Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 87. (Read 215666 times)

Activity: 2492
Merit: 761
is smth new from yobit?
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
What does the text in Russian means?

6 days behind...

does it go ahead, albeit slowly, or is it just stuck?
could you please post a snippet of debug.log to better see what's going on?
Activity: 349
Merit: 184

6 days behind...
legendary
Black Belt Developer
my wallet hangs on this one (i downloaded the lastest snapshot)  Huh
http://prntscr.com/gwk6tr

my wallet hangs on this one (i downloaded the lastest snapshot)  Huh
http://prntscr.com/gwk6tr
Activity: 460
Merit: 250
Pallas, deleting old transactions from the oldblock node localbase occurs only when running with the -prune tag? if node always on uptime miniblockchaine not work? not delete?

Mini-blockchain by default doesn't delete old block data (including transactions). That's by design: we want to be sure all the information about the wallet transactions is not lost.

That is, you are not sure about the mini block technology? and can you describe the possible risks? They(risks) fully understood?

What do you mean by "you are not sure about the mini block technology?"?
And what kind of risks are you asking about: technical ones like loosing coins and the like? If that's the question, I think the answer lies in the almost 4 years of the coin history, and still working and rocking!

Yes, I see that everything is working and swinging  Smiley , but you say that the deletion is disabled for a full node so that transactions are not lost, it means if you enable deletion on all full nodes by default, then there will be possible risks of transaction loss, so I ask you about these risks have a technical description of such situations? situations of loss of transactions?

In the case you are describing, the transactions are not lost, they are saved in the wallet database, and on the account balance sheet (as a final amount). And in the nodes who have a long enough blockchain, of course.
What you loose is the ability to see the transaction details. That is, they are shown with a question mark on the gui wallet. If you download a blockchain snapshot, that will be fixed, but you also get a big datadir as a side effect.
I think that the current default makes the most sense, but of course it is open for discussion.
it's just a matter of the design of the design of the wallet and these transaction losses do not affect the balances? why not then design the database of transactions in the wallet, for example, in some way delete these old transactions, not only from the old blocks but also from the wallet database? We have a miniblock protocol, it should logically lead to a mini-wallet protocol?

PS sorry for my english Smiley google translate.....

While I tend to agree with you, I also think that people would get confused if they don't find their old transactions.

on the transactions tab, just add an announcement - Transactions in the last 7 days  Grin
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Pallas, deleting old transactions from the oldblock node localbase occurs only when running with the -prune tag? if node always on uptime miniblockchaine not work? not delete?

Mini-blockchain by default doesn't delete old block data (including transactions). That's by design: we want to be sure all the information about the wallet transactions is not lost.

That is, you are not sure about the mini block technology? and can you describe the possible risks? They(risks) fully understood?

And what kind of risks are you asking about: technical ones like loosing coins and the like? If that's the question, I think the answer lies in the almost 4 years of the coin history, and still working and rocking!

Yes, I see that everything is working and swinging  Smiley , but you say that the deletion is disabled for a full node so that transactions are not lost, it means if you enable deletion on all full nodes by default, then there will be possible risks of transaction loss, so I ask you about these risks have a technical description of such situations? situations of loss of transactions?

In the case you are describing, the transactions are not lost, they are saved in the wallet database, and on the account balance sheet (as a final amount). And in the nodes who have a long enough blockchain, of course.
What you loose is the ability to see the transaction details. That is, they are shown with a question mark on the gui wallet. If you download a blockchain snapshot, that will be fixed, but you also get a big datadir as a side effect.
I think that the current default makes the most sense, but of course it is open for discussion.
it's just a matter of the design of the design of the wallet and these transaction losses do not affect the balances? why not then design the database of transactions in the wallet, for example, in some way delete these old transactions, not only from the old blocks but also from the wallet database? We have a miniblock protocol, it should logically lead to a mini-wallet protocol?

While I tend to agree with you, I also think that people would get confused if they don't find their old transactions.

Cool in the address book added a new tab p2p Exchange, this tab will add all requests for the purchase of coins.
The Name field is the amount that they want to buy, the Balance field is how much is already purchased, when the Balance is greater or equal to the field Name the entry is deleted from the address book.

legendary
Black Belt Developer

Yes, I see that everything is working and swinging  Smiley , but you say that the deletion is disabled for a full node so that transactions are not lost, it means if you enable deletion on all full nodes by default, then there will be possible risks of transaction loss, so I ask you about these risks have you a technical description of such situations? situations of loss of transactions?
legendary
Black Belt Developer

legendary
Black Belt Developer

legendary
Black Belt Developer
So will this coin on the YoBit  Huh
It's been almost a week since it was announced about adding it to the YoBit.

No news from them: I will open a ticket ASAP.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Pallas, if I send coins to the coinbase address then the coinbase balance increases and the reward for the block increases?

Nobody ever tried it, but I think it would work as you are suggesting.
I tried and I succeeded, balance the public key 0 (coinbase) increased, it's funny, you can burn the coins to redistribute their descendants

Yes, it's a side effect of the coinbase account I never though of :-)
It may be considered a feature by itself, and we could even play a bit of marketing on it...

Could you ask btc38 to send any of those "excess" coins to the coinbase account to keep them off market?

I guess we could try asking, it won't hurt.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Pallas, if I send coins to the coinbase address then the coinbase balance increases and the reward for the block increases?

Nobody ever tried it, but I think it would work as you are suggesting.
I tried and I succeeded, balance the public key 0 (coinbase) increased, it's funny, you can burn the coins to redistribute their descendants

Yes, it's a side effect of the coinbase account I never though of :-)
It may be considered a feature by itself, and we could even play a bit of marketing on it...

Could you ask btc38 to send any of those "excess" coins to the coinbase account to keep them off market?
So will this coin on the YoBit  Huh
It's been almost a week since it was announced about adding it to the YoBit.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I've sent ticket to bter asking them to add XCN on the replacement exchange gate.io.

Bter was always a good exchange for XCN, we need to keep xcn on the new bter, gate.io

So, anyone else having account on bter, send ticket and ask to add xcn to gate.io

I think if they see a lot of demands, they will add it.

We have lost btc38 exchange, let's not loose bter too.
Pages:
Jump to: