Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 192. (Read 355730 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
It sounds more like they are affraid of bitcoin and what is gonna happen on april 15th. Lets hope they won't run out of business.

Shit. That is a terrible thought Sad
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
It sounds more like they are affraid of bitcoin and what is gonna happen on april 15th. Lets hope they won't run out of business.

I doubt it will have a massive impact on their business...
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
You got something, let's see it, and let the product sell itself.  

All products on their site are sold out, so I guess they did.
Activity: 616
I got Satoshi's avatar!
I don't get why a lot of people are complaining about the ethernet port placement.  If you're going to rackmount it, isn't it easier to have ethernet in front just like many rackmount switches are setup?

Spondoolies-tech also has their ethernet port up front for their rackmount miners.

People trying to sound like they know anything about running a datacenter  Roll Eyes
+100... too many people jump on what others post without thinking for themselves (racking up post counts)... even after all the nonsense spread on this thread I'm still very happy with my batch 2 purchase, it looks like a quality unit from Bitmain once again.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Does the S2 have wifi?

I received an email direct from Bitmain indicating that the S2 does not have WiFi.

Cheers

makes sense. The S2 is designed with serious miners in mind - and that means the grreat majority of users will have ethernet connections available to connect (or can get an adapter/AP router)
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Does the S2 have wifi?

I received an email direct from Bitmain indicating that the S2 does not have WiFi.

Cheers

donator
Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012
I don't get why a lot of people are complaining about the ethernet port placement.  If you're going to rackmount it, isn't it easier to have ethernet in front just like many rackmount switches are setup?

Spondoolies-tech also has their ethernet port up front for their rackmount miners.

People trying to sound like they know anything about running a datacenter  Roll Eyes

Yeah, I was actually happy with that design choice as well.  I didn't expect it to be a point of contention.
I'm happy with ethernet port up front - I prefer it (and yes, I will mount my S2 in a rack).
Yes indeed. My racks have too many power cables in the back. Routing the network cables in front would help to keep things more manageable.
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
Does the S2 have wifi?
I think so... S1 have wifi-included, so i don't see them removing the wifi on S2.

That would depend on if they still have the openwrt as the controller or not.  If they use a rpi or bbb then a wifi device could be added but would not come as default.
Activity: 896
Does the S2 have wifi?
I think so... S1 have wifi-included, so i don't see them removing the wifi on S2.
legendary
Activity: 915
Merit: 1005
Does the S2 have wifi?

Good question. Have not heard any mention of it, but hopefully it does.

BTW. Bitman finally responded to my email, they must have been really backlogged to ship the first batch of S2's
Activity: 362
Does the S2 have wifi?
Activity: 700
Merit: 504
Run a Bitcoin node.

Yeah, I was actually happy with that design choice as well.  I didn't expect it to be a point of contention.
I'm happy with ethernet port up front - I prefer it (and yes, I will mount my S2 in a rack).
Activity: 700
Merit: 504
Run a Bitcoin node.
These def look hell-a lot better then the cheap ass Dragon 1T miners. Anyone wanna trade a 1T for an S2?  Grin

Wish I could order these, but with the price of BTC right now, and no cash in hand, can't afford one Sad
Right now no-one can order them, they aren't for sale. Gotta wait for batch 3 to become available... or better yet, hopefully they will simply stock them like S1s with none of this pre-order business.
Activity: 346
Merit: 100
let's make a gentlemen bet (bet that involves nothing): will they void the warranty when you open the box?

My guess: Yes

Other then in the case of the KNCMiner (where the fans fell off for pretty much everyone, during shipping), doesn't that pretty much apply to everything?
Activity: 280

Activity: 896
let's make a gentlemen bet (bet that involves nothing): will they void the warranty when you open the box?

My guess: Yes
Activity: 74
Merit: 10

People trying to sound like they know anything about running a datacenter  Roll Eyes

I've seen ethernet and fiber setup various ways... all in front, front mount switch to back connected servers, and all in the back with backward facing switches.

I kind of prefer the front mount connections if the wire routing is done "cleanly".  Makes it easier to swap out servers... I guess it's just a personal preference.

If you have to remove the unit from the rack, does it really matter? The powerplug is on the back and I guess you'll have to unplug that aswell...
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

People trying to sound like they know anything about running a datacenter  Roll Eyes

I've seen ethernet and fiber setup various ways... all in front, front mount switch to back connected servers, and all in the back with backward facing switches.

I kind of prefer the front mount connections if the wire routing is done "cleanly".  Makes it easier to swap out servers... I guess it's just a personal preference.
Activity: 346
Merit: 100
These def look hell-a lot better then the cheap ass Dragon 1T miners. Anyone wanna trade a 1T for an S2?  Grin

Wish I could order these, but with the price of BTC right now, and no cash in hand, can't afford one Sad
Jump to: