Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 143. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
So, your purchase isn't actually a sale?

Wait a minute. Okay, I'm forgetting one important thing. They're pre-selling stock they won't be shipping for another couple weeks. If they were shipping orders as they came in you'd have no grounds for compensation. But yeah, since they won't be shipping ANY orders until later, and a $320 order will ship at the same time as a $419 order and a $369 order and all coming from the same batch, yeah that's a bit screwy and they oughtta do something about it.

Apologies for your spike in blood pressure, good sir.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
amazon and others show you what they want YOU to see, and believe me, so many of us are overpaying...
Example#1: I was shopping on AMZN for turbotax home (because Intuit crippled Deluxe). price was $79 one day, then $80.84 once I "searched" twice for the same term-I guess they thought that I am hooked..I skipped. Same day from another computer-$48. Amazon is trying to make you pay extra ALL the time and they have lots of tools.
example#2: Every freaking time in the years past when I tried to buy an airplane ticket, in the last minute expedia tried to say that they misteriously run out of this specific ticket/price-would you like to pay $10 more. I ALWAYS canceled their "enhanced" ticket in such cases, so they ask less recently, but someone is either too gullable or don't care-so they continue.
As you said, worst case is you can cancel or return purchases, that isn't available with BTC and instead we have to depend on equitable policy on the part of the vendor.  I'm having a hard time recognizing that with Bitmain.

What main street do you shop on? Because I gotta agree with the guy what with the gas station example, that's not how it works literally everywhere I shop.

When you bought at $419, did you buy knowing you'd need the additional $50 in hardware? I know it's pretty much pointless to argue on the internet because everyone is always right and always wrong simultaneously, but you gotta admit you did agree to buy them at the list price. It would be mighty friendly of Bitmain to make good to the people that bought at the exhorbitant price instead of the slightly less exhorbitant price, and apparently they feel they're doing so by offering coupons. That's technically more than they're required to do. The only thing they're required to do is ship you the stuff you ordered.

And remember the first rule of bitcoin - only invest money you're willing to lose.
Since you're clearly not reading my previous responses, this is the last time I respond to you.
1)  The gas station example dealt specifically with a sale -- your echo is invalid.
2)  I said I own four (including the two ordered), clearly I know about the additional $50, I've done this before.
3)  Mainstreet is mainstreet and Bitmain clearly isn't it.  Nor is BTC it from appearances.
4)  That rule remark is another misstatement. It regards investment, not goods.

Goodbye!
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Think of Amazon and how their changes their prices every few minutes, only the other week I ordered something then it dropped $5. I'm not entitled to compensation. And its not a lottery, the price you see is the price you pay should you choose to buy. Customers were complaining the price was too high, and so it was lowered. If we all tried to set a price at once or kept it level or moved it up and down willy nilly then we'd get nowhere. 467,149 cooks spoil the broth.

Last week demonstrated the Bitmain price to be a lottery for sure, the variable being which day/hour you purchase!

I've ordered many an item from Amazon, and the price variation is very small, though admittedly fun to shoot for the low.  $50 out of $420 isn't small!  Multiply by two and it's a major hit.  Purchase by any other means at any mainstreet store, and you'd receive a refund for the difference!  Of course, by your opinion, Bitmain should be exempt (must be nice to have your financial resources).

amazon and others show you what they want YOU to see, and believe me, so many of us are overpaying...
Example#1: I was shopping on AMZN for turbotax home (because Intuit crippled Deluxe). price was $79 one day, then $80.84 once I "searched" twice for the same term-I guess they thought that I am hooked..I skipped. Same day from another computer-$48. Amazon is trying to make you pay extra ALL the time and they have lots of tools.
example#2: Every freaking time in the years past when I tried to buy an airplane ticket, in the last minute expedia tried to say that they misteriously run out of this specific ticket/price-would you like to pay $10 more. I ALWAYS canceled their "enhanced" ticket in such cases, so they ask less recently, but someone is either too gullable or don't care-so they continue.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
DHGATE Quantity is currently limited to 2 units per order.

PR: S5 Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssBLA2nXbvU

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Also, for those of you who request to purchase the S5 via Credit Card, you can do so DIRECTLY from BITMAIN at one of the china's largest online retail market called DHGATE.  URL is

http://www.dhgate.com/product/bitmain-antminer-s5-1155gh-s-0-51j-g-batch/216320560.html

REMEMBER : The quantity can't exceed the maximum order (Max. Order =2)
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
quick update as we are receiving many inquires right now.

Some of the orders paid by Bitcoin, we received the payment and your order, however, the User Interface side is not reflecting the change to "PAID" status.

Please check the blockchain for the Bitcoin Payment Status.  If it is confirmed on the blcokchain, your order is valid and good.  Those orders will be manually processed by the sales team in the next several days.

If you are worried, then please submit a support ticket, or simply wait for a few days and check back the system again.

Also, for those of you who request to purchase the S5 via Credit Card, you can do so DIRECTLY from BITMAIN at one of the china's largest online retail market called DHGATE.  URL is

http://www.dhgate.com/product/bitmain-antminer-s5-1155gh-s-0-51j-g-batch/216320560.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------
DDOS Status: Web Services are back in Service!
legendary
What main street do you shop on? Because I gotta agree with the guy what with the gas station example, that's not how it works literally everywhere I shop.

When you bought at $419, did you buy knowing you'd need the additional $50 in hardware? I know it's pretty much pointless to argue on the internet because everyone is always right and always wrong simultaneously, but you gotta admit you did agree to buy them at the list price. It would be mighty friendly of Bitmain to make good to the people that bought at the exhorbitant price instead of the slightly less exhorbitant price, and apparently they feel they're doing so by offering coupons. That's technically more than they're required to do. The only thing they're required to do is ship you the stuff you ordered.

And remember the first rule of bitcoin - only invest money you're willing to lose.
I think that people need a situation with a healthy competition, otherwise it all comes to bickering on price.
I also think that a 5Th 1000w machine at a reasonable price would be nice (Or 6th at 1200w).
A machine that does not produce more than 60-65db of noise.
Valid point!  A problem with buying an S5 is I have to invest an additional $50 in two S3 fans and two 6" PWM adapters in order to make the noise livable.  To be hit for an additional $50 relative to the current price from Bitmain is far from a charming eventuality.

PS.  $50 is not bickering to me, it's serious money!

I've never seen someone get a price difference refund that wasn't the vendor deciding to be nice. It's not required. You agreed to buy at $419 so they charge you $419. The guy having issues when he bought at $320 and they're asking him to resubmit his sale at the $369 price has the same problem - he's unwilling to purchase at $369 because they agreed to sell at $320. Just like he shouldn't be asked to pay the difference for their price change after his purchase, you shouldn't be asking to pay the (negative) difference for their price change after your purchase. All Bitmain is required to do is honor the transaction as it was made. I agree the price sucks balls but it's the price both parties agreed to.
As I said to Dogie, that is not the way mainstreet works.  If that's BTC reality, then forget about general populace acceptance of BTC.
If anyone except Dogie had applied the same logic, would you have reacted in the same way?
Yes!
legendary
I've never seen someone get a price difference refund that wasn't the vendor deciding to be nice. It's not required. You agreed to buy at $419 so they charge you $419. The guy having issues when he bought at $320 and they're asking him to resubmit his sale at the $369 price has the same problem - he's unwilling to purchase at $369 because they agreed to sell at $320. Just like he shouldn't be asked to pay the difference for their price change after his purchase, you shouldn't be asking to pay the (negative) difference for their price change after your purchase. All Bitmain is required to do is honor the transaction as it was made. I agree the price sucks balls but it's the price both parties agreed to.

If anyone except Dogie had applied the same logic, would you have reacted in the same way? Hating on someone for occasionally being right even if it hurts your feelings is stupid.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
I think that people need a situation with a healthy competition, otherwise it all comes to bickering on price.
I also think that a 5Th 1000w machine at a reasonable price would be nice (Or 6th at 1200w).
A machine that does not produce more than 60-65db of noise.
Think of Amazon and how their changes their prices every few minutes, only the other week I ordered something then it dropped $5. I'm not entitled to compensation. And its not a lottery, the price you see is the price you pay should you choose to buy. Customers were complaining the price was too high, and so it was lowered. If we all tried to set a price at once or kept it level or moved it up and down willy nilly then we'd get nowhere. 467,149 cooks spoil the broth.

Last week demonstrated the Bitmain price to be a lottery for sure, the variable being which day/hour you purchase!

I've ordered many an item from Amazon, and the price variation is very small, though admittedly fun to shoot for the low.  $50 out of $420 isn't small!  Multiply by two and it's a major hit.  Purchase by any other means at any mainstreet store, and you'd receive a refund for the difference!  Of course, by your opinion, Bitmain should be exempt (must be nice to have your financial resources).
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Exactly the attitude that makes BTC appear supremely suspect as a medium of commerce.
Its nothing to do with Bitcoin, see Amazon.com example below.

Guess I was wrong Dogie, you are purely a lackey of Bitmain!
I'm giving you my opinion, not Bitmain's. You don't have to agree with it.

The coupon can only be sold at a significant discount
You can get near face value for the voucher, just list it for sale.

it's a lottery on the price, and expect limited value for any compensation you can't make use of

You agreed to $419 when you purchased the items, the price the day before, the day after or any other day is irrelevent to your agreement. Anyway, Bitmain offering coupons - which are a gift and not a requirement - are as good as cash. You can sell those coupons to others if you don't want to use them yourself.
Exactly the attitude that makes BTC appear supremely suspect as a medium of commerce.  The recipient clearly has no responsibility to provide equitable value!  It was Bitmain that recognized the correct market price was actually $369, I'm part of that market!   Further, the coupon can only be sold at a significant discount, so basically, when buying from Bitmain, it's a lottery on the price, and expect limited value for any compensation you can't make use of.  Guess I was wrong Dogie, you are purely a lackey of Bitmain!
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
i had this same problem last week at my local gas station.. i filled up my car almost 45$ worth of gas, the next day i drove by the place and gas had went down nearly 10c..
also last month, i got a few dress shirts from my local suit store. the next week they went on buy one get 2 free..

of course when i went in , they wouldn't give me my money back..

so um.. its common practice for business to not refund when things go on sale.
The dumbest post I've read in ages.  I'm duly impressed!  The $369 is not a "sale" price, it's their latest adjusted standard price.

You agreed to $419 when you purchased the items, the price the day before, the day after or any other day is irrelevent to your agreement. Anyway, Bitmain offering coupons - which are a gift and not a requirement - are as good as cash. You can sell those coupons to others if you don't want to use them yourself.
i had this same problem last week at my local gas station.. i filled up my car almost 45$ worth of gas, the next day i drove by the place and gas had went down nearly 10c..
also last month, i got a few dress shirts from my local suit store. the next week they went on buy one get 2 free..

The dumbest post I've read in ages.  I'm duly impressed!  The $369 is not a "sale" price, it's their latest adjusted standard price.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
emoticons professional

Especially when you're being bent over a barrel with pricing shenanigans, and ineffective responses to support tickets.
I don't care about emoticons, but I do care about jacking the price around and then refusing to refund the difference resulting from my BTC order being the day before the ensuing price drop.  If I accepted biting the bullet on paying the $419, then Bitmain has no business refusing to refund the difference at $369.  What good are two coupons that require another dual S5 purchase given:

1) My plans include no further S5 purchases (have four including the two just ordered).
2) I have no more BTC at this time (I'm a fixed income home miner, not a data center).
3) The coupons are only good for about half a month.

What kind of reputable business doesn't honor its own pricing?  Since when does a limited time/limited target coupon equal refund?  If the price difference were even held in account, it would be something, but these damn coupons are useless to me.  Bend over is right!

emoticons professional

Especially when you're being bent over a barrel with pricing shenanigans, and ineffective responses to support tickets.
I don't care about emoticons, but I do care about jacking the price around and then refusing to refund the difference resulting from my BTC order being the day before the ensuing price drop.  If I accepted biting the bullet on paying the $419, then Bitmain has no business refusing to refund the difference at $369.  What good are two coupons that require another dual S5 purchase given:

1) My plans include no further S5 purchases (have four including the two just ordered).
2) I have no more BTC at this time (I'm a fixed income home miner, not a data center).
3) The coupons are only good for about half a month.

What kind of reputable business doesn't honor its own pricing?  Since when does a limited time/limited target coupon equal refund?  If the price difference were even held in account, it would be something, but these damn coupons are useless to me.  Bend over is right!
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Gun stores provide Guns and ammo. Does that mean that I should start shooting up the place because they made the guns and ammo available to be used?

You also get storms, thunderstorms, snowstorms, icestorms, cyclones, hurricanes, blizzards etc
But did you know there is something known to man by the name of a storm in a teacup? To be fair, I've never heard of a cyclone in a teacup and neither a hurricane in a teacup nor a blizzard in a teacup.

I've just added a thermalright TR TY-143 fan in a pull configuration (with blue wire hack aka full pelt) in conjuction with a stock S3 fan in push (PWM) and been running for just over 3hrs. Seems to be holding well overclocked to 412 temps 50,53. The thermalright's specs are 600-2500 rpm, 31-133 CFM and 21-45 dBA (so by my hack I am running it at the top end of those specs .... though despite the hack cgminer api reports an RPM of between 2280 and 2400).
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
Maybe if you used emoticons in your professional lives more often you'd be less uptight.

emoticons professional

Activity: 556
Merit: 500
My BTC.02:
I agree that the communication from Bitmain is unprofessional overall but I'm willing to overlook it for the small transactions I do with them.

However, when I send my S5 back for repair to the CO location 2 months ago the turnaround was fast (sent on Monday had it back by Friday or Sat) and the unit now works perfectly.

While I don't know what happened to Minersource, a couple months ago when I could not get my Ant U3 unit working and Bitmain would not RMA it because I didn't buy it from them, the Minersource guys stepped up and sent me 2 new units for free. That's outstanding.
Jump to: