Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 165. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
got my third new ant today ..

i have four ants hashing in my ant farm now ..

i tried to oc one the new ones and was only able to oc this one to 375 instead of 400 like i did the first one i have ..

these are in a cool air conditioned datacenter room kept at 60 degrees ..

my corsair platinum power supply does not like oc ants for some reason it keeps tripping its safety @400 ..

maybe there a setting in the platinum to adjust the tripping safety ..

i really havent spent alot time troubleshooting though yet ... i will try @375 next .

corsair rm gold psu's love oc'ed ants .. no trouble from them yet .

Hi aztec, which Corsair RM supplies are you using? 

I have four block erupter cubes happily hashing on an RM1000 (3 normal, 1 oc'd).  Just curious.

Cheers,

Cool
Activity: 674
Merit: 500
What are the dimensions of the stock Antminer fan so I know what size fan I have to replace it with?
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Cryptomancer
The price of AntMiners is falling faster than one could mine with them.  I bought four yesterday at 1.4, today they are 1.37.  At current difficulty one could only mine 0.0237 per day, so it's more profitable to wait until the prices stop dropping than to buy.

AntMiner price is dropping even when BTC/USD is rising.  Any ideas what they are basing the pricing on?
Activity: 635
"The Declaration For The Customs: Reasonable Value Declaration is for EU customers."

But why only to EU?

Why not worldwide?

So we're in EU sucked up..... while in other countries they get with 130$ invoice.

That's fair.

I like this miner but I really don't understand this.

Could you explain Bitmain?
Activity: 434
Those are much lower CFM than the original ones (as are most if not all "silent" fans). I wouldn't recommend as a replacement but as a second fan should be fine. (I didn't see the earlier context.)

Ahh ok. I remembered I had a fan bookmarked if I ever needed one but didn't compare the CFMs. Sorry. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I've not used it myself but I've seen this fan highly recommended before.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553005

Those are much lower CFM than the original ones (as are most if not all "silent" fans). I wouldn't recommend as a replacement but as a second fan should be fine. (I didn't see the earlier context.)

These have to be the cheapest fans ever.  Googling FXDS brings up nothing.  Why does Bitmain make a relatively expensive product and include such a lousy fan?

I've not used it myself but I've seen this fan highly recommended before.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553005
These have to be the cheapest fans ever.  Googling FXDS brings up nothing.  Why does Bitmain make a relatively expensive product and include such a lousy fan?
Activity: 406
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039
How about people pay the proper customs and obey their local laws?

Why not. im paying 25% from my wages toward tax bag, im paying 300gbp every year in road tax, im paying duty in overpriced fuel. im paying tax on alcohol, vat on mobile, vat on internet etc. why not pay full price for miners. Why not!
How about people pay the proper customs and obey their local laws?
legendary
From Bitmain website:

The Declaration For The Customs: Reasonable Value Declaration is for EU customers.

I am guessing we are screwed from now on  Undecided

I would wait for statement from bitmain if thats the case.

It would suck big time to pay 1.35BTC for miner and another 100Gbp for customs
Can anyone confirm 100% the Antminer's fan wires are NOT supposed to look like this?

How could this happen randomly while the fan is humming along smoothly?  Nobody pulled the wires out.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
From Bitmain website:

The Declaration For The Customs: Reasonable Value Declaration is for EU customers.

I am guessing we are screwed from now on  Undecided
legendary
dont blame shipper for customs duty and tax

Well, turns out i have to pay 170,36€ PER miner with DHL.
UPS only asks me about 26€.

A total of +3000€ extra to pay, nice way to ROI.  Angry

Last order EVER directly trough bitmain, that's for sure.

Did you bought more than 15 miners?

Why 3000euro?
And bitmain cant be responsible over custom charges.

It looks like the fan on one of my Antminers has died.  I've tried two power supplies, and it's been in my unheated garage so a fan is barely even required.  Only had it about two weeks

Has anyone else's fan died?

Fan is PWM, so if the miner is cold it will not spin.

Brought the Antminer into room temp, fan still won't spin
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
It looks like the fan on one of my Antminers has died.  I've tried two power supplies, and it's been in my unheated garage so a fan is barely even required.  Only had it about two weeks

I have had a few fans die, its rare but seems to be the most common fault.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
i put akasa viper is perfect
Activity: 812
Merit: 502

Fan is PWM, so if the miner is cold it will not spin.

Jump to: