Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 357. (Read 775150 times)

R3x
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
thanks, buying xrb is cheap and better than faucet claiming, but only two exchanger
why??
Activity: 434
Merit: 254
Hey devs please bring back the 30 claims per minute rule it was making things so much so much better Smiley
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
Grin Grin Grin We need more investors not claimers

I think it will come when half of the coins are claimed but right now we are in the period of claiming as many as we can but you are right we need more investors but there's already a lot of investors and those are the people who cannot claim
Activity: 518
Merit: 252
My bad, just assumed it was a passphrase you made . Poster above cleared it up for me  Grin, didnt know it could be locked without a passphrase myself. Learn something new everyday
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
My wallet has a orange "Status: Wallet locked, Block 1867667"
Any idea what it means? Does it still work or my wallet is lock for some reaosn

it just means that you cant send out coins as it is currently encrypted. afaik if it is still open then it will be synced up but yeah you cant send out coins. I imagine you put a passphrase on it recently? You can unlock it by going to settings typing in your passphrase then hit unlock. To answer your question though , yes wallet still functions and works but not fully as again you cannot send out coins.

You sure?
I was able to send coins. I didn't set a passphrase on it or password on it yet.
Activity: 518
Merit: 252

it just means that you cant send out coins as it is currently encrypted. afaik if it is still open then it will be synced up but yeah you cant send out coins. I imagine you put a passphrase on it recently? You can unlock it by going to settings typing in your passphrase then hit unlock. To answer your question though , yes wallet still functions and works but not fully as again you cannot send out coins.

Activity: 64
Activity: 110
770.867 claims/s   3,055 claiming, if claiming is fixed to 2000 maybe Threshold will be low

GO

AWAY

PAJEET

BEGGAR

I would suggest refraining from discriminating against claimers. Without claimers help distribute RaiBlocks, no one would be able to use RaiBlocks.

What needs to be done is adjusting the claiming mechanism, not eliminating diligent claimers.

Claimers actually contribute very little to the value of this project.
What most claimers do, is solving captchas. Solving captchas doesn't help the project.
They are working to make a living. This is perfectly fine.

Unfortunately, many of those claimers only see their own profit and want to increase it, proposing all kind of new claiming mechanisms that fit their needs.
The current claiming method is perfectly fine to get its job done.
A fair distribution of this coin.
Time is Raiblocks

We must keep in mind, that the dev actually gives away his coins to many people as a gift.
This is a wonderful thing to do as it enables many full time claimers to make a living out of this.

Yet, many claimers only want to increase their profit, independent of what RaiBlocks is. They are using the faucet that yields most profit.
By spamming their questions, which have all been answered many times, they steal precious development time.
This is the contrary of contributing to the project.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
770.867 claims/s   3,055 claiming, if claiming is fixed to 2000 maybe Threshold will be low

GO

AWAY

PAJEET

BEGGAR

I would suggest refraining from discriminating against claimers. Without claimers help distribute RaiBlocks, no one would be able to use RaiBlocks.

What needs to be done is adjusting the claiming mechanism, not eliminating diligent claimers.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
good idea found it in slack

1. Lower total supply to 100-120 millions ( now 340), distirbuted 87 millions.
2. Make distirbution 1 week in month
3. Make donations for devs fixed.

New model - about 25 millions coins will be left for distirbution, every month for one week faucet season will open. Daily distirbution amount when season starts around 100k-120k coins (lowering total supply about 3 times - lowering daily payout by 3). So you will get same total distirbution time.

Problems that will be solved:
No more beggars that think this is a day job.
More time for coin development, instead of managing faucet 24/7.

We need discussion about this, in raiblocks we trust )
R3x
Where can I buy XRB? .thanks in advance
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

GO

AWAY

PAJEET

BEGGAR

People are greedy, they want profit for small effort. We just need to hold XRB for like 2 years Smiley Wait a bit and you're rich Smiley
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

GO

AWAY

PAJEET

BEGGAR
R3x
Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Max. tx/s >no fix limit (?)>no fix limit (~700)>~7tx/s (1MB block size limit)

How did you arrive at the number 700/s for raiblocks?

This was the number that was mentionned by the main developer, Colin, when he was asked to estimate how many transactions could actually be processed by the current network.
The conversation dates at least half a year.

For IOTA, I read a number of 183tx/s and it was mentionned that 112tx/s were already confirmed. However I didn't double check these claims either.
Does IOTA have total transaction count somewhere in explorer?
Activity: 110

This was the number that was mentionned by the main developer, Colin, when he was asked to estimate how many transactions could actually be processed by the current network.
The conversation dates at least half a year.

For IOTA, I read a number of 183tx/s and it was mentionned that 112tx/s were already confirmed. However I didn't double check these claims either.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Due to find an agreement between development team and community the claim mode has been simplified so:

1- Normal: you get 1 claim for each succesfully captcha
2- Help devs: you get 1 claim for each succesfully captcha and donate 0.1 claim to devs.

No more incentive if you donate to developers.

I support this change. Fairer now, hopefully people still donate

too many fucking beggars in this coin.

Too many issues combined with all the third world rats who think that the XRB dev owes them a fucking living.

threshold  go up and up and xrb go down what is this ? suppor this coin it becomes so difficult

the irony is palpable lol Cheesy
Jump to: