Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 140. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
You can always buy in large bulk and resell them, however, due to the volatile hardware price and BTC price, higher risk of sustaining the loss if you can't clear the in-hand stock fast enough...

so far, no new Algo.  S5 will be the primary miner still in June of this year.

Well I might consider buying but sill looking into the loud optinos you now. Is the contracts or hash lifetime until one sells it on in house exchange or is it limited time contracts or good to go. As if I buy equipment then the only problems  I have is 1 cos 2 shipping 3 import tax and 4 energy used and going of today's figures would be bare almost imposable brake even or cover costs.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
You can always buy in large bulk and resell them, however, due to the volatile hardware price and BTC price, higher risk of sustaining the loss if you can't clear the in-hand stock fast enough...

so far, no new Algo.  S5 will be the primary miner still in June of this year.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Bitmain need to develop into other algos besides SHA should of continued the adventure with your scrypt miners and then worked on newer algos. Wish prices where good for me on energy as  I would be looking into the newer amtminers shame cost to equipment to energy used and shipping tax would  never brake even. Does Bitmain have any other distributors across the world or it just subject to one site and no more resellers etc?
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
March 30th batch has extremely limited quantity left that is why the Coupon Validity is only until March 25th.  After this batch is sold out, the next available S5 be in June of 2015.

Yeah I ordered last week too, at the higher price.  They did however, send me a coupon (for S5, spend before 3.25.15 , lol).  I'm not complaining, better to have a coupon than no coupon, but I kinda wish they had let us know what the deal was with coupons this time around (batch).
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Yeah I ordered last week too, at the higher price.  They did however, send me a coupon (for S5, spend before 3.25.15 , lol).  I'm not complaining, better to have a coupon than no coupon, but I kinda wish they had let us know what the deal was with coupons this time around (batch).
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
I've received a few PM's regarding my coupon. At this time I am slightly more interested in acquiring additional coupons but if I don't get any takers I will get rid of mine before it expires.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
or is that pegging their rig pricing on BTC rather than US $
They price in USD.  You can see the BTC amount vary over time with the USD amount staying the same (except for when they adjust that because reasons).

While the final price is in USD, they also consider BTC ROI in coming up with the USD price.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Anyone with S5 coupons they'd want off their hands? PM please.... or send to bitcointalk id: pekatete
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Interesting.  I went to buy an S5.  Delayed a bit and had to try again.  Price went up in terms of Bitcoins as the value was dropping.  So, I quickly sent the increased BTC amount from Coinbase and it shows completed.  But, on the Bitmain website the purchase shows expired!

The order shows created at 2015-03-18 17:55:10.0 on Bitmain.  Coinbase shows completed at March 18, 2015 13:57 EDT.

I believe I made the purchase within a couple of minutes of observing the increased price. 

And I've already bought the power supplies.

Anyone had any experience getting a btc refund from Bitmain?  These aren't shipping until March 30 and I expect Bitcoin to take a spring rise - on the other hand buying now and knowing the sale when thru would allow timely preparation.

Don't worry, the site's status isn't updating properly, even when your order is fine. Everything is normal, nothing to worry about.

When I have mine in hand and hashing everything will be fine. Until then, not so much Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
340usd per unit?
https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020150303095018716e2uWKIA70662
Is this regular Bitmain price or what? Yesterday was around 380 usd?

Now we need two things: 290+ USD exchange ratio and some news about next generation of Bitmain equipment...

I should of waited to place my orders GRRRRRRR!
So if we ordered at higher than the $340 price point will we get coupons? Smiley haha

I ordered at a higher price and just got a $54 usd coupon for the S5.

Who did you contact to get the coupon? I ordered (2) S5's at a higher price last week.

I emailed support yesterday and just told them I wanted the difference refunded since my order has not shipped yet. They responded this morning with the coupon. ([email protected])
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
So if we ordered at higher than the $340 price point will we get coupons? Smiley haha

Who did you contact to get the coupon? I ordered (2) S5's at a higher price last week.

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
Activity: 686
FUN > ROI
or is that pegging their rig pricing on BTC rather than US $
They price in USD.  You can see the BTC amount vary over time with the USD amount staying the same (except for when they adjust that because reasons).
Activity: 518
340usd per unit?
https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020150303095018716e2uWKIA70662

Now we need two things: 290+ USD exchange ratio and some news about next generation of Bitmain equipment...

May be $340 but it also is BTC 1.34 ..... when it was first returned, $320 equated to around BTC 1.12, so bitmain have rightly adjusted the price in BTC (or is that pegging their rig pricing on BTC rather than US $ ?)
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
340usd per unit?

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
I can almost afford one, except post will kill me, then the conversion will throw salt into the wounds.
Activity: 303
Merit: 105
340usd per unit?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
Dogie, I read your setup page of the S5 and this is a quote from that setup guide:

"What temperatures should I aim for?   - Try and achieve <50 for best hash rates, and <60 for long lifetimes. Temperatures should not
be let to rise above 80C."

This confuses me. Even the stock fan at pretty low ambient temps can't keep the S5 less than 50c.  How would one even obtain <50c? Then I saw in another post you wrote that running the S5 24/7 at 65c is just fine and would be no problem. Can we get a confirmation from BitmainWarranty on the optimal running temps of the S5? There must be three temp sensors onboard, since CryptoGlance reports three different temp readings. I just want to make sure we all know the operating range of temps of this unit when so many have been reported.

Thanks!
Jump to: