Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 184. (Read 355730 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
So how many people have received their S2's and are happily mining and have not had any issues ? Im curious to see as im sure others are...
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
For the loose boards, in my opinion, they can be dislocate by someone shaking it, not only someone chucking/hitting it.

Has bitmain said anything about all of these issues to anyone ?

They are online.

Although Bitmain has slow customer response, they do impress me with their S1. Before they say anything about the issues i will not judge them. I am sure they will address all the affected customers. they are a good company so far.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Interesting, if I toss the card from this into a fully populated BBB, this is what I get out the debug port with the
Code:
U-Boot SPL 2013.04-dirty (Jan 26 2014 - 19:01:25)
musb-hdrc: ConfigData=0xde (UTMI-8, dyn FIFOs, HB-ISO Rx, HB-ISO Tx, SoftConn)
musb-hdrc: MHDRC RTL version 2.0
musb-hdrc: setup fifo_mode 4
musb-hdrc: 28/31 max ep, 16384/16384 memory
USB Peripheral mode controller at 47401000 using PIO, IRQ 0
USB Host mode controller at 47401800 using PIO, IRQ 0
OMAP SD/MMC: 0
reading u-boot.img
reading u-boot.img

U-Boot 2013.04-dirty (Jan 26 2014 - 19:01:25)

I2C:   ready
DRAM:  512 MiB
WARNING: Caches not enabled
NAND:  No NAND device found!!!
0 MiB
MMC:   OMAP SD/MMC: 0, OMAP SD/MMC: 1
*** Warning - readenv() failed, using default environment

USB Peripheral mode controller at 47401000 using PIO, IRQ 0
USB Host mode controller at 47401800 using PIO, IRQ 0
Net:    not set. Validating first E-fuse MAC
cpsw, usb_ether
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
gpio: pin 53 (gpio 53) value is 1
mmc0 is current device
micro SD card found
mmc0 is current device
gpio: pin 54 (gpio 54) value is 1
SD/MMC found on device 0
reading uEnv.txt
551 bytes read in 4 ms (133.8 KiB/s)
Loaded environment from uEnv.txt
Importing environment from mmc ...
Running uenvcmd ...
reading am335x-boneblack-bitmainer.dtb
20497 bytes read in 9 ms (2.2 MiB/s)
reading initramfs.bin.SD
14915825 bytes read in 1981 ms (7.2 MiB/s)
reading uImage.bin
Invalid FAT entry
3909632 bytes read in 475 ms (7.8 MiB/s)
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 80200000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-3.8.13
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    4394072 Bytes = 4.2 MiB
   Load Address: 80008000
   Entry Point:  80008000
   Verifying Checksum ... Bad Data CRC
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
gpio: pin 55 (gpio 55) value is 1
reading uImage.bin
Invalid FAT entry
3909632 bytes read in 474 ms (7.9 MiB/s)
gpio: pin 56 (gpio 56) value is 1
reading am335x-boneblack-bitmainer.dtb
20497 bytes read in 9 ms (2.2 MiB/s)
Booting from mmc ...
Wrong Image Format for bootm command
ERROR: can't get kernel image!
U-Boot#
Linux never seems to load on the BBB. I haven't tried this with the BBB included with the unit, but possibly a bad firmware image?
Activity: 37
Has bitmain said anything about all of these issues to anyone ?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
this thread looks like a car crash.
I feel for you guys, hope you can get something back for your troubles. I was pondering making an order here, but think i'll pass... the only viable company now has to be those spoondly-thingymajigs. but more expensive than I have in the bank, but i'm going to save for that.
legendary
Activity: 2742
Merit: 1181
how come after i rebooted i get nothing on screen but the red light?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1851
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Where are most of the people located who had their shipments come all banged up and damaged, just curious what part of the country or world you're in.

Some of the drivers don't care about whats in the box they are dropping at your doorstep, let alone what happens to it along the way.

But he said:

It could be shipping damage, except that the boxes arrived in perfect condition, not a scratch or ding to indicate rough handling.

I guess I will find out soon enough whether bitmaintech stands behind its products or not. 
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
crazy how they can go from having such a wonderful product (S1) to a steaming pile of shit (S2)...
WTF BITMAIN!?
legendary
so after i rebooted the S2 I get nothing on my display and no connectivity at all..any ideas?

it was working fine from the start.

please help meeeeeee!
Activity: 658
wow after checking the pics, i'm shocked at the poor design.....

They didnt learn from bitfury? the motherboard fiasco again?

Stupid engineering.

Not one fcking team learm from ASICminer.
Activity: 8
Its pretty bad that the cards are not held in by anything and the slots are very loose fitting  Sad I was lucky, after getting my cards reseated everything booted up. Its been running for almost 6 hours now and getting around 1% rejected. Will see if it will run throughout the night.

Also.. those vinyl straps on the box are an invitation for the ups guy to one arm huck the thing.
ZiG
Activity: 406
I got my S2 today.  

However, the display does not light up.  Although the fans do turn on and I can see red lights inside it.  

Also, the Ethernet is not detected by my router.

So the consensus is that I should open it up and see if anything needs to be reseated?  Will this void the warranty?

Thanks!
Volgon

What warranty...?...are you kidding... Wink
ZiG
Activity: 406
Activity: 26
The two Ethernet lights on the outside of the S2 and the two on my router are always off, when it is powered on.

Do you mean the internal Ethernet cable that is attached to the main (middle) board?

8 of the 11 cards were not seated properly.   Shocked

However, after re-seating, there is still no display and no lights on my router from the Ethernet connection.

I've already done a second pass at re-seating, and the internal Ethernet and ribbon cable are connected fine...any other ideas?

Since the display isn't lit, does that suggest a power terminal isn't connected or that the main board is fried?   Huh

At least the fans make an impressive sound.   Cry

I got my S2 today.  

However, the display does not light up.  Although the fans do turn on and I can see red lights inside it.  

Also, the Ethernet is not detected by my router.

So the consensus is that I should open it up and see if anything needs to be reseated?  Will this void the warranty?

Thanks!
Volgon

Check that all cards and cables are seated properly. 

check lights on controller's ethernet port
Activity: 42

after restarting cgminer, check to see that cgminer is a running process.  it's run in a screen session.  screen -l to view available screen sessions.

There is, screen -list shows

Code:
There is a screen on:
409.cgminer (Detached)
1 Socket in /tmp/screens/S-root.

Not that I expected it to fix anything, I tried upgrading cgminer to 4.2.2a (the version compiled for S1) but it was overwritten on a reboot. I am considering trying to set up something with a 192.168.1.x subnet, just trying to work out how.  
Activity: 672
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
Dumb UPS. Last night routed my package from Alaska to Kentucky and I am in California. Delayed 1 extra day. Was ready to un-box today.
I live in Alaska and they arrive in Anchorage from China in the afternoon, then get sent to California, and back to Anchorage overnight, to be delivered to me the next day.  I just received notification that there's been a flight delay and my latest S1 is in Anchorage and will be delayed.  And I'm thinking why not just send it down here then and have it arrive tomorrow as expected, can't you read the address?

I have the exact same issue as you pal.. the bad thing is this would delay the original Friday delivery til Monday and not Saturday since UPS Worldwide Express Saver doesnt have a Saturday delivery.
I think the reason why they go to CA is for customs release.. UPS hub at Anchorage doesn't have customs release.. just a guess

That would be my guess too, and I was fearing a Monday delivery as well, but I've just checked and it's back on time.  It's still in Anchorage and hasn't left for CA, so maybe they've just said "fuck customs"? Cheesy

Since so much freight comes in to Anchorage from Asia I'm surprised they don't have customs release here, but that's about the only reason I can think of to ship it down to CA.
legendary
I guess I got lucky, I opened it up to check out the boards and they were all intact and everything in place.

I used a US plug instead of the UK plug it shipped with, turned it on, and it beeped for a minute red light came on, fans spun up fast, then went to a green light and started hashing away.

Changed the IP address and pool info, but still having trouble with the password change.

guess ill wait until he releases the manual tomorrow.

I really feel bad for the people having trouble with this...its a true crime and shame.

Where are most of the people located who had their shipments come all banged up and damaged, just curious what part of the country or world you're in.

Some of the drivers don't care about whats in the box they are dropping at your doorstep, let alone what happens to it along the way.

I hope you get it all sorted out.

Good Luck!
Activity: 728
Hopefully you guys get some coupons for your troubles  Roll Eyes
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

did you change the ping address in /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh ?

I did, it wouldn't hash at all until I did that.  I've changed it to my router IP and even removed it.  Both result in the same behavior and it's overwritten on a reboot, of course.  

after restarting cgminer, check to see that cgminer is a running process.  it's run in a screen session.  screen -l to view available screen sessions.
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
Hope Bitmain releases more soon
Jump to: