Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 129. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 312
Merit: 250
My S5's get a lot of "Share above target" messages.  I'm mining with my own local Bitcoin P2Pool node.  The node performance is fine, GWT Latency is fine (<300ms daily average).  The share above target messages are only seen when I enable Verbose mode with cgminer.  Hashrate and Work Utility stats seem fine.  My question is, is this a problem?  Thanks.

EDIT:  This is a P2Pool issue only.  Manually setting pseudo share difficulty got rid of reduced the messages, as long as I didn't set the value too high, which I don't understand.  I'm using BTCADDRESS+1024   Again, the share above target messages can only be seen if verbose mode is enabled.  I don't know if this is a real issue or not.  I tried other P2Pool nodes too, with the same result.

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Hi,

If anyone is interested, here is updated firmware for AntMiner S5 with extranonce.subscribe support and fresh cgminer version:

AntMiner S5:
https://www.nicehash.com/download/AntMiner-S5-SD-firmware_cgminer_4.9.0_nicehash_and_performance_graph.tar.gz
(There is some additional features in S5 firmware, performance graphs like on sp20e, they can be accesed by pointing browser to http://miner_ip/cgi-bin/graph.rrd)

Example of s5 performance graph:
http://smit1237.asuscomm.com:8080/img/graph.png

Details explained here: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#asic, firmware was prepared by smit1237 (thanks!).

Kind regards,
NiceHash.com

Awesome upgrade !  Well worth it just for the new graphs - Makes an S5 look like an SP20 Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
My S5 had spent 48 hr sitting in Shenzen customs. I understand when US customs ask for stuff here, but it is clear that something was probably missing at chinese customs as far as paperwork that should have been provided by BMT is concerned. Or did customs at shenzen got tired of miner deluge?

Anybody else had this experience? Comment from Bitmain?

I don't understand why UPS can get stuff to me in 48 hours but F'nEx can't seem to get out of the country!  My shipment looks to be still sitting in China as well after being picked up 2 days ago. Huh

Last time I order form BMT i used fedex to save one or two bucks and ended up paying it any way , i got charged 17.00 bucks for import taxes, I found out later on, should have been 6.50, the extra was some kind of fee they put on it and they told me custom's charged, they didn't but on the bill FedEx sent me the extra was a fee for them paying the 6.50. then I called them about it and was lied to.the import tax at that time was 6.50 not 17 $, i still question if I had to pay that .

I got it in 4 days time the service in GEN was bad,so i won't use FedEx ever again . and yes i watched  Fed ex's site they had problems with custom, it was held up for what ever reason still don't know how i got it in 4 days .
Activity: 89

my s5 was sent by UPS, so this delay does not appear to be carrier-specific.

Maybe BMT could walk over there and ... do something?
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
My S5 had spent 48 hr sitting in Shenzen customs. I understand when US customs ask for stuff here, but it is clear that something was probably missing at chinese customs as far as paperwork that should have been provided by BMT is concerned. Or did customs at shenzen got tired of miner deluge?

I don't understand why UPS can get stuff to me in 48 hours but F'nEx can't seem to get out of the country!  My shipment looks to be still sitting in China as well after being picked up 2 days ago. Huh

my s5 was sent by UPS, so this delay does not appear to be carrier-specific.

I don't understand why UPS can get stuff to me in 48 hours but F'nEx can't seem to get out of the country!  My shipment looks to be still sitting in China as well after being picked up 2 days ago. Huh
CE & FCC Testing/Certification Information

https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204696675

We heard some customers are experiencing a speed bump with the respective Customs Agency to include in USA.  Here are the copy of the certification documentations if one is required.

Antminer products are always build to pass the CE and FCC standards the CE mark we use is not the so called, "China Export" logo!  (not only in ASIC business but other manufactures in china are known to stamp the China Export Logo instead of CE certifications needed in EU)

It would be most helpful if you could work out this information with your shippers prior to sending out thousands of boxes.

FYI - FedEx importing to the USA needs to know that the device complies with Part II #7 if you are a home user.

Here's a link to the FCC form you could submit with your shipments that would alleviate any issues with the items coming into the US:
http://transition.fcc.gov/Forms/Form740/740.pdf
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

legendary
Activity: 885
Merit: 1006
NiceHash.com
Hi,

If anyone is interested, here is updated firmware for AntMiner S5 with extranonce.subscribe support and fresh cgminer version:

AntMiner S5:
https://www.nicehash.com/download/AntMiner-S5-SD-firmware_cgminer_4.9.0_nicehash_and_performance_graph.tar.gz
(There is some additional features in S5 firmware, performance graphs like on sp20e, they can be accesed by pointing browser to http://miner_ip/cgi-bin/graph.rrd)

Example of s5 performance graph:
http://smit1237.asuscomm.com:8080/img/graph.png

Details explained here: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#asic, firmware was prepared by smit1237 (thanks!).

Kind regards,
NiceHash.com
legendary
Activity: 1736
got my s5 up and running.. it is a lot louder then the s3..

is there a away to get the s3 fans and put them on it? would that void the warranty?

The S5 is generally always a lot louder then an S3. Nothing you can do about it. You can get expensive fans but ill still be louder then an S3. They aren't good for home mining.

i dont care really how loud it is.. its the type of noise it makes
the fan that is on it runs at like 4000 rpms and it has a high pitch whine, i can hear it through the whole house.

i was thinking about putting a couple of these on it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835242011
i know they are loud too 18 db, but only run at 1000 rpm. i bet they would be much quieter..

now, the 87 cfm rating, push pull would be good enough to cool it?

I would not use those fans. The stock fan is louder, but it works. I have tested the S5 with the Noctua IPPS 3000 fan as in a push / pull config and can keep the temps in check. Everything goes back to stock loud fan until warranty period is all over. You need at least one fan that can push 250 CFM and can hit 3500-4000 rpm's or two fans each pushing over 110 CFM. Anything lower than that you will have a hard time keeping the unit at normal temps.

i do have a couple corsair 140 mm fans that came on the h100 cooler..
i also have a couple JetFlo 140 mm fans that came on the 140XL cooler..

think any of those will work good? they are rated at over 100 cfm at full speed.

but i dont want to mess the warranty up since i just got it today.. perhaps i can put it in a back room for a few lol.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....

is there a away to get the s3 fans and put them on it? would that void the warranty?

The S5 is generally always a lot louder then an S3. Nothing you can do about it. You can get expensive fans but ill still be louder then an S3. They aren't good for home mining.

the fan that is on it runs at like 4000 rpms and it has a high pitch whine, i can hear it through the whole house.

i was thinking about putting a couple of these on it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835242011
i know they are loud too 18 db, but only run at 1000 rpm. i bet they would be much quieter..

I would not use those fans. The stock fan is louder, but it works. I have tested the S5 with the Noctua IPPS 3000 fan as in a push / pull config and can keep the temps in check. Everything goes back to stock loud fan until warranty period is all over. You need at least one fan that can push 250 CFM and can hit 3500-4000 rpm's or two fans each pushing over 110 CFM. Anything lower than that you will have a hard time keeping the unit at normal temps.

legendary
Merit: 1004
Up to 3 bad chips are within the advertised specs.  If you have more than 4 xs or missing chips, then you are qualified for the warranty claim at this point.
What effect does the missing chips have on the string voltage of the other chips? If you're losing a few don't you pay a double penalty in that you lose hashrate, but your power loss is largely unchanged and you'd also take a hit in the efficiency?
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Up to 3 bad chips are within the advertised specs.  If you have more than 4 xs or missing chips, then you are qualified for the warranty claim at this point.

legendary

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

legendary
Personal text my ass....
My Dad has 5 S5's but has a weird problem. He has an X and a missing 0. How does that happen? Tried a different power supply, tried just about everything.  What is causing this? Is a chip faulty on one of his boards? BitmaimWarranty, what should he do? Here is a screen shot of it. You'll notice one x in the line and zero dropped off at the end. Very confusing.
What do you think here???

I asked and did was Yoshi asked me to. Tried using the other data cable on the other port. Switched cables around completely. Flashed from the SD image the stock firmware. Tried another power supply. Let the miner sit for a good 30 minutes to cool down. Tried a different pool. Same thing. Seems that the right side board has some faulty chips on it. I told my Dad that there was nothing I could do and I'll ask Bitmain if they are able to help or not.  He just doesn't want the miner to start getting worse and then end up out of warranty with half the chips not working. He is capable of removing the faulty board, would BitmainWarranty replace the board for him via exchange in the mail from Colorado? I know there is a certain % + / - within spec, but the miner is only one day old. Should see bad chips or board issues now. Anyone else see a dropped zero or an x in their ASIC status like the picture above? Should I contact BitmainWarranty for him?

Thanks.

legendary

legendary
Personal text my ass....
Thank  you for hanging in with us during the RMA process.  Hope our fast domestic RMA helped you ease the pain a little.

for others, if you need RMA, or its too hard to trouble shoot, please use the Warranty Center in Denver, Colorado to get the diagnostic and usually the same day turn around service.

For faster communications, Live Chat here 

Live Chat: https://v2.zopim.com/widget/livechat.html?key=2ZaJsbRPVUUFCqOE8MmgXgbFFdNYxOBP

Happy Mining!

I need to reduce the noise generated by the S5 as far as I reasonably can without hurting its ability to cool itself.  I find that push/pull S3 fans (~2520rpm typical) are easily quieter than the stock S5 push and cool well, though would still prefer quieter.  Would a Noctua 2000 (1" Vs 1.5" depth) as a push provide noticeably quieter operation at same ambient temp without compromising cooling?  Or some other alternative (4pin PWM needed for controller compatibility)?

PS. Received shipment confirmation today for two S5 -- thanks for the week early ship Bitmain!
Thanks again Bitmain, the two S5 arrived about an hour ago!  Swapped the push fans and have them up and running to check them out before moving to CGminer 4.9.0 and 312.5MHz.

Have decided a push S3 fan is fine, but adding one as a pull makes it a little loud.  Would like a quieter pull fan.  Am considering the Silverstone FHP141 (per Philipma1957), however, it isn't PWM, just dual speed with a PWM connector -- would definitely prefer PWM.

Hey, that chat should be 24/7 after a roll out!!! Smiley

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
These are my first bitmain boxes, I've used SP-Tech previously.

I'm pretty impressed so far, turned it on and it was hashing away 2 minutes later, doing 1.18gh/sec out of the box on decent temps.

Is there a way to change their frequency via a cron job like I can do with my sp20s?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
My new S5 is superior to my other. No HW errors and a slightly better hashing rate. I'm impressed thus far.
Jump to: