Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 83. (Read 215666 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Bter is shutting down and bx.in.th is rather tricky to use and register. No other exchanges are currently available?

Novaexchange
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
It might be worth it to ask Kucoin exchange if they would add xcn. I mean, they are going to list bbr...

Never heard of this exchange before, is it good? Where from?

It's new for me too, looks like they a trying to build some kind of multilingual exchange (including china, russia and tons of others) with fiat trading pairs too.

What really caught my eye was that bbr, it's in a way quite similar project to xcn, they lost their last exchange when bittrex kicked them out.
Activity: 391
Merit: 114
Bter is shutting down and bx.in.th is rather tricky to use and register. No other exchanges are currently available?
legendary
Black Belt Developer
It might be worth it to ask Kucoin exchange if they would add xcn. I mean, they are going to list bbr...

Never heard of this exchange before, is it good? Where from?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Yobit didn't say it explicitly, but it's clear that they won't list XCN.
Luckly, we can have our 0.1 BTC back.
What to do with it?

1) buy XCN and put into the fund; price rises
2) keep for future exchange listings, or any other service we may need

I'd say 1).
we have no exchanges, price is getting down. later it may rise. imho better keep it for exchanges now.

just so that people don't think there is no way to trade XCN: we are actually listed on Novaexchange.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 761
What to do with it?

I'd say 1).
we have no exchanges, price is getting down. later it may rise. imho better keep it for exchanges now.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Hi guys. I have not come here for a long time.
Why the price so much fell down ?

We've been delisted on BTC38 which was our primary market. Well, china was our primary market and you know how things went with exchanges there recently.
We are on novaexchange but the volume is too low, so we are trying to get the coin listed on some other exchange.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 757
NO WAR ! Glory to Ukraine !
Hi guys. I have not come here for a long time.
Why the price so much fell down ?
legendary
Black Belt Developer
What to do with it?

I'd say 1).
legendary
Black Belt Developer
it's true that the commandline option (or, better, conf option, or both) is less work for the exchange.
let's hear some more opinions then I'll start coding ;-)
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
pallas,
I think this option does not hurt, but you need to discuss with each exchange separately, because they may have already set up the parser EP Undecided

that's why I said it must be backward-compatible.

say an rpc call returns "balance":

"balance" : "10.1234567800ep"

we can simply add:

"balance_dp" : "10.12345678"

the old exchange will continue using "balance", the new one (not wanting to support EP) will just use "balance_dp".

on the RPC request parameters, we can detect the missing final "ep" and translate it to EP, so the rest of the wallet works as before.

situation number 1  your Exchange is new and never before add Cryptonite-

in your Exchange standard should call returns "balance": "10.12345678"
but Cryptonite return "balance" : "10.1234567800ep"
well your Exchange must convert this answer "balance": to "10.12345678" or to take "balance_dp" : "10.12345678"
for this (to take "balance_dp") the exchange will have to edit the exchange's code
 ::)I think the exchange will not agree to this

situation number 2  your Exchange is not new and have add Cryptonite before change

well your Exchange can converting this answer "balance": from "10.1234567800ep" to "10.12345678"
and Exchange will not have problems

situation number 3  your Exchange is not new and have add Cryptonite before change

but they still have problem witch converting "10.1234567800ep" to "10.12345678"
and they are not agree to change exchange's code especially for this coin....
well Exchange still have problems

if we are
add the -nonEP option
-nonEP = 0 return EP(default)
-nonEP = 1 return 53
-nonEP = 2 return 64
for situation number 1 your Exchange only need to change the daemon startup parameters(-nonEP = 1 return 53) and not to change exchange's code especially for this coin
for situation number 2 your Exchange have backwards-compatibility(-nonEP = 0 return EP(default) - return "balance" : "10.1234567800ep")
for situation number 3 your Exchange only need to change the daemon startup parameters(-nonEP = 1 return 53) and restart daemon and not to change exchange's code especially for this coin

future:

situation number 4  your Exchange is new and never before add Cryptonite and can work with full 2^64-

Exchange only need to change the daemon startup parameters(-nonEP = 2 return full 64) and not to change exchange's code especially for this coin
Activity: 175
Merit: 113

we can simply add:

the old exchange will continue using "balance", the new one (not wanting to support EP) will just use "balance_dp".

on the RPC request parameters, we can detect the missing final "ep" and translate it to EP, so the rest of the wallet works as before.

I like that and absolutely agree that this feature needs backwards-compatibility.
Any new feature usually does until the old way to do things becomes obsolete because everybody has moved on.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
pallas,
I think this option does not hurt, but you need to discuss with each exchange separately, because they may have already set up the parser EP Undecided

we can simply add:

pallas,
I wanted to share a discussion we had on slack recently.
It all started from the difficulty we are having of being listed on exchanges.
From an exchange integration point of view, Cryptonite is just like any other coin, except for the "extended precision" amounts.
Since they never tell us why xcn is not listed yet, we can't be sure that this is the problem, but it surely is something they must customize to support our coin.
What to do? Removing EP amounts and using standard 8 decimal numbers would make it downward incompatible, possibly breaking the services we already have, like nova exchange or the block explorer.
One possibility is adding a configuration option to disable extended precision amounts, so the exchanges can use the classic format, if they like.
It shouldn't be much work to do (developing such an option), BUT we must be sure that this doesn't bring any side effect.
Please share your opinions on the matter.
Give extended information about EP, at the moment during my experiments directly in the code I use uint64, and EP touches me only in the RPC or QT interfaces

http://cryptonite.info/wiki/index.php?title=Coinbase_account

http://cryptonite.info/wiki/index.php?title=Cryptonite_API

oooh swill here guys overdo it, implanted in the client that it was not worth it to implant ....  Grin Grin Grin I think it was necessary at the outset to make 64to53.CLI expansion especially for exchanges and pools...

ps can we clean the code for today from the EP and to create a simple extension of the 64to53.CLI?

Another idea could be to return both the EP and non-EP amounts; for the RPC requests, we could add support for both types. This way they won't need to change the config file, just look at the rpc response.
and, we can add the -nonEP option

I think so, even better would be, it is always easier to add a small parameter in the configuration file and have the desired result

if we return the amounts in two versions, they will have to build a separate parser

-nonEP = 0 return EP
-nonEP = 1 return 53
-nonEP = 2 return 64
legendary
Black Belt Developer
From an exchange integration point of view, Cryptonite is just like any other coin, except for the "extended precision" amounts.
Since they never tell us why xcn is not listed yet, we can't be sure that this is the problem, but it surely is something they must customize to support our coin.
What to do? Removing EP amounts and using standard 8 decimal numbers would make it downward incompatible, possibly breaking the services we already have, like nova exchange or the block explorer.
One possibility is adding a configuration option to disable extended precision amounts, so the exchanges can use the classic format, if they like.
It shouldn't be much work to do (developing such an option), BUT we must be sure that this doesn't bring any side effect.
Give extended information about EP, at the moment during my experiments directly in the code I use uint64, and EP touches me only in the RPC or QT interfaces

oooh swill here guys overdo it, implanted in the client that it was not worth it to implant ....  Grin Grin Grin I think it was necessary at the outset to make 64to53.CLI expansion especially for exchanges and pools...

ps can we clean the code for today from the EP and to create a simple extension of the 64to53.CLI?

Another idea could be to return both the EP and non-EP amounts; for the RPC requests, we could add support for both types. This way they won't need to change the config file, just look at the rpc response.

legendary
Black Belt Developer

Activity: 2492
Merit: 761
can u may snapshot/backup? to have opportunity to come back if smth will be wrong? ok,we`ll lost mined for 3-5-7 days, but if it can help with exchanges - it is ok, i think
Pages:
Jump to: