Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 163. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
hmm just looking for a miner can hook psu and set mining software and go don't know about switches, jump wires etc. that why i asked thankyou

Minersource sells PSU jumpers and some PSU's that don't even need a jumper, and bundles have the jumper with them.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
hmm just looking for a miner can hook psu and set mining software and go don't know about switches, jump wires etc. that why i asked thankyou

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
i'm wondering if i purchase this miner do i also need to physically make adjustments to the wiring/hardware ty

Like what adjustments  Huh   Get a Corsair CX600 PSU, a switch (or wire) to fool the PSU & an Ethernet cable,hook to your router & mine away  Cheesy  If you have a simple network,modem-->router-->PC,easy stuff  Cool

http://www.overclock.net/t/96712/how-to-jump-start-a-power-supply-psu-test-a-power-supply-and-components

Or from Cablez :

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
i'm wondering if i purchase this miner do i also need to physically make adjustments to the wiring/hardware ty

Activity: 674
What mining calculator do you guys use that shows you not only USD earned over time but Bitcoins earned over time?  Also what is a reasonable % difficulty jump to enter into at http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php ?  Isn't 30% a bit high?

You can try using this one and adjust the difficulty(20%):

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

You should be able to alternate between BTC and USD here.

That calculator doesn't seem to show total bitcoin earned over time.  All it shows is some confusing "profit" table which doesn't make sense to me.
Activity: 742
whats new in the latest (feb 7th) firware update? no changes are posted to the github readme to say.

The only difference I noticed was a newer version of cgminer. I didn't notice any difference in mining performance or stability after upgrading to the Feb 7th firmware.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
whats new in the latest (feb 7th) firware update? no changes are posted to the github readme to say.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
What mining calculator do you guys use that shows you not only USD earned over time but Bitcoins earned over time?  Also what is a reasonable % difficulty jump to enter into at http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php ?  Isn't 30% a bit high?

You can try using this one and adjust the difficulty(20%):

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

You should be able to alternate between BTC and USD here.
Activity: 674
What mining calculator do you guys use that shows you not only USD earned over time but Bitcoins earned over time?  Also what is a reasonable % difficulty jump to enter into at http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php ?  Isn't 30% a bit high?
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
How about people pay the proper customs and obey their local laws?

Why not. im paying 25% from my wages toward tax bag, im paying 300gbp every year in road tax, im paying duty in overpriced fuel. im paying tax on alcohol, vat on mobile, vat on internet etc. why not pay full price for miners. Why not!

Why not. Give up your passport, say bye  and move to Africa - Zimbabwe. Roads may have bumbs and electricity.. meh maybe. But no vat.

Bitmain is only playing fair declaring real value.

OK, first let me say that avoiding tax is not a good thing, because as much as we don't like our hard earned money being spent by someone else, it does help your country even by a little bit.

That being said....
Why shouldn't I enjoy the fruits of my labor?
Why should someone else take 3/4 of it?

Not to mention s1lverbox is bitching about tax in the UK which also gets you free health care, social welfare (unemployment and such), subsidized education(even with fee's) full time police, fire (even the US has volunteer departments out of the cities) and ambulance services etc etc.

Death and taxes are the only two things you can guarantee in life, get used to it.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

Why not. im paying 25% from my wages toward tax bag, im paying 300gbp every year in road tax, im paying duty in overpriced fuel. im paying tax on alcohol, vat on mobile, vat on internet etc. why not pay full price for miners. Why not!

Why not. Give up your passport, say bye  and move to Africa - Zimbabwe. Roads may have bumbs and electricity.. meh maybe. But no vat.

OK, first let me say that avoiding tax is not a good thing, because as much as we don't like our hard earned money being spent by someone else, it does help your country even by a little bit.

That being said....
Why shouldn't I enjoy the fruits of my labor?
Why should someone else take 3/4 of it?

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

Activity: 49
Customs issues are not BITMAINS fault. If your shipment was lost you can only claim the declared value. What is annoying is when sodding UPS turn up with a large bill and expect cash! how about a card machine for the driver or a website i could of paid on like the post office? Instead they have a phone number that can't find your shipment. After 10 mins on hold i had to hang up as the driver had been standing around and i had probably knackered up his route.

Activity: 130
Merit: 100
Hey guys, what is the recommended difficulty setting for a antminer s1 worker on btcguild?

128 works.
Activity: 270
BITMAIN, with the declaration is nothing wrong, you can just change the main price in BTC to be lower on the declaration, so buyers won't have to pay as much customs ...
Activity: 388
legendary
Activity: 883
Could some one link to an appropriate wifi antenna on amazon?
Activity: 15
Looking to expand my BTC mining setup and invest a couple bitcoins more.  Is there any other better alternative miner than Antminer S1 at this time that anyone knows or can recommend?  Antminer has been the better option for on-hand equipment for some time, but I have started to see other options, wandering if there are other concrete options now.

Still prefer to avoid pre-order companies, but may be willing if wait time is no more than a month.

Appreciate any feedback.
legendary
Activity: 883
Man the network is slow tonight. 52 minutes and only one confirmation on my payment.
Jump to: