Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 128. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
question about these, i dont like how the top is all open, they will get very dusty after awhile.

if i cut some cardboard to fit the opening and tape it down.. making holes in it where the plugs go.. would that void the warranty at all?
would it cause any effects? the fan seems to blow enough air, so i dont think that will make them get hot?

it might even quiet it down some..

I did something like this with mine. I used a thin piece of plastic and trimmed up a top and side plates and taped it all together. I also set up my scythe grand flex pwm fans as push pull. I am running 64/65 temps and it seems just as quiet as my s3's. I will be testing other fan combinations over the next few days to see if I can get it under 60 and keep it quiet without underclocking. If anyone is interested I can post pics and results with what I find out.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
question about these, i dont like how the top is all open, they will get very dusty after awhile.

if i cut some cardboard to fit the opening and tape it down.. making holes in it where the plugs go.. would that void the warranty at all?
would it cause any effects? the fan seems to blow enough air, so i dont think that will make them get hot?

I doubt it will have any appreciable impact on the heat of the box.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Activity: 182
May the source be with you.
ThunderMine, Yep, this is obvious if you not first time buyer, this is from their cloud, i'm glad if i receive miner in working condition  Grin
Activity: 4
It appears Bitmain is shipping some used hardware as part of the Batch 5 units.  I just received 2 S5's and one of them has bent cooling fins on the bottom, and a considerable amount of dirt in the fan and cooling fins along with scratches on the sides of it.

I'm new to AntMiners, but my experience is not starting off as a good one with Bitmain if they ship obviously used hardware, while claiming it is new.
Asked this earlier but didn't see an answer;

Is there a way to change the mining speed/overclocking/fan speed via a cronjob like I do with my SP20 boxes?
Short answer - no.

Is there a long answer? :p
There just no crontab at all in firmware, and no space for additional software, i don't understand why they  used 256 mb flash , and left for /config only 20 mb, so we are limited to 20 mb firmware size.
And you simply can't control fan speed, also there is no possibility to change voltage, you must raise/lower input voltage to overclock/downclock. I'm kinda expert in s5 Cheesy
Maybe i can rebuild u-boot and change partition layout, but i need beaglebone black for experiments, and don't have money to buy them Sad

Is there a way to change the mining speed/overclocking/fan speed via a cronjob like I do with my SP20 boxes?
Short answer - no.

Is there a long answer? :p

Short answer - no.

lex_minutor, S2 based on beaglebone black too?
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
How about one for the S2? Nicehash has firmware for all antminers except S2 Smiley
Based on official firmware, with official cgminer source, with nicehash patch, repacked by me, no this is not official, i'm not working on bitmain. This firmware fully working, but you load it at your own risk.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
got my (2) S5's in the mail this morning and they are up and running smoothly now. Smiley thanks Bitmain

After about 3 hours I am tracking 2.1+ Th/s at only 1,050-1,065 watts at the wall for both S5's. All default settings so I am surprised I am getting better than advertised w/gh. Plus, I was nervous after seeing everyone talk about how loud they are but honestly I think they are more quite than my SP20E's and definitely more quite than my S4 was so I am all around happy.
Voltage settings doesn't work at all, this is only to silence errors in cgminer, to overclok you must raise voltage on psu. Formula is vin/15=onchip voltage. I run mine on 12.7 volts with 1.4 th/s with 800 watt at wall. PSU is dps-2000bb.
You can put 0725 value
Driveon, No problem  Smiley
Activity: 10
Based on official firmware, with official cgminer source, with nicehash patch, repacked by me, no this is not official, i'm not working on bitmain.

Sorry was not trying to offend.  

I like what you have done and will definitely update to it once my Warranty is over.  

Thanks for working so hard on this for the community.  Things like this make a good product even better.

Keep up the good work.  
Activity: 26
Digitalmocking, Just load it via web interface. Like regular bitmain update. Do not modify tar.gz archive.

What's up with the "Modify Voltage" settings under advanced configuration ?  Sample values please Smiley
Based on official firmware, with official cgminer source, with nicehash patch, repacked by me, no this is not official, i'm not working on bitmain. This firmware fully working, but you load it at your own risk.
Activity: 10
Digitalmocking, Just load it via web interface. Like regular bitmain update. Do not modify tar.gz archive.

Is this official firmware or only for people that don't have concerns about Warranty should use? 

Thanks Smit!
Hi,

If anyone is interested, here is updated firmware for AntMiner S5 with extranonce.subscribe support and fresh cgminer version:

AntMiner S5:
https://www.nicehash.com/download/AntMiner-S5-SD-firmware_cgminer_4.9.0_nicehash_and_performance_graph.tar.gz
(There is some additional features in S5 firmware, performance graphs like on sp20e, they can be accesed by pointing browser to http://miner_ip/cgi-bin/graph.rrd)

Example of s5 performance graph:
http://smit1237.asuscomm.com:8080/img/graph.png

Details explained here: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=software#asic, firmware was prepared by smit1237 (thanks!).

Kind regards,
NiceHash.com

There's no readme file in the S5 package, this is my first S5 so I don't want to damage it, do you have a link to the upgrade documentation?
Jump to: