Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 91. (Read 215666 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Guys, should we make a slack poll for yobit listing (yes/no)?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Good day.
I have downloaded wallet from site (win binary), tried to synk, after donwnloading some blocks wallet says - some error, restart wallet needet, then wallet draw about 1 gb ram + 30 % cpu and get error.

The log file is about 500 Mbyte LOL ))

I can confirm this, I tried to sync from scratch with windows laptop that hasn't seen xcn before, after 20 minutes I got this:

Resyncing attemp crashes to MinGW Runtime Assertion error, log file is 583mb.

I will look into it with bitfreak.

Tried again with that same laptop and settings. Now it synced two times from scratch in 14 minutes without errors. Hmmm...

Activity: 175
Merit: 113
No Russia is not the problem. I'd just like to get XCN on the major exchanges because that's what it deserves.
But I guess for a start, any exchange is better than none.
legendary

Feel free to do it, good for xcn I guess. I just don't like this exchange first idea. But that is just poor me.

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Yeah, after reading this, I'm not so sure about yobit anymore, too:
http://satoshijournal.com/how-fair-is-yobit-exchange/

I think we want a legit exchange, especially for a start so others can rebuild trust in the coin.

Btw, could someone quickly post the regex rules for a valid XCN address, please? How are they made up?
Is this the algo being used? Or is it a leftover relic from the original BTC fork?
https://github.com/pallas1/Cryptonite/blob/master/src/qt/bitcoinaddressvalidator.cpp

yobit has a lot of scam coins.
i saw there 10.000+ gain on some coins.
but it has eth, etc, zec, dash, ltc, lsk, all major coins.
we will not  list a scam coin there. we will list xcn. if they will want to pump xcn, let them.
what is the problem? taking xcn from china to russia?
Yeah, after reading this, I'm not so sure about yobit anymore, too:
http://satoshijournal.com/how-fair-is-yobit-exchange/

I think we want a legit exchange, especially for a start so others can rebuild trust in the coin.

Btw, could someone quickly post the regex rules for a valid XCN address, please? How are they made up?
Is this the algo being used? Or is it a leftover relic from the original BTC fork?
https://github.com/pallas1/Cryptonite/blob/master/src/qt/bitcoinaddressvalidator.cpp
legendary
Yobit not supported here, sorry guys...
legendary
Black Belt Developer
BTC38 off the XCN this XCN circulation is a huge blow
Does the XCN team have any new development routes?
Increase the flow of XCN Sad

Fixing the exchanges situation is highest priority, that's for sure.
Most of our volume was on Chinese exchanges, we have been hurt by the new regulations and will be recovering soon.
Activity: 154
0x3a730F3323481De284C92Ad82764D095f188B41b
BTC38 off the XCN this XCN circulation is a huge blow
Does the XCN team have any new development routes?
Increase the flow of XCN Sad
Activity: 140
yes, yobit is a possibility.
unfortunately funds aren't enough even for that, but I don't see people donating any longer.
I may pay for it myself, eventually.

I will donate 1/5 of funds required, 0.02btc.
Anyone else? 4 more required to get listed on yobit.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
yes, yobit is a possibility.
unfortunately funds aren't enough even for that, but I don't see people donating any longer.
I may pay for it myself, eventually.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
True: we are indeed working to have a better exchanges situation.
Ideas welcome: any good exchange we don't know, any contact to have a better addcoin experience, funds to help getting listed, etc.

Yo?

Yobit:

https://yobit.net/en/addcoin/

To add a new coin to Yobit please you need to fill out the form below.
Payment method: YobiCode
Listing type:
• Free - 0.00 btc - no guarantee
• Premium - 0.1 btc - 4-7 business days (no guarantee in case of compilation issues)
• Exclusive - 0.5 btc - 2-3 business days (no guarantee in case of compilation issues)
Here's a nice article about the situation of exchanges vs governments:
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/how-decentralized-exchanges-make-bitcoin-more-resilient-and-us-more-free/
In that regard, let's focus on decentralized ones but not neglect the normal ones (for now)! Smiley

With regards to AMD miners:
I'm still super keen to make one. I have done some experimenting with OpenCL and got a small test program working on my GPU. But I have zero experience with programming coins/wallets and would first have to get to know our wallet code PLUS transfer the CUDA kernels to OpenCL which I also have no experience in.
But I'm keen on learning it.
If someone else is interested in doing it and if he's somewhere close to AUS time, I'd be keen to take it on together. OPenCL in itself is really interesting and I think has lots of potential for the future. Heterogenous computing!
legendary
Black Belt Developer
I don't know how a fork could benefit the coin? You'd only need it for major rule changes for which I don't see a reason atm.
It might be nice to somehow speed up the diff adjustment on its way down. But then Mr 10GH simply comes back faster I guess...

So the only protection against him doing diff pump&dump is to get the coin more popular so his 10GH don't have much impact anymore.
And for that we need exchanges because the initial value for every coin is in speculation / trading based on its innovations and potential for the future.

Agreed, but if it at some point for some reason needs to be forked diff retargeting should be on the todo list.

Open source amd miner would help a lot, there's plenty of hashing power looking for a new home right now.

That's true: all my attempts to have claymore release his miner have failed. There is a bounty, though. I guess that, if we manage to enter a bigger exchange, the interest will raise and a miner developer will likely come to get the bounty.
legendary
I don't know how a fork could benefit the coin? You'd only need it for major rule changes for which I don't see a reason atm.
It might be nice to somehow speed up the diff adjustment on its way down. But then Mr 10GH simply comes back faster I guess...

So the only protection against him doing diff pump&dump is to get the coin more popular so his 10GH don't have much impact anymore.
And for that we need exchanges because the initial value for every coin is in speculation / trading based on its innovations and potential for the future.

Agreed, but if it at some point for some reason needs to be forked diff retargeting should be on the todo list.

Open source amd miner would help a lot, there's plenty of hashing power looking for a new home right now.
legendary
Black Belt Developer

True: we are indeed working to have a better exchanges situation.
Ideas welcome: any good exchange we don't know, any contact to have a better addcoin experience, funds to help getting listed, etc.

This is the fund address: CP6uhgcDnXzdgQhnz2q1xhSFMFinmqkQkh

Promotion will follow.
Activity: 546
Merit: 137
What a F... with NovaExchange Huh I can't trade here...(in any browsers, and any internet)...

http://prntscr.com/gqfkax

My balance not appeared and I don't see orders and history. But, if I go to wallet, balances are good.  Angry

Try another browser, EDGE for exemple is not working with chrome all the time. Or just use Tor.

legendary
The info from whattomine is inaccurate

Take current difficulty from your node, block explorer or suprnova. Edit whattomine with that number and you get the idea.

imo, we need a hardfork. Not sure if that would help but at least it would be cool. I mean, all the big boys are doing it all the time (:

edit: and change that pool fee too.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Quote from: pallas link=topic=1801595.msg22251073#msg22251073 date=150644857

I will look into it with bitfreak.
[/quote

Pallas, tell me please, what is current formula for difficulty / coins per day for XCN through hash rate / network rate? 
The info from whattomine is inaccurate
Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: