Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 144. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Holy cow, people.  Overreact much?  So they used an emoticon on an online forum, you think this reflects poorly on them as a business?  Get over yourselves.  You all are the same people that I see day after day getting pissed off and supposedly fed up with the littlest things that have no bearing whatsoever on your life.

Maybe if you used emoticons in your professional lives more often you'd be less uptight.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Colorado

That explains a lot.

*** Emoticon will continue to be used under this account.  This is a community forum and the MOD placed the emoticon to be used.  It is not simply the business communication platform.

Gun stores provide Guns and ammo. Does that mean that I should start shooting up the place because they made the guns and ammo available to be used? There's a time and place for everything. I feel as a representative of a business you should not be using them. I own a small online store. I have 8 people working for me. Two of them work the different social media outlets. I would fire them if they used emoticons. When they respond to customers to address a problem or explain a product or anything else they represent my company. On their own facebook or twitter accounts I don't care what they choose to post. Now, if my business was to make and sell emoticons, then I would emoticon every post or update I made, but I don't, so I don't. I would like for my customers if they do run into a problem with my product to believe that they could contact me and get the problem resolved, instead of asking for help and getting  Grin Grin Grin as a response.

But you know it's just my opinion. I have no confidence in clowns, and that is what I feel your portraying Bitmain Tech as. Until I see a change I will not place any orders with Bitmain, because if for any reason I do have an issue with their product I don't want  Grin Grin Grin as a response to me losing money.

I have said my peace and will not make any further comments on this issue. Yes, it is an issue whether you believe it to be or not. I know some people are placing orders with Bitmain because they are the only one taking orders right now. I hope no has any problems with the equipment they have ordered. good luck to everyone in their mining adventures.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
3700 Quebec Street
Unit 100-239
Denver, Colorado 80207

This is a little mail box that S3 control PCB in a small box won't even fit.  Just one of the cluster mailboxes out for rent.

This is a building that house Panera Bread and UPS Store.  

Many other Bitcoin Companies in Colorado actually use this physical address except everyone's Unit100-xxx be different

P.S:

Also, now there is a walk-in drop off and pickup is available for Bitmain Product Warranty Services at below address

Denver Bitcoin Center
747 Sheridan Blvd #5b, Lakewood, CO 80214
(720) 441-3388

*It can be dropped off virtually 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Prefer 8am-10pm range, so the local hardcore mining guys and gal can utilize it before or after work, without worrying about missing the work day.

With an advanced appointment, you can always meet our techs who work on your miner.

Denver is the hub for internationally located staffs and techs who answer telephone, live chat, tickets and some invoicing issues if you or your business have a must reason to purchase the hardware within the continental USA.  Warranty Parts are globally positioned and managed from Denver to better serve you no matter where you are.  (And better yet, it is operational 24 hours a day on most of the part of the year including the national holiday)

*** Emoticon will continue to be used under this account.  This is a community forum and the MOD placed the emoticon to be used.  It is not simply the business communication platform.

Same way in Maryland  kind of or same set up . you can use the post office here 24/7 and they do drop boxes all most the same or similar in Maryland.
Activity: 112
This may have been covered somewhere in this thread, but it is the first time I've had to use it so here goes:
Why does the S5 ship with the cgminer API privelleges turned on by default? Or, is it the case that being on a home / private network there are no access /security issues that can be borne out of that setting being turned on? For what its worth, both th S3 and S1 shipped with the privelleged access tuned off.

it's strange i know and you really can't turn it off on a S5 unless you use a modded firmware it may be safer to leave it on . or you can turn it off but if you reboot or turn off the S5 it comes back on not sure if that's a bug or not .some one said i read some place you can't because they use the same memory used in SSD with the S5 and up .
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
This may have been covered somewhere in this thread, but it is the first time I've had to use it so here goes:
Why does the S5 ship with the cgminer API privelleges turned on by default? Or, is it the case that being on a home / private network there are no access /security issues that can be borne out of that setting being turned on? For what its worth, both th S3 and S1 shipped with the privelleged access tuned off.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
3700 Quebec Street
Unit 100-239
Denver, Colorado 80207

This is a little mail box that S3 control PCB in a small box won't even fit.  Just one of the cluster mailboxes out for rent.

This is a building that house Panera Bread and UPS Store.  

Many other Bitcoin Companies in Colorado actually use this physical address except everyone's Unit100-xxx be different

P.S:

Also, now there is a walk-in drop off and pickup is available for Bitmain Product Warranty Services at below address

Denver Bitcoin Center
747 Sheridan Blvd #5b, Lakewood, CO 80214
(720) 441-3388

*It can be dropped off virtually 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Prefer 8am-10pm range, so the local hardcore mining guys and gal can utilize it before or after work, without worrying about missing the work day.

With an advanced appointment, you can always meet our techs who work on your miner.

Denver is the hub for internationally located staffs and techs who answer telephone, live chat, tickets and some invoicing issues if you or your business have a must reason to purchase the hardware within the continental USA.  Warranty Parts are globally positioned and managed from Denver to better serve you no matter where you are.  (And better yet, it is operational 24 hours a day on most of the part of the year including the national holiday)

*** Emoticon will continue to be used under this account.  This is a community forum and the MOD placed the emoticon to be used.  It is not simply the business communication platform.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
First, shut up. Stop hanging on every little word one guy says in the hopes you can call him out on insignificant crap, and try to actually help people when they have questions instead. Say something productive, or at least germane to the conversation.

Second, coincidence or not, what matters is that Bitmain's warranty office still exists and actually responds to problems in a timely manner. Maybe they put the office next to Minersource because it's roughly centrally located on the continent and near to the largest distributor on the continent, but that doesn't matter anymore with Minersource moved off and gone silent. As long as they're still fulfilling the needs of the people, who cares who used to be in the office next door?
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
Welcome to dogietalk.bs
...it just is / was a coincidence they were in the same complex / business park thing.

If you seriously think that, you're even more stupid than you make out.........

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Isn't the warranty return address the same address as Minersource?

Better not be,you'll be sending a miner to a "blackhole"  Cry

No it is not.

They were both located in the same complex if I am not mistaken until minersource ran off with peoples money and miners.

That is correct, it just is / was a coincidence they were in the same complex / business park thing.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
@Ilan123, I put 2 delta fans on and it is rather quite now, running at 54-56c with an RPM at 2880 for both fans when I last looked. I don't have the P/N with me right now though. My SP20's are about 70db and the S5 about 60db with the new fans. It was louder than my other units before the change but I did not take a reading. Others have the stock db level from the S5 units here though. I will get particulars later like ambient room temp and the P/N for the fans later today.
Fan: Delta AFC1212DE, 12vdc, 1.6A, 3900 RPM, 192.96CFM, 51 dBA, 120mm x120mm x 38mm or equivalent. These came out of some old Dell desktops, Dell P/N: Y4574. Right now room temp 26.1C, blades at 57-55 with the fans at 3K and 3120.

Here is a video with the delta fans installed on the S5. I am using my SP20s for reference. This video was taken with my phone.http://vid1284.photobucket.com/albums/a568/rponce454/MINER%20SOUND-Small_zpsyi3zjhtk.mp4
Activity: 924

Better not be,you'll be sending a miner to a "blackhole"  Cry

No it is not.

They were both located in the same complex if I am not mistaken until minersource ran off with peoples money and miners.

If you want to track down minersource then go to oregonminer they know where Matt Carson is.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Wink

Seriously? I have lost all respect for bitmain as a company. Is it being run by a bunch of guys in high school? No, really I want to know. Go to a local business school and ask one of the professors if emoticons are a proper form of communication for a business. If you want to emoticon text messages to your friends until you wear out your phone, go ahead no one cares what you and your friends do. This is a business. Can you please start treating it like one?

Cultural differences
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Email Janet ([email protected]) about chip purchases. She's dealt with me professionally so far, and I don't think I've seen any emoticons. Just actual answers to questions.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Wink

Seriously? I have lost all respect for bitmain as a company. Is it being run by a bunch of guys in high school? No, really I want to know. Go to a local business school and ask one of the professors if emoticons are a proper form of communication for a business. If you want to emoticon text messages to your friends until you wear out your phone, go ahead no one cares what you and your friends do. This is a business. Can you please start treating it like one?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

Better not be,you'll be sending a miner to a "blackhole"  Cry
legendary
Activity: 910
Sem
Activity: 93
to BITMAIN

Do you selling chips? I'm interested to buy bm1384.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C
.....to resolve the order at $320 per unit.

I would have considered buying a few at that price - but not now.

I missed the few seconds before they went up...... Cheesy Tongue
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Sales team was notified of your Order ID: 00120150312162546778V6qHj1G20656

Please wait for 24-48 hours to manually modify the status!

If the blockchain shows it was paid, your BTC is good!

Jump to: