Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 189. (Read 355730 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
They used to have a limit on their S1's.  It kind of irks me they don't have any limits on the S2.  Probably because of the turbulent ride BTC has been having lately, they couldn't afford to stick to ideals over profit margins this time around.  can't say I blame them much, either...

That said, I have 1 S2 Batch 2 coming soon, so I too would like to know some of the questions others have been asking:

1) How loud is it?
2) What were the kinks, if any that faced in setting it up
3) Does it make the room an oven?

Mine is going out in a shed with half assed temp controls and airflow, so I'm curious what sort of accomodations I'll have to make.  Drill another vent in the wall and add a giant fan on it, perhaps?

number 3 is entirely relative. its 1000W of heat no matter what. If 3x 360W antminer S1 was making it an oven, so will this.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
well.. with the 192.168.1.1 line in /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh fixed
doing a:

/etc/init.d/cgminer.sh start

gets me mining...

still no display tho..  I'm thinking one of the other scripts needs to run to update the display..

thanks a bunch.  that got my first one hashing away.  that change plus reseating all boards and cables is prolly required for most to get them running.
Activity: 8
thanks! editing that script did it for me... it seems to overwrite it on every reboot though   Undecided i'll have to look for where thats happening.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
They used to have a limit on their S1's.  It kind of irks me they don't have any limits on the S2.  Probably because of the turbulent ride BTC has been having lately, they couldn't afford to stick to ideals over profit margins this time around.  can't say I blame them much, either...

That said, I have 1 S2 Batch 2 coming soon, so I too would like to know some of the questions others have been asking:

1) How loud is it?
2) What were the kinks, if any that faced in setting it up
3) Does it make the room an oven?

Mine is going out in a shed with half assed temp controls and airflow, so I'm curious what sort of accomodations I'll have to make.  Drill another vent in the wall and add a giant fan on it, perhaps?
Activity: 956
Merit: 1001
well.. with the 192.168.1.1 line in /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh fixed
doing a:

/etc/init.d/cgminer.sh start

gets me mining...

still no display tho..  I'm thinking one of the other scripts needs to run to update the display..
ssh login is root/admin

/etc/init.d/cgminer.sh is hardcoded to ping 192.168.1.1 for some reason.  I changed that to my gateway ip.

machine starts to mine for a minute, then shuts down and starts beeping

continuing surgery...
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Wish I had one to help, but with guys like atadro buying 6 there weren't many to go around.  Being first has its drawbacks, good luck guys, I hope you get it figured out.
can't ssh in either.  the administration screen has no entry for cgminer version.
How do you get it to start mining? I had to make sure all the cards were plugged in and then it would but. But now I've set up the network, can access the administration page, and entered in all my information, but it doesn't want to start?

same here..
How do you get it to start mining? I had to make sure all the cards were plugged in and then it would boot. But now I've set up the network, can access the administration page, and entered in all my information, but it doesn't want to start?
i am certainly not as impressed as giga with my first shipment.  none of the 6 hashed out of the box and only 1 could i even connect to the mgmt interface.  prolly gonna be a long night of troubleshooting.  each one of my 50+ S1's hashed out of the box - bring back the S1's...........

Just opened up mine.... nearly every board inside had been knocked off the motherboard pci connectors and had come out of the slide-in slots..

Cannot open a webpage at 192.168.1.99..

continuing surgery..
Activity: 532
Merit: 269
How did you rack mount the ant minter s1's??

Three ants per 22" shelf with power supplies double-sided-tapped to the back of the shelf.

We opened over 1,000 boxes to get our 540 ants setup. Grin

Would love to see a photo or video of the rig - sounds insane setup!!

Well done Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
i am certainly not as impressed as giga with my first shipment.  none of the 6 hashed out of the box and only 1 could i even connect to the mgmt interface.  prolly gonna be a long night of troubleshooting.  each one of my 50+ S1's hashed out of the box - bring back the S1's...........

sounds like some sort of general network issue - you sure they are on the right IP subnet?
what is default IP as shipped?

same as the S1 - 192.168.1.99
what is default IP as shipped?
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
Is noisy ior. It?
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
Are you mining for yourselve or maybe selling hashpower?

Mining for ourselves.
legendary
Activity: 2742
Merit: 1181
Are there any special setup instructions needed?
Or is it simply plug it in and go to IP and configure like the S1?

Thanks!
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
1075 Watts at wall
60o Cel Via the Temp on Display
Fairly Loud, Not quite as loud as the BFL Rack Mount.
Jump to: