Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 182. (Read 355730 times)

legendary
Activity: 2742
Merit: 1181
how do you install the firmware if you cant connect to the miner?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
FYI I heard back from Bitmain - nice fast customer service.  A few relevant points:  (1) They are standing behind the products, and they promised to refund my trashed unit immediately (we will see how quickly that really happens, but hopeful), (2) they are letting me try to salvage Unit 1 from the control board in Unit 2 without voiding warranty (this was pursuant to authorization so maybe not a universal permission), and (3) they said that BATCH 2 units have a fix for the weak mounting of the boards, which they are aware of.

Nice one Bitmain... I really I hope that I will receive my miners intact... Is anyone working on a how to guide?

I'm sure well known dogieee well get one made once he gets his unit - he usually is pretty quick and good at them

Official instructions out soon I can imagine from Bitmain
Activity: 112
Website says out of stock Sad
Anyone hear anything about when the S2 (and or the S1) will be available again?

Later in April is what I have heard

15 April buddy last time I spoke to Bitmain

Cheers
legendary
you can buy my difuntional one. Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net

Later in April is what I have heard
legendary
Mine was up and running, but i rebooted the S2 to see if it would accept some changes and now i have a blank blue led screen with a red light in the top right corner...it was wrorking fine a few hours ago.

why cant it get pat the POST bootup all of a sudden?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057
SpacePirate.io
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
Could tell me somebody the fans are 120x38 or 120x20mm?
FYI I heard back from Bitmain - nice fast customer service.  A few relevant points:  (1) They are standing behind the products, and they promised to refund my trashed unit immediately (we will see how quickly that really happens, but hopeful), (2) they are letting me try to salvage Unit 1 from the control board in Unit 2 without voiding warranty (this was pursuant to authorization so maybe not a universal permission), and (3) they said that BATCH 2 units have a fix for the weak mounting of the boards, which they are aware of.

Nice one Bitmain... I really I hope that I will receive my miners intact... Is anyone working on a how to guide?
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

did you email them?  the info@ email?
Activity: 434
Merit: 254
Basically, I have just changed my router address to 192.168.1.1 - I am hoping I won't have to fiddle around with the settings too much once I receive my miners on Monday...
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
HodL tight, it's gonna get wild
So now its up and on, but not hashing.
is 192.168.1.1 a live node on your network?  if not change that line to your local router's IP.  just changing that value to 172.16.0.1 got most of mine going since that is my local router.  it resets to 192.168.1.1 on reboot though so you have to control cgminer via command line.

Thanks a mill atadro, I had previously changed it to my subnet 192.168.15.1 and then rebooted it. It knocked out the internet for the entire network. Just changed it again but didn't reboot this time.
its hashing now - yabadabadoo.
Thanks again ;-)
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
ok - so S2 landed about two hours ago
happy to report all cards were as they should be - reseated them all regardless, checked all the conections, all seemed ok
PSU does not look new - VERY dusty
Fired it up: ok
opened browser -> 192.168.1.99: ok
changed pools and IP to my subnet:ok
LCD:ok
restarted: Not hashing
checked all the cables, reseated BBB: all ok.
Tried a couple of pools: no change
Switched it from a static IP to DHCP: no change
tried /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh start & /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh restart
Code:
root@antMinerS2-1:~# /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh restart
Restarting Cgminer daemon: killall: cgminer: no process killed
PING 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1): 56 data bytes

--- 192.168.1.1 ping statistics ---
1 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss

Would be most grateful if anyone could anyone give me some pointers on what I need to do to coax it into action?

Also: may not be relevant: but version of cgminer is blank in the 'System/Overview page

edit:for those interested: VAT into Ireland with UPS was €246.43

edit: the logins differ for the different interfaces as follows:
       SSH u:root p:admin
       Browser u:root p:root

is 192.168.1.1 a live node on your network?  if not change that line to your local router's IP.  just changing that value to 172.16.0.1 got most of mine going since that is my local router.  it resets to 192.168.1.1 on reboot though so you have to control cgminer via command line.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
HodL tight, it's gonna get wild
ok - so S2 landed about two hours ago
happy to report all cards were as they should be - reseated them all regardless, checked all the conections, all seemed ok
PSU does not look new - VERY dusty
Fired it up: ok
opened browser -> 192.168.1.99: ok
changed pools and IP to my subnet:ok
LCD:ok
restarted: Not hashing
checked all the cables, reseated BBB: all ok.
Tried a couple of pools: no change
Switched it from a static IP to DHCP: no change
tried /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh start & /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh restart
Code:
root@antMinerS2-1:~# /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh restart
Restarting Cgminer daemon: killall: cgminer: no process killed
PING 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1): 56 data bytes

--- 192.168.1.1 ping statistics ---
1 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss

Would be most grateful if anyone could anyone give me some pointers on what I need to do to coax it into action?

Also: may not be relevant: but version of cgminer is blank in the 'System/Overview page

edit:for those interested: VAT into Ireland with UPS was €246.43

edit: the logins differ for the different interfaces as follows:
       SSH u:root p:admin
       Browser u:root p:root
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
well.. with the 192.168.1.1 line in /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh fixed
doing a:

/etc/init.d/cgminer.sh start

gets me mining...

still no display tho..  I'm thinking one of the other scripts needs to run to update the display..

thanks a bunch.  that got my first one hashing away.  that change plus reseating all boards and cables is prolly required for most to get them running.

well, overnight results are 4 or 6 are at least mostly hashing.  one definitely has a bad power supply and won't power up (the copious dust tells me it did work at one time though).  one runs for about 100k hashes at a time then just shuts off.  of the 4 that are hashing one has a one bad hashing board and one has a dead display.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Interesting, the cut down BBB in my S2 doesn't output anything out the debug port, just a constant stream of the character "c". I'll try flashing the new image once someone posts one, but I'm thinking I might need a new BBB.
Jump to: