp
and for what purposes need TrieSync::ApplyTransactions?
in fact, this function(TrieSync::ApplyTransactions) is not used, and duplicates
function TrieView::TempApply in TrieWiew.cpp...
Can You explain this? Huh

Activity: 40
Paytopia is a quick and easy place to purchase the features and services provided by Cryptopia
Special
Offer
NovaExchange Orphan Listing
2500000 DOT
NovaExchange orphans only, Listing subject to developer review
3 Base Markets
High Performance Trade Engine
Arbitrage Tools
Marketplace Integration

Cryptopia Exchange would like to welcome all Nova Exchange users and is offering half price listings for any coin on Nova Exchange not already listed on Cryptopia.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Paytopia

Working out at 2.2btc..
The reason is that, on cryptonite, the amounts are unsigned 64 bits, while on bitcoin and most other altcoins, they are internally represented as signed 64 bits.
The "EP" was meant to sound an alarm bell on whoever is using the RPC calls (an exchange, for example) that he must be careful how he deals with that amount. Everyone is used to bitcoin, after all.
With small and round amounts there will be no difference, but big amounts may overflow and amounts with up to the last decimal digit may not match.
which option did you choose?
1 or 2 ?
Activity: 2492
Merit: 761
As soon as the complexity of the network falls below 100,000, Mr. 5-10 GH immediately comes and raises the complexity of the day above 300,000.
Further, the complexity slowly again in 4-6 days to 100,000. And again Mr. 5-10 GH come here. In general, do not give to mine properly!  Grin
try to catch moment. or suffer.  Grin
i looked at this too. about 2 times i catch the moment. about 5-8 hours. and all another time i spent at another coin. it` foolishly to mine that time.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
legendary
Black Belt Developer

That happens on many coins; and we are not even on any multipool! :-D
Activity: 349
Merit: 184
Pages:
Jump to: