Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon - page 3. (Read 137409 times)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Is Bitmain's Pool the fairest in town? Of course it's the simplest solution to get up and running essentially out-of-the box once you have a Bitmain account (which you obviously do) - but is the concensus that we are happy with their Pool? I'm looking around for any opinions. Also is Solo mining worthwhile in any predictable manner with only 3 miners?

Thank you L3+ thread!

Also now looking for some clarification on the "rejected" and "discarded" shares - which matters most? This brand new December shipped  unit has been running for an hour on Bitmain's pool, and already has 3 rejected and 1304 rejected shares. Any knowledge on what to do to correct this would be appreciated. Thanks again
Activity: 600
Merit: 501
Expensive electricity? Hot weather? Too noisy? No room to place miners? Expensive VAT and customs? Dont want to wait till miners are delivered?

With this service you have it all covered

Your miners are stocked in our Datacenter.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-antminer-a3-l3-psus-hosting-all-in-service-2314612
Anyone else getting spotty performance (shutdowns until unit cools) from APW3++ power supplies split between 2 L3+?

had a couple fail in temperatures that are well within operating spec of the unit.

As I wrote few minutes ago - my miners works weird and I had to restart them often. Now I made changes in electricity much better - invested thousands of dolars (cos of more miners I do have) and everything is good again.

Temperatures on my miners are around 60°C max - I do have a datacenter well cooled.
I do have some unlucky Antminers here Smiley
This is another my L3+ - never overclocked. Does anybody know what does that mean?
The temperatures there are not right, minutes before this happens there is max 60°C

After restart all good for a while:

This might happen from time to time. Today I got a notification that one of my miners was offline. All chips were xxxxx

This can happen if you got a change in your voltage or if you move the miner/turn it over. The smallest movement might result in a shutdown

Thanks, I have made electrical updates and now everything works well.
I had to add another filters etc.
Activity: 430
Merit: 253
VeganAcademy
Anyone else getting spotty performance (shutdowns until unit cools) from APW3++ power supplies split between 2 L3+?

had a couple fail in temperatures that are well within operating spec of the unit.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur
This is another my L3+ - never overclocked. Does anybody know what does that mean?
The temperatures there are not right, minutes before this happens there is max 60°C

This might happen from time to time. Today I got a notification that one of my miners was offline. All chips were xxxxx

This can happen if you got a change in your voltage or if you move the miner/turn it over. The smallest movement might result in a shutdown

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Is it worth to get one or more of these atm, how fast will I get my investment back?

im also Curious
Activity: 826
Merit: 103
Is it worth to get one or more of these atm, how fast will I get my investment back?
Activity: 434
Gosh this price drop in scrypt coins could not have come at a worst time for the buyers of the L3. Hopefully coin prices go up soon or there are going to be a lot of people dumping these on the market. There is already a bunch showing up on Ebay. I am praying things get better.

The people that dump their miners as soon as the market takes a dip are the ones that lose money. When people sell their miners the difficulty drops. When the difficulty drops it remains profitable to mine even with the lowered coin prices. Or if you truly believe in the currency, you hold onto what you mine to sell at a later date when the price rebounds, and take advantage of the lower difficulty. 
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
Gosh this price drop in scrypt coins could not have come at a worst time for the buyers of the L3. Hopefully coin prices go up soon or there are going to be a lot of people dumping these on the market. There is already a bunch showing up on Ebay. I am praying things get better.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
*starts humming*
the Ant, the Ant, the ant is on fire
We don't need no HashBoards let the MotherFucker burn
Burn MotherFucker burn

SCNR  Grin

LOL, BHG
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
*starts humming*
the Ant, the Ant, the ant is on fire
We don't need no HashBoards let the MotherFucker burn
Burn MotherFucker burn

SCNR  Grin
SO...and now what?

Seems like one of the hashingboard is gone - looks like only 12 of 72 chips are gone but the hashrate on pools shows exactly 3/4 of the original hashrate.

Anybody to repair this board?
Any other suggestions?

Unfortunately I have more than my share of experience. 

What happens if you power cycle the miner.  Does the board show the same status?

If the board has an issue there is some good news and some bad news.  Which do you want first? LOL

Also no changes after restart.
I had changed the frequency to  default but also no help.
This is going to be my test miner and I will I will try maximum freq till it burns.
SO...and now what?

Seems like one of the hashingboard is gone - looks like only 12 of 72 chips are gone but the hashrate on pools shows exactly 3/4 of the original hashrate.

Any other suggestions?

I would have said you run it until it breaks completely and get a new one from bit main but you overclocked it. Don't know if they repair it. At least its out of warranty now.

You might want to change the order of the boards. I was told that might help sometimes.

I will try to change the order but don't have much expectations...
Activity: 490
Merit: 105
The good I guess;-)
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
SO...and now what?

Any other suggestions?

Unfortunately I have more than my share of experience. 

What happens if you power cycle the miner.  Does the board show the same status?

If the board has an issue there is some good news and some bad news.  Which do you want first? LOL

Activity: 420
Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur
SO...and now what?

Any other suggestions?

I would have said you run it until it breaks completely and get a new one from bit main but you overclocked it. Don't know if they repair it. At least its out of warranty now.

You might want to change the order of the boards. I was told that might help sometimes.
SO...and now what?

Any other suggestions?
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
What is the best place to buy these from now that the dust has settled?  Cool

And what am I paying? When would I get it delivered? Shocked

Bitmain moved on to the L3+ and didn't offer the L3 outside of the market in China.  Best place to buy an L3+ is Bitmain if you can catch a pre-order batch.
Pages:
Jump to: