Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 126. (Read 451039 times)

soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
I own a metal fab shop, would anyone be interested in either galvanized, aluminum or stainless covers for their S5s? Cardboard is a really bad idea.

So, you'd be capable of fabricating water cooled sinks for S3's and S5's?
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
Best option in my opinion is s3 case  Cool

Ah, but would the cover PCIE connections ports line up?
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
I own a metal fab shop, would anyone be interested in either galvanized, aluminum or stainless covers for their S5s? Cardboard is a really bad idea.

I'd be interested, what kind of price do you think ballpark?

Not sure, I need to get my hands on the dimensions. I'd likely use galvanized to keep the price as low as possible. Looks like I'd need to knock out 6 holes per capping with the water jet, 4 PCI-e and 2 data ribbons. I might try to get my hands on a dead or cheap S5 locally to get proper measurements.

It would be 4 holes for the pci-e, and 8 holes for the screws since I imagine you would use the same mounting location. The ribbons would not need to be outside the cover.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
May the source be with you.
lex_minutor Yes it based on beaglebone black so, i can make firmware, but i don't have hardware to test it.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Batch 5 sold out on the Bitmain site?  Unless you want to do a bulk order.  :-(

I see it still in stock,the Hashnet is sold out now, wasn't earlier today.
Activity: 99
i received my s5 but after an hour of hashing, one of the hashboard shows 30 "-" (dashes). tried powering up one board and its the same
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Not sure, I need to get my hands on the dimensions. I'd likely use galvanized to keep the price as low as possible. Looks like I'd need to knock out 6 holes per capping with the water jet, 4 PCI-e and 2 data ribbons. I might try to get my hands on a dead or cheap S5 locally to get proper measurements.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
Bitmain, we need another (small) batch of S5s!

or the S6 Smiley
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Bitmain, we need another (small) batch of S5s!
Activity: 27
yup just noticed the same thing Sad

Edit: DHgate seems to show still in stock if you want to pay with credit card.

Thanks, I'll give that a try  ...... :-)
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
yup just noticed the same thing Sad

Edit: DHgate seems to show still in stock if you want to pay with credit card.
Activity: 27
Batch 5 sold out on the Bitmain site?  Unless you want to do a bulk order.  :-(
Activity: 79
I'm not sure, how can I tell?

lex_minutor, S2 based on beaglebone black too?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Galvanized would be fine for me. I would be looking for 2 of them

It depends on price.  But I would love a nice metal one (assuming it's not high and adds a lot to ROI).  I like the idea for sure, but comes out to cost on me.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
They could of kept the miners in a filtered room without dust OR they could of just replaced the heatsinks and fans.

The Chinese aren't wasting money on filtered rooms. That's why they're winning Tongue

also would adding a back fan decrease the temps enough to slow down the front one??
what if i used one of those fan speed adapters.. im assuming the fan is just a regular 4 pin pwm connector?
i have a few of those that come with CM fans that are preset to 1800 and 1600 and 1200. altho i think those speeds are set for a 2500 rpm fan, i think its 70% 60% and 50%

No, not enough to make any significant difference. You could use a resistor cable but I can't think of one which is rated for the 1A+ the fan uses. That's 2W of reduction that tiny resistor has to dissipate, a huge huge amount. Replace the fan if you want to get it quieter.
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
Galvanized would be fine for me. I would be looking for 2 of them
legendary
Activity: 1596

I would because... cats

depends on cost , nice idea thu over what's on it . ID want one or two if the cost isn't to high with shipping.

What material would you guys want it made out of? Galvanized would be cheapest, while stainless would be the most expensive option. I'd need to produce about 15-20 at a time minimum to make it worth firing up the water jet and keep prices as low as possible. Of course costs would be a little lower for bigger batches.

I don't own an S5, are there any technical drawings for it anywhere so I can get dimensions? If not, I'd need to get my hands on one.
Activity: 112

depends on cost , nice idea thu over what's on it . ID want one or two if the cost isn't to high with shipping.
Jump to: