Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S2 Discussion and Support Thread - page 60. (Read 355730 times)

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
1000w is clearly NOT ENOUGH and anyone who hasnt upgraded is losing GH by the second.

anyway - ive learnt that they need more power for a fact and i will be lucky if the ever helpful bitmain can sort me out
My batch 4 S2 is running quite happily at 1005 GH/s on the original 1000W PSU, (1086W at the wall).  Not sure where you're getting your facts.

and mine are fluctuating  'happily' around 900-1000 INCLUDING the one with ONLY 9 boards which in the short time its been running seems more stable.

you could probably get 850GH from a 850w PSU.

the point which seems obvious to me is the boards have the potential to do more..and the 1000w PSU prevents that.

not sure where you're getting your logic...

@Tracer X - excellent point about new blades..who knows if higher or lower, id guess higher.

but might be better to hold off unless u have the 1200-1300w psu handy... which u and i do not..

you might check your thermal grease. if its dried out or non-existent you may be getting increased errors - its something im looking into.

I replaced my Batch 2 PSU with a 1300W EVGA and its made zero difference to the hash rate.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
not sure where you're getting your logic...
My logic is quite simple.  I paid for a 1TH/s miner, and that's exactly what I got.

Now undoubtedly the S2 pushes that Enermax PSU to its limits, and a much safer bet would be a 1200 or 1300W unit.  But I'm not loosing GH by the second.  I certainly don't have the overhead required to overclock, but then I'm not sure I want to do that anyway.
1000w is clearly NOT ENOUGH and anyone who hasnt upgraded is losing GH by the second.

anyway - ive learnt that they need more power for a fact and i will be lucky if the ever helpful bitmain can sort me out
My batch 4 S2 is running quite happily at 1005 GH/s on the original 1000W PSU, (1086W at the wall).  Not sure where you're getting your facts.

How long can that PSU run overspec?  That it's running fine now is great, but how long will it do that?  I'm not being confrontational, I'm an owner of an S2 and am curious.
Well I have to say that I'm curious too. Smiley  I have a spare 1000W for if and when this one goes tits up.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
minersource.net has a good deal on used EVGA1300 for $140.
I've got a new power board with black caps-anybody has this? Will take a picture later for comparison and will also try the new board with old psu, then try to change to EVGA1300 and report performance.

its sold out
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Most psu can run over spec 10-20% for awhile, I dont know about the build quality of Enermax, maybe thats why they dont ship as complete units anymore.

Corsair and Seasonic Plats are pretty good.

I'm thinking about a Corsair 1300, but would hate to drop the cash if it won't really "buy" me anything.  That said, what are the odds the upgrade blades BM has referred to will come it at lesser wattage?

I'll probably just bite the bullet and replace the PSU, my S2 slowly works down to 970 GH/s, even though only 4 chips are showing as disabled.  I'm guessing my PSU is acting up.

minersource.net has a good deal on used EVGA1300 for $140.
I've got a new power board with black caps-anybody has this? Will take a picture later for comparison and will also try the new board with old psu, then try to change to EVGA1300 and report performance.
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
you might check your thermal grease. if its dried out or non-existent you may be getting increased errors - its something im looking into.

Let me know if you find out anything, re: thermal grease.  Do we know of a way to monitor individual chip hash rate via SSH?  If I could narrow it down to a specific blade, I would happily reapply thermal paste.
Most psu can run over spec 10-20% for awhile, I dont know about the build quality of Enermax, maybe thats why they dont ship as complete units anymore.

Corsair and Seasonic Plats are pretty good.

I'm thinking about a Corsair 1300, but would hate to drop the cash if it won't really "buy" me anything.  That said, what are the odds the upgrade blades BM has referred to will come it at lesser wattage?

I'll probably just bite the bullet and replace the PSU, my S2 slowly works down to 970 GH/s, even though only 4 chips are showing as disabled.  I'm guessing my PSU is acting up.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

Corsair and Seasonic EVGA are pretty good.

How long can that PSU run overspec?  That it's running fine now is great, but how long will it do that?  I'm not being confrontational, I'm an owner of an S2 and am curious.
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
New price for AntMiner S2 1 TH/s Kit: 2247 USD each one, shipping cost included.

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
I receive my AntMiner today.

No shipement problem, send in 5 day, work perfectly. Thank you very much Bitmain. Good job.

Here is my pictures :

...better than early Batch 4 with 10 cards by quite a long way

not as good as batch 3 with 10 cards.

the batch 4 seems to dwindledown to around 850 .  i did ask about this on another thread.

anyone experienced a dwindledown rig??
I must admit that mine has done that from time to time and I've not figured out why exactly. Sometimes I found it was leaking shares to my backup pool and other times I found pulling and reinserting the cards helped. I also found that the gui would sometimes report a different hashrate to the pool and I think that was due to the ntp going out of whack or something, try clicking Save&Apply in the Miner config and see if it starts cgminer with the full hashrate.

I assume this is an issue with the PSU, but I'm not an EE.  Has anyone seen this problem after upgrading their PSU to 1200-1300?
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Well I think im going to purchase another S2. Does someone have a coupon they aren't going to use? Thanks
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
For French users :

Je viens de recevoir mon S2 en France.

Les frais de douane sont de 303 €.

Je l'ai payé 3.366 BTC le 29 mai soit 1514 €.

Cela fait donc un total de 1817 €, livré par UPS.

Le colis n'est pas encore ouvert, je vous tiens au courant de l'état de la machine dès ouverture.

For others users :

I just got my S2.

French Customs fees are € 303 .

Price on 29 May : BTC 3.366 = € 1514 (with coupon)

Total = € 1817, delivered by UPS.

The package is not open yet, I'll let you know the status of the S2 as soon as possible
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
...better than early Batch 4 with 10 cards by quite a long way

not as good as batch 3 with 10 cards.

the batch 4 seems to dwindledown to around 850 .  i did ask about this on another thread.

anyone experienced a dwindledown rig??
I must admit that mine has done that from time to time and I've not figured out why exactly. Sometimes I found it was leaking shares to my backup pool and other times I found pulling and reinserting the cards helped. I also found that the gui would sometimes report a different hashrate to the pool and I think that was due to the ntp going out of whack or something, try clicking Save&Apply in the Miner config and see if it starts cgminer with the full hashrate.
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Not good to hear your machine with 9 cards hashes better than one with 10, these earlier machines seem to have some variance like the S1's. That's strange because my PSU gave up after a few months and wouldn't run 10 cards. I got it replaced by Bitmain with another brand new Enermax 1000W in the box and a new power board and that is up and running now for a couple of weeks. I also got my 2 damaged boards replaced on Monday and I'm running all 10 now at 1003GH/s... I'll have to see how long this psu lasts, but it looks good for now although it might be a bit early to tell.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001
ok so i went balls deep and powered her up - 9 blades hashing @ a better hashrate than my other S2s that were not damaged and are running 10 blades....

myself included...

@freebit - despite my last 6-7 orders being dleivered by UPS , this time i was blessed with the talents of SF shipping..

25USD fee

instead of the 100+ from UPS (my personal choice)

and the 300+ from DHL (who are villains)

so when shaving pennies you clearly do get what u pay for - it looks as tough this rig was removed from the box, foam and bubblewrap then thrown onto the floor with some force before being repackaged minus the bubblewrap that was just stuffed inthe side.

I got Satoshi's avatar!
rig ordred on 25th just arrived.

No metal plate holding the boards down

a huge crease all the way across and 2 corners dented & scratched.

damaged boards, something silver and red missing from the power board (capacitor? its not inside unless the psu has eaten it)

this will be my karmaic reward for being flippant on others troubles...

as well as awful shipping - zzzzzzzz

Bitmainnnnnnnnnnn!!!!.........
Did they come with the cable for the board to the LCD or the io board ?

came with all cables but is a complete S2, not the 'kit' you are thinking of.

also came with a missing cap a half dozen broken caps and odd looking extras on all the boards (which were also all damaged)

this is the kind of delivery i have been dreading...

already contacted bitmain and crossing my fingers it doesnt work out to be a bunch MORE wasted time
Good luck Edgar, it seem the longer UPS has these things, the more they get damaged.
I got Satoshi's avatar!
Ok, Micro Center did not have a 15A cable, only 10A cables.  So I am out of places to go today.  If I were to take out a hashboard or two, will it run on a 10A cable just fine?  Or would you guys recommend not doing that?
Just cut the supplied plug off the cord and put on a new one, you can just buy a plug from the hardware store. Otherwise, just take a cable from a printer or kettle in you home and use that.
Pages:
Jump to: