Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 130. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Okay, up and running.  Wow.  It's light.  Surprised to find only 4 PCIE connections instead of 8.  I don't see anywhere in the GUI an option to change from CST to EDT.  Now to switch subnets.....

And didn't wake up to .1.99 but rather DHCP.  Glad I have nmap functional as my new router is a pain to log into.

Yep, default was changed to DHCP since S5s. It makes it a bit more interesting for bulk customers but better for individuals as it will always be accessible without intervention.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
CE & FCC Testing/Certification Information

https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204696675

We heard some customers are experiencing a speed bump with the respective Customs Agency to include in USA.  Here are the copy of the certification documentations if one is required.

Antminer products are always build to pass the CE and FCC standards the CE mark we use is not the so called, "China Export" logo!  (not only in ASIC business but other manufactures in china are known to stamp the China Export Logo instead of CE certifications needed in EU)

Activity: 353
Merit: 253
Sometimes when I turn on one of my C1, it does not start mining... if I turn it off and turn it on again, it works... I hope it's not getting broken...
Best regards,
ilpirata79
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
Really loving this machine.
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
Okay, up and running.  Wow.  It's light.  Surprised to find only 4 PCIE connections instead of 8.  I don't see anywhere in the GUI an option to change from CST to EDT.  Now to switch subnets.....

And didn't wake up to .1.99 but rather DHCP.  Glad I have nmap functional as my new router is a pain to log into.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Does anyone know if you need a paperclip mod for the Dell Server 750 W PSU being sold by sidehack of geckoscience? Also how do I wire the power connectors? Opposite each other or beside each other? I PMd him about how to connect but he is offline and I want to get mining Smiley

As seen on the website's product page for this board, adjacent to the photos of them wired up and in use, there is a link to the full board documentation which describes in pictures and words the answers to all your questions. http://gekkoscience.com/misc/V0.5_Board_Doc.pdf

I missed that. I am up and running. Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Does anyone know if you need a paperclip mod for the Dell Server 750 W PSU being sold by sidehack of geckoscience? Also how do I wire the power connectors? Opposite each other or beside each other? I PMd him about how to connect but he is offline and I want to get mining Smiley

As seen on the website's product page for this board, adjacent to the photos of them wired up and in use, there is a link to the full board documentation which describes in pictures and words the answers to all your questions. http://gekkoscience.com/misc/V0.5_Board_Doc.pdf
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
Just got tracking info for my DHGate order (placed 03/19) and as they promised it had already been shipped and cleared customs so I should have it probably Monday (it says tomorrow, but I doubt that will hold due to US-side customs)
Activity: 426
Ordered on Tuesday, shipped out FedEx today.  Just got a call from FedEx saying they will be delivered on Monday or even possibly Friday.  Time to get make room and get organized! 

Always used UPS in the past, thought I'd give FedEx a shot since it was less expensive.  Looks good so far!

Both of my last shipments I used FedEx.  Had problems with both from customs in the US.  Lost 8 days between the 2 batches.  The extra few $ for ups worth every penny in my opinion. 
legendary
legendary
Now that is fast delivery...

I got a present from BITMAIN just now!
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
If spondoolies was ever going to do something now would be the time.

Makes you wonder whether they were spooked by the same competitor that bitmain were worried about ... but were they, like bitmain, brave enough to place firm orders to have their chips fabricated?

More likely they didn't want to invest further in manufacturing current-gen technology whose bottom-end efficiency is pretty much on par with current or upcoming competition's stock efficiency, so they could put money into R&D for the next-gen stuff to actually compete directly with whoever Bitmain's worried about in another month or two.

Additionally, when factoring longevity into S5 calculations recall that BM1384 chips are rated to run around 0.25W/GH with sufficient undervolt/underclock. That takes the S5 from a 600W 1100GH machine to a 125W 500GH machine.
Did you ever get further into your project to make a DC/DC supply for the S5? I haven't updated the firmware on mine since I got it to see if the issues with running at reduced volts was a firmware limit, but I'd be interested to know if anyone's actually gotten them down to 9V stable.

Hi, would be interested in getting these lower for Summer and longer.  So a DC/DC supply would be great if the price works out. 

Have a question, but let me start by saying that I know nothing about pretty much everything so forgive me if the question is stupid.

I have read that the undervolt/underclock is not stable.  I am wondering is the issue possibly the controller board for these since they receive power from the Boards at a fixed voltage.  Could the Controller boards not be getting enough power and that is causing the stability issues?  Or could it be the fan drawing more power as the boards heat up? 
Activity: 311
I was told last night that DHGate order has most likely already shipped, and it's just taking time to hand update each account on DHGate with the tracking number. So hopefully when we get the tracking it'll be close to our doorsteps Smiley
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Ordered on Tuesday, shipped out FedEx today.  Just got a call from FedEx saying they will be delivered on Monday or even possibly Friday.  Time to get make room and get organized! 

Always used UPS in the past, thought I'd give FedEx a shot since it was less expensive.  Looks good so far!
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
is it possible to power an s5 with a 550W gold psu? Seasonic G-550 80+ Gold Modular

Hi, has anyone manage checkout on bitmaintech using USD?

I've had two customers buy S5's from me on eBay who said that thried and could not complete a USD purchase directly from Bitmain, tho i do not know the details why -- one also said he could not use his $400-off S4 coupon unless he paid with BTC.

-dave

yeap.. had to contact them directly to make the purchase

I used the USD option online and worked fine for me.  Just had to do the Wire transfer, which was difficult matching all required fields, but once sent they replied next day order accepted.  Shipped early and just got today.  So does work. 

ordered through DHGate. still waiting for shipment since monday...
legendary
One of mine is out on delivery for today WOOT!

Now waiting for the one from DHGATE.
is it possible to power an s5 with a 550W gold psu? Seasonic G-550 80+ Gold Modular

Hi, has anyone manage checkout on bitmaintech using USD?

I've had two customers buy S5's from me on eBay who said that thried and could not complete a USD purchase directly from Bitmain, tho i do not know the details why -- one also said he could not use his $400-off S4 coupon unless he paid with BTC.

-dave

yeap.. had to contact them directly to make the purchase

I used the USD option online and worked fine for me.  Just had to do the Wire transfer, which was difficult matching all required fields, but once sent they replied next day order accepted.  Shipped early and just got today.  So does work. 
As usual with Bitmain, we pre-ship again!  (Shipped Earlier than announced)

It was great getting the news that my S5 shipped before the 30th. However mine is being held up in customs. Fedex is asking for an FCC form 740. Any help with this would be great as I don't know any of the information they want on the form.

Sorry to hear.  I used UPS option and had no delays, got mine today.   You might try UPS next time if you order again. 

Found the form for you, hope that helps.  Looks like an FCC Form.  Good luck.  You might let FedEx know it is a computer and does not have any Radio functions. 

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fcc.gov%2FForms%2FForm740%2F740.pdf&ei=5pkTVZDFGsioogSNuYGIAQ&usg=AFQjCNFuZNF5yBt61-zXUeBJz239Y_HqgA&sig2=gEMAk1L3BLvNg8npXQaC0w&bvm=bv.89217033,bs.1,d.eXY
legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
Ah, finished my back room wiring to add an S5.  Just looked and it's in Anchorage.  Scheduled delivery tomorrow by end of day.  Happy with UPS!

Our s5s are riding together.

Same!

Mine is on sunny Miami atm... going to make the jump down south tonite prolly
legendary
Ah, finished my back room wiring to add an S5.  Just looked and it's in Anchorage.  Scheduled delivery tomorrow by end of day.  Happy with UPS!

Our s5s are riding together.

Same!
Jump to: