Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 84. (Read 215666 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 1
I wanted to share a discussion we had on slack recently.
It all started from the difficulty we are having of being listed on exchanges.
From an exchange integration point of view, Cryptonite is just like any other coin, except for the "extended precision" amounts.
Since they never tell us why xcn is not listed yet, we can't be sure that this is the problem, but it surely is something they must customize to support our coin.
What to do? Removing EP amounts and using standard 8 decimal numbers would make it downward incompatible, possibly breaking the services we already have, like nova exchange or the block explorer.
One possibility is adding a configuration option to disable extended precision amounts, so the exchanges can use the classic format, if they like.
It shouldn't be much work to do (developing such an option), BUT we must be sure that this doesn't bring any side effect.
Please share your opinions on the matter.
Give extended information about EP, at the moment during my experiments directly in the code I use uint64, and EP touches me only in the RPC or QT interfaces
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
I wanted to share a discussion we had on slack recently.
It all started from the difficulty we are having of being listed on exchanges.
From an exchange integration point of view, Cryptonite is just like any other coin, except for the "extended precision" amounts.
Since they never tell us why xcn is not listed yet, we can't be sure that this is the problem, but it surely is something they must customize to support our coin.
What to do? Removing EP amounts and using standard 8 decimal numbers would make it downward incompatible, possibly breaking the services we already have, like nova exchange or the block explorer.
One possibility is adding a configuration option to disable extended precision amounts, so the exchanges can use the classic format, if they like.
It shouldn't be much work to do (developing such an option), BUT we must be sure that this doesn't bring any side effect.
Please share your opinions on the matter.
Activity: 349
Merit: 184
can we sometimes make infopost, may be with snapshot?

as example:

Exchanges listed:
coin-exchange
Exchanges asked to be listed:
Yobit(till 02.10.17, waiting answer (last - 15.10.17))
Cryptopia(till 05.10.17, asks 9BTC for listing)
Poloniex(till 10.10.17, waiting answer)
Scrypt/Wallet problems:
15.10.17 fixed Wallet(new wallet in 1st post)

etc

It would be nice, man!!!  Grin
What do you think about the idea of creating a bot telegrams as frontend mining pool? So that this bot could create accounts, keep statistics and give out tasks and take shares from miners. I'm thinking about creating a pool but I'm afraid that my server is bogged down by DDoS attacks, so came up with this idea (to cover a pool node of servers Telegram)
i think bot may be interesting but later. pools is a good idea, there is now normally working pools.

An information with graph and statics about network and pool would be better.
Telegram bots support html5, there are no problems here
Activity: 396
Merit: 106
What do you think about the idea of creating a bot telegrams as frontend mining pool? So that this bot could create accounts, keep statistics and give out tasks and take shares from miners. I'm thinking about creating a pool but I'm afraid that my server is bogged down by DDoS attacks, so came up with this idea (to cover a pool node of servers Telegram)
i think bot may be interesting but later. pools is a good idea, there is now normally working pools.

An information with graph and statics about network and pool would be better.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 761
can we sometimes make infopost, may be with snapshot?

as example:

Exchanges listed:
coin-exchange
Exchanges asked to be listed:
Yobit(till 02.10.17, waiting answer (last - 15.10.17))
Cryptopia(till 05.10.17, asks 9BTC for listing)
Poloniex(till 10.10.17, waiting answer)
Scrypt/Wallet problems:
15.10.17 fixed Wallet(new wallet in 1st post)

etc
legendary
Black Belt Developer

I don't know about telegram bots, but I guess it will have a lot of overhead compared to a standard, C based stratum implementation. Will it be able to verify and record tens of share submissions a second?
https://core.telegram.org/mtproto
Here it is said that a multithreaded connection is used between the client and the telegram server

The application bot can be written and there are examples in c ++, for each unit mining you can have a separate dedicated connection to telegrams

And how much does the average miner generate shares\sec in cryptonite?

Depends on the stratum difficulty, which is set by the pool.

I don't know about telegram bots, but I guess it will have a lot of overhead compared to a standard, C based stratum implementation. Will it be able to verify and record tens of share submissions a second?
https://core.telegram.org/mtproto
Here it is said that a multithreaded connection is used between the client and the telegram server

The application bot can be written and there are examples in c ++, for each unit mining you can have a separate dedicated connection to telegrams

And how much does the average miner generate shares\sec in cryptonite?
legendary
Black Belt Developer

Activity: 2492
Merit: 761
Activity: 175
Merit: 113
@ gnasirator

I am very impressed by your efforts on behalf of this coin!  Shocked

Best of luck to you in your attempts to get XCN accepted as a base coin at Bisq.   Grin

Thanks! But it wasn't too much work, to be honest. If you look at the github commit from my earlier post, it was mostly copy&paste of some other alt coin's validator code and adjusting to our needs. Understanding what's going on there is what took the longest.

My motivation for all this is two-fold:
1. I want society to end up with fair, debt-free money (FIAT obviously isn't). And for that we need a similar coin to bitcoin, but truly scalable -> XCN. (Maybe with some more privacy features in the long run ...)
2. As XCN is my first crypto experience so far (I don't have any other coins), I'm hoping to make a little profit along the way by running a small miner (single gpu).
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Now something else:
What's going on with the explorer stats?
They read:
Coin supply:   364612601.651712 XCN
Unmined coins:   0.0000 XCN
Block Reward:   0.0000000000 XCN

Something is not right there.

I had a look at the coinbase account and it seems to be fine.
Probably an issue with the php code of the explorer itself, will need to look into it.
Activity: 527
Merit: 251
Quality Crypto Collector
@ gnasirator

I am very impressed by your efforts on behalf of this coin!  Shocked

Best of luck to you in your attempts to get XCN accepted as a base coin at Bisq.   Grin
Activity: 175
Merit: 113
Yes, especially as I think that we have a great candidate to become one of their base currencies. All we need for that is enough volume. That would surely boost us AND provide bisq with a great coin to handle lots and lots of txs. The combination seems ideal to me.

We'll see where it goes. I for my part have been doing some advertising over there. I hope the chinese pick up on it as that's a confirmed target market for bisq. The devs are currently looking into ways to get around the GFW and it seems like there are some to adjust their TOR implementation to be able to do so. That would boost bisq a lot and if we are on board by then, it should boost us too given our history of popularity over there.

here's a screenshot of the current bisq development build I just tested on my machine (as committed on github in official repo):
  Smiley
I think the next release is planned in about 2 weeks. I'll keep you all posted.
Once it goes live, we should add bisq to our list of exchanges and also promote the new exchange so our trading activities can start to grow again.

Now something else:
What's going on with the explorer stats?
They read:
Coin supply:   364612601.651712 XCN
Unmined coins:   0.0000 XCN
Block Reward:   0.0000000000 XCN

Something is not right there.
Activity: 527
Merit: 251
Quality Crypto Collector
good news but the problem with bisq is that it's not included in coinmarketcap

Neither is NovaExchange but XCN is traded there.

It would be a boost to be on Bisq.  (That actually sounds like a jingle   Grin)
Activity: 596
Merit: 500
What you just said is right. A team is needed, not just myself :-)
The past months I've done bug fixing, promotion, support...
What if someone starts to leverage me at least of promotion, and maybe exchanges? So I can focus on development?

right ,i see you are always working hardly , do you have any plan to develop other project ,i think i will follow you , thanks.
Activity: 299
Merit: 100
good news but the problem with bisq is that it's not included in coinmarketcap
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
So old coin, and now this heat, it is not easy, that the team has been working hard
Pages:
Jump to: