Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 188. (Read 355730 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Well, mine won't connect at 192.168.1.99, and according to an IP scan there's nothing from 1.1 to 2.254
My laptop detects the board and the lights on the BBB work, so it doesn't appear to be a hardware error.
Did anyone else get a unit with a different IP?
legendary
Activity: 2408
I think that for more nice and cool look
Spray black the silver fan protect
legendary
I think overclocking is going to be extremely limited, with four TPS53355 per board, or one for 16 chips. On the S1, it's one for 8 chips.
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
Has anyone been able to get these to work on a network that's other than 192.168.1.*
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Well, sucks to be me, my 4 batch 1 units have only just left Shenzhen. Not happy considering they are now estimated to arrive the day before my batch 2 units are supposed to be sent out.....

Shenzhen, China    03/04/2014    16:50   Departure Scan
03/04/2014    15:46   Export Scan
03/04/2014    7:32   A UPS error has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans and working to deliver your package as quickly as possible.
03/04/2014    4:42   Recent weather has caused delivery delays. Recovery efforts are under way to deliver your package as soon as possible.
Shenzhen, China    02/04/2014    2:35   Arrival Scan
02/04/2014    2:19   Departure Scan
Shenzhen, China    01/04/2014    22:32   Origin Scan
China    01/04/2014    8:37   Order Processed: Ready for UPS
legendary
Merit: 1000
Well, here we are

All three units would not power on, I had to remove the case and plug the controller card back in. Also, 2 had the ribbon cable to the LCD unplugged and one had the ethernet unplugged.

The one on top is missing screws, including screws for the bracket. It also has a nice dent on the bottom corner under the middle fan you can see. That was not caused from shipping, and was not caused by me.

Once everything was plugged back in (and the asic cards reseated as well) All is working fine. The middle one shut itself off after 5 min of running without the cover on, I'm assuming it was due to over heating. But we'll find out soon enough!

....  That is to say is there a higher option setting that you can just remove the ###?

Yes... but without:

1 - bigger psu
2 - bigger heatsinks or significantly cooled ambient air

I would not even consider this.
Activity: 6
Hmmm, Well I found the overclocking settings.

Heh.. I wouldn't try without making sure you got more headroom on your PSU.  I'm thinking a 2KW server power supply. Smiley
and make sure you got plenty of cool ambient air going in.. cause it's going to be toasty coming out..

Looks like they are running them at 196. 

Can you take a screen shot of what it looks like?  That is to say is there a higher option setting that you can just remove the ###?
Pug
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
-
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Mixer: https://BitLaunder.com
There is NO WAY I am going to be the first to overclock. Way to loud already, Way to Hot, and Way to Already Maxing Out the Power Supply!! - Just nice to know its there.

HolyScott

I wouldnt overclocking it either. You mind as well take a blow torch and see if it burns or not. Esp, when setting conditions can be based on where you live in the world.

It is good to know that its there, but most people who do this dont do it correctly then lose their mining gear. Despite being instructions provided.
Is there any CE certificate link for Antminer S2? It may be very badly needed in some EU regimes.

Not that I've seen.
What you mean the s2 have overclokcing settings?

Same file exists as in S1
legendary
Activity: 2408
What you mean the s2 have overclokcing settings?
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
There is NO WAY I am going to be the first to overclock. Way too loud already, Way to Hot, and Way to Already Maxing Out the Power Supply!! - Just nice to know its there.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Is there any CE certificate link for Antminer S2? It may be very badly needed in some EU regimes.

Heh.. I wouldn't try without making sure you got more headroom on your PSU.  I'm thinking a 2KW server power supply. Smiley
and make sure you got plenty of cool ambient air going in.. cause it's going to be toasty coming out..

Looks like they are running them at 196. 
Activity: 181
Merit: 100

Did either of you guys get the display working?

Mine is dead :/

Yeah, mine worked after I reseated the cpu board.

Well.. mine is mining.. just no display... I'd assume that if the cpu board is not seated, I wouldn't get any hashing at all..
Activity: 8

Yeah, mine worked after I reseated the cpu board.
well.. with the 192.168.1.1 line in /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh fixed
doing a:

/etc/init.d/cgminer.sh start

gets me mining...

still no display tho..  I'm thinking one of the other scripts needs to run to update the display..

thanks a bunch.  that got my first one hashing away.  that change plus reseating all boards and cables is prolly required for most to get them running.

thanks! editing that script did it for me... it seems to overwrite it on every reboot though   Undecided i'll have to look for where thats happening.

Jump to: