Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 145. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Just tried to create a support ticket for the 3rd time.  Love that it tells me to contact support Smiley

Bitmain, would you check on order 00120150312162546778V6qHj1G20656.

Thanks,
B.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
I see some sort of quick resolution to your problem. Doesn't help what has happened and the damage it has done to the Bitmain name.
BitmainWarranty was nice enough to reach out via PM, and asked me to provide a PDF of the order to Yoshi (areyoufuckingserious?!yeahletmejumpthroughmorehoops) to resolve the order at $320 per unit.

Too little too late at this point, TBH.

Smiley

EDIT: FWIW, it was order 00120150309145955326seiP366P067D

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
Yes, we are manually catching up the unconfirmed orders.  If the payment shows in the BlockChian, your order is secure.  Please wait for us to catch up to it.

thank you

Can you go over to the S4 thread and answer my question please?
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Yes, we are manually catching up the unconfirmed orders.  If the payment shows in the BlockChian, your order is secure.  Please wait for us to catch up to it.

thank you
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
They're still having payment processing issues, but support did respond quickly about my order and said it would be processed by hand.
Activity: 924
That is some serious BS service there Xian01.
Has Yoshi been informed and have you got any relief?
No. Didn't pursue the issue any further after rage-deleting the ticket.

Too irritated with Bitmain to deal with them right now. I'm really torn on doing any more business with them moving forward. Wrote them a particularly blunt PM over their pricing shenanigans and should probably just leave it at that.

Love my two B1 S5's, but damn have Bitmain's business practices taken a turn for the worse since then Sad Was hoping to pick up two more at $320 when they launched to tinker with different fans, but then, well... the shenanigans happened.

I'm waiting for the seemingly inevitable day when they go full KNC or Bitfury...

Crystal Ball...

I see some sort of quick resolution to your problem. Doesn't help what has happened and the damage it has done to the Bitmain name.

legendary
Christian Antkow
No. Didn't pursue the issue any further after rage-deleting the ticket.

Too irritated with Bitmain to deal with them right now. I'm really torn on doing any more business with them moving forward. Wrote them a particularly blunt PM over their pricing shenanigans and should probably just leave it at that.

Love my two B1 S5's, but damn have Bitmain's business practices taken a turn for the worse since then Sad Was hoping to pick up two more at $320 when they launched to tinker with different fans, but then, well... the shenanigans happened.

I'm waiting for the seemingly inevitable day when they go full KNC or Bitfury...

Activity: 924
That's what I'm talking about. Some useful information given out without the use of emoticons. I would call this professional. Thanks.

I placed a SWIFT order for 2 x S5's @ $320 when they first were released as B5, then sent a support ticket asking for the order to be converted to a BTC purchase after the pricing shenanigans.

The support response was, I shit you not, "Please place a new order Smiley" (... yeah, lemme go ahead and do that at your price-gouging $419 offering with your shit-eating grin there... not...)

The smiley face made me rage-delete the support ticket and curse loudly - wanted to reach through the monitor to slap whoever was on the other side for being so utterly useless and callous.

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
S7...  S6 is not even out yet!  Going Strong with S5 in June!

Please Buy more S5 to fund S6 Grin

It was nice while it lasted.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
Currently we are again under DDOS.  The Bitcoin Payment Confirmation on our server is taking longer than expected.  All paid order will be manually processed.  Please wait 24-48 hours to have your order status updated.

Thank you

--------------------------------------------------------
DDOS Status: Under Attack (but Servers are up)

Thanks for the update on this. It is kind of stressful to have sent BTC for an order that shows unpaid but in fact you did haha
donator
S7...  S6 is not even out yet!  Going Strong with S5 in June!

Please Buy more S5 to fund S6 Grin
legendary
Activity: 1876

Hello bitmain.. sorry to hear about the DDos 's..

Is there any more information on the S7? is there and S7 thread that I cant find?
donator
Currently we are again under DDOS.  The Bitcoin Payment Confirmation on our server is taking longer than expected.  All paid order will be manually processed.  Please wait 24-48 hours to have your order status updated.

Thank you

DDOS Status: Under Attack (but Servers are up)

legendary
Activity: 910
I too just sent in a support request for a purchase that isnt reflecting my payment. This is the first time Bitmain has messed up an order of mine. I hope they fix it quickly!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
@OpenToe

Yoshi asked us to post this for you and others who need this info.

This is the fan spec for S5

Dimension: 120*120*38mm
Voltage: 12V
Start voltage: ≧8V (Power ON/OFF)
Power consumption: 1600RPM 1.68W / 4000RPM 25.8W
Rated current: DutyCycle 100% @ 2.15A
Air Flow: 4000RPM @ 178.3CFM (Max be 239CFM)
Noise: 4000RPM @ 56.7 dB-A (Measured in a Non-EchoChamber)
Life Expectancy: 40,000 hrs @ 25℃  (May degrade faster at higher temperature)
Connector: 2510-4P

you can use alternative fans, but please remember, that will void your warranty.  When you consider other fans, please pay close attention to the Voltage, RPM, CFM and the power connector!!!

S2, S3, S4, S5 and C1 fans will soon be available for sale from USA. 

Also, Bitmain does not endorse any third party solutions, however, CryptoGlance is a nice status reporting system Yoshi even uses time to time as well as M's Miner.  (Both solution works for any CGMINER API enabled Bitcoin Miners.

M's Miner Monitor can also interact with the miners and it is not just the status monitoring system.

CryptoGlance: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptoglance-v21-open-source-self-hosted-multi-rig-monitoring-tool-569924
M's Miner Monitor: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ms-miner-antsp-monitor-v52-alertsautomassscheduled-rebootmobile-miner-596178

Thank you very much!
donator
For support like that, you can send it to support (at) bitmain.zendesk DOT COM  

1 request

Please keep a request to 1 destination.  If you send the email to [email protected], keep it that way, and if you send the email to [email protected], keep it there and if you submitted the ticket to support @ bitmain . zendesk . com then keep it there to avoid delay or being consolidated them back to the original contact.

Support (At) Bitmain.Zen side is usually staffed 24/7, someone will get back to you as the tech or support staffs catch up to the ticket

DDOS Status: Passport Server is DOWN
legendary
Christian Antkow
That's what I'm talking about. Some useful information given out without the use of emoticons. I would call this professional. Thanks.

I placed a SWIFT order for 2 x S5's @ $320 when they first were released as B5, then sent a support ticket asking for the order to be converted to a BTC purchase after the pricing shenanigans.

The support response was, I shit you not, "Please place a new order Smiley" (... yeah, lemme go ahead and do that at your price-gouging $419 offering with your shit-eating grin there... not...)

The smiley face made me rage-delete the support ticket and curse loudly - wanted to reach through the monitor to slap whoever was on the other side for being so utterly useless and callous.

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
@OpenToe

you can use alternative fans, but please remember, that will void your warranty.  When you consider other fans, please pay close attention to the Voltage, RPM, CFM and the power connector!!!

Also, Bitmain does not endorse any third party solutions, however, CryptoGlance is a nice status reporting system Yoshi even uses time to time as well as M's Miner.  (Both solution works for any CGMINER API enabled Bitcoin Miners.

M's Miner Monitor can also interact with the miners and it is not just the status monitoring system.

CryptoGlance: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptoglance-v21-open-source-self-hosted-multi-rig-monitoring-tool-569924
M's Miner Monitor: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ms-miner-antsp-monitor-v52-alertsautomassscheduled-rebootmobile-miner-596178

donator
@OpenToe

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
They are sitting on a flat surface already. I guess I can try taping the bottom and top heatsinks and see what happens. I do like to keep them running at 60 or below, since we really don't know the real temp of the ASIC chips. Do you know the max temps of the ASIC chips on there? The sustained temp?

S5s are happy up to about 70-72, then personally I get a bit iffy. If the safety cutoff (with plenty of in built margin) is 80C, then we should not have a problem at 70C.

Anyone know the model of the stock S5 fan? Also, do they make a PWM adapter that goes between the fan and connection to undervolt/clock the fan a little? The fan is working too hard, temps are 49-50, I could lower the RPMs a little to get it a little quieter. Also, how many watts/amps/volts can we pull from the fan connections on the controller board? The fan on there must be pulling like 4-5 watts, right?

I've asked for the spec sheet but unable to get anything out, the last one I saw didn't have a name on it. What I do know is that the stock fan uses 1A+ so there's plenty of capacity. I've asked again. Edit: Parameters are here: https://i.imgur.com/fvqHojq.png. Note the rated current (max) is at 4400 RPM and 8V, so its more likely around 1.2A at 12V at 4000 RPM.

you can change the subject line at least temporarily Smiley

A better solution would be they lower the price back down.

Requested it be changed, I'll check back on it in a few days if its not moved. Edit: Its changed.
Jump to: