Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 168. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 543
Merit: 500
I had another S5 loose a blade on Sunday (2nd one that has failed in the 30 days I've had them). I tried using a different power supply and also moving the cables to the other port on the controller but it's still going all xxx's. I'm not overclocking, just running stock settings. I emailed Bitmain support but only got one response asking what kind of power supply I was using. I responded back (EVGA 750G & Corsair HX850) but heard  nothing further from them. Bitmain, can you send me an RMA number and I'll ship this back to Colorado?

Hi, we are in the same boat. 1 of my s5 blade dead in a month and promised to give shipping label to ship back. But its already 3 weeks since the promised and I never heard back from them again. I send couple email but no reply at all. BITMAIN if you read this please prosess our RMA. I Have been loyal customer since antminer S1.  Thank You

I had another one fail a few weeks ago and Bitmain Support was much more responsive then. I don't mind paying the shipping to Denver, just don't want to ship it back without an RMA number or confirmation that they will send me a replacement.

By which method did you each contact?

Email to [email protected] and pm to BitmainWarranty on here.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
I had another S5 loose a blade on Sunday (2nd one that has failed in the 30 days I've had them). I tried using a different power supply and also moving the cables to the other port on the controller but it's still going all xxx's. I'm not overclocking, just running stock settings. I emailed Bitmain support but only got one response asking what kind of power supply I was using. I responded back (EVGA 750G & Corsair HX850) but heard  nothing further from them. Bitmain, can you send me an RMA number and I'll ship this back to Colorado?

Hi, we are in the same boat. 1 of my s5 blade dead in a month and promised to give shipping label to ship back. But its already 3 weeks since the promised and I never heard back from them again. I send couple email but no reply at all. BITMAIN if you read this please prosess our RMA. I Have been loyal customer since antminer S1.  Thank You

I had another one fail a few weeks ago and Bitmain Support was much more responsive then. I don't mind paying the shipping to Denver, just don't want to ship it back without an RMA number or confirmation that they will send me a replacement.

By which method did you each contact?
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Not the most complete description but I take it there is an inflow and outflow pipe pair to the tank moving the Novec to an external radiator to exhaust heat and a second inflow and outflow pair to the condenser also to an external radiator?  Ah, found it.  One gallon offered for sale @ $379.95.

This is off topic but the Novec fluid doesn't get pumped anywhere. This video should explain it better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ErbZtpL88

Back on topic. Bitmain, I'm ready to purchase more S5's. With the price of BTC creeping up I think it would be worthwhile.

See, I don't understand that.  If it's an enclosed system and the Novec evaporates off the ASICs dropping their temperature, that energy is in the Novec gas.  If it condenses within the enclosed container as it must or it's lost, that energy must be released.  The energy wouldn't leave the enclosed container and its temperature would build.  He says he might heat a driveway.  So, is taking the heat out via whatever fluid is circulating within the condenser enough to remove all the heat?
The fluid vapour is cooled by water.

And the cooled condensate dripping into the lower chamber with the boiling Novec is sufficient to keep the major volume of Novec from rising to a high temperature.  I see how the cool condenser would be sufficient without a running fan to condense the Novec.  My thought was that an additional cooling of the liquid would be needed.

So, say 4 boards of an S5 cooled in this way would need a minimum of how much Novec I wonder.

Many advantages to Novec. No dust (can seal room), no noise, extreme density, can retrofit ANYWHERE, literally just need a room and water pipes. Works in high ambient conditions, can hook up to very cheap evaporative cooling solutions making it low power.

However, none of these help you and its not designed for small scale.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251

Not the most complete description but I take it there is an inflow and outflow pipe pair to the tank moving the Novec to an external radiator to exhaust heat and a second inflow and outflow pair to the condenser also to an external radiator?  Ah, found it.  One gallon offered for sale @ $379.95.

This is off topic but the Novec fluid doesn't get pumped anywhere. This video should explain it better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ErbZtpL88

Back on topic. Bitmain, I'm ready to purchase more S5's. With the price of BTC creeping up I think it would be worthwhile.

See, I don't understand that.  If it's an enclosed system and the Novec evaporates off the ASICs dropping their temperature, that energy is in the Novec gas.  If it condenses within the enclosed container as it must or it's lost, that energy must be released.  The energy wouldn't leave the enclosed container and its temperature would build.  He says he might heat a driveway.  So, is taking the heat out via whatever fluid is circulating within the condenser enough to remove all the heat?

And the cooled condensate dripping into the lower chamber with the boiling Novec is sufficient to keep the major volume of Novec from rising to a high temperature.  I see how the cool condenser would be sufficient without a running fan to condense the Novec.  My thought was that an additional cooling of the liquid would be needed.

So, say 4 boards of an S5 cooled in this way would need a minimum of how much Novec I wonder.

That stuff is not cheap. The equipment is more expensive to contain it. Good luck
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

Not the most complete description but I take it there is an inflow and outflow pipe pair to the tank moving the Novec to an external radiator to exhaust heat and a second inflow and outflow pair to the condenser also to an external radiator?  Ah, found it.  One gallon offered for sale @ $379.95.

See, I don't understand that.  If it's an enclosed system and the Novec evaporates off the ASICs dropping their temperature, that energy is in the Novec gas.  If it condenses within the enclosed container as it must or it's lost, that energy must be released.  The energy wouldn't leave the enclosed container and its temperature would build.  He says he might heat a driveway.  So, is taking the heat out via whatever fluid is circulating within the condenser enough to remove all the heat?

I heard back from BitmainWarranty and just shipped my faulty S5 back to Colorado. Hopefully they can turn it around as fast as last time..
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

soy
legendary

Not the most complete description but I take it there is an inflow and outflow pipe pair to the tank moving the Novec to an external radiator to exhaust heat and a second inflow and outflow pair to the condenser also to an external radiator?  Ah, found it.  One gallon offered for sale @ $379.95.

See, I don't understand that.  If it's an enclosed system and the Novec evaporates off the ASICs dropping their temperature, that energy is in the Novec gas.  If it condenses within the enclosed container as it must or it's lost, that energy must be released.  The energy wouldn't leave the enclosed container and its temperature would build.  He says he might heat a driveway.  So, is taking the heat out via whatever fluid is circulating within the condenser enough to remove all the heat?

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

soy
legendary

It's been done large scale. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/visit-of-asicminers-immersion-cooling-mining-facility-346134
And small scale.

bobsaq3 and sidehack are spot on at stock/factory clock rates.
We prefer to allow a little more head room for OC'ing the Prisma's and hence have migrated to one DPS-1600BB per Prisma.
OC'ing a Prisma only makes financial sense if the cost per Kwh is low ($0.08/KWh or less).

Then there are the heat dissipation issues that come with filling a room/Data Center with OC'ed Prisma's.
Pursuant to that we are prototyping Open Bath Immersion (OBI) cooling using the 3M Novec Engineered Fluids in custom built polycarbonate immersion tanks.
With the ultimate goal of immersing 32 OC'ed Prisma hash boards, controlled by an RPi w/wireless, in an OBI tank powered by 5 DPS-2000's.
Power consumption should be ~10Kw per tank and dissipate ~32K BTU continuously, enough to heat the average American sized home in a Minnesota winter AND GET PAID TO DO IT.
The residual/excess heat could be used to heat a garage, heat a driveway, heat sidewalks, melt snow off of the roof, heat a pool/hot tub/fish pond, etc. . . . . . .

Our Youtube channel (PlanetCrypto) has some videos of our initial testing.

Initial testing of 24x Tube Erupter boards in a Walmart fishtank:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meOf0FJBkGA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_yfHJ8yoh8

A polycarbonate immersion tank with 2x Bitmain S3+ hash boards:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcb9TyQP5ZA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fStHV_Q-x7s

We no longer power the fan in the S3+ tank as it is not required for condensation.
The heat generated from the S3+ tank supplements the in-floor heat in our little DC.
We have laid PEX in the ground outside the DC as a place to dump excess heat in upcoming expanded systems.

When we get a 32 Prisma board system up and running we'll post some vid's on the channel.

I have wanted to do it myself and have come up with a few designs for tanks, but don't have the capital to get started. Good luck.

I had another S5 loose a blade on Sunday (2nd one that has failed in the 30 days I've had them). I tried using a different power supply and also moving the cables to the other port on the controller but it's still going all xxx's. I'm not overclocking, just running stock settings. I emailed Bitmain support but only got one response asking what kind of power supply I was using. I responded back (EVGA 750G & Corsair HX850) but heard  nothing further from them. Bitmain, can you send me an RMA number and I'll ship this back to Colorado?
Activity: 24
Now that I have fan noise to a level acceptable to the family, the heat generated is raising the temp of my upstairs hallway 4 degrees. So I'm asking...

Where do you keep your miners and could one mo er set at 331mHz pump out enough heat to raise the temp of an open floor second story 4degrees?
Activity: 44

It's been done large scale. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/visit-of-asicminers-immersion-cooling-mining-facility-346134
And small scale.

bobsaq3 and sidehack are spot on at stock/factory clock rates.
We prefer to allow a little more head room for OC'ing the Prisma's and hence have migrated to one DPS-1600BB per Prisma.
OC'ing a Prisma only makes financial sense if the cost per Kwh is low ($0.08/KWh or less).

Then there are the heat dissipation issues that come with filling a room/Data Center with OC'ed Prisma's.
Pursuant to that we are prototyping Open Bath Immersion (OBI) cooling using the 3M Novec Engineered Fluids in custom built polycarbonate immersion tanks.
With the ultimate goal of immersing 32 OC'ed Prisma hash boards, controlled by an RPi w/wireless, in an OBI tank powered by 5 DPS-2000's.
Power consumption should be ~10Kw per tank and dissipate ~32K BTU continuously, enough to heat the average American sized home in a Minnesota winter AND GET PAID TO DO IT.
The residual/excess heat could be used to heat a garage, heat a driveway, heat sidewalks, melt snow off of the roof, heat a pool/hot tub/fish pond, etc. . . . . . .

Our Youtube channel (PlanetCrypto) has some videos of our initial testing.

Initial testing of 24x Tube Erupter boards in a Walmart fishtank:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meOf0FJBkGA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_yfHJ8yoh8

A polycarbonate immersion tank with 2x Bitmain S3+ hash boards:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcb9TyQP5ZA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fStHV_Q-x7s

We no longer power the fan in the S3+ tank as it is not required for condensation.
The heat generated from the S3+ tank supplements the in-floor heat in our little DC.
We have laid PEX in the ground outside the DC as a place to dump excess heat in upcoming expanded systems.

When we get a 32 Prisma board system up and running we'll post some vid's on the channel.

I have wanted to do it myself and have come up with a few designs for tanks, but don't have the capital to get started. Good luck.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Found this on bitmain talk lets hope this why no sells yet , some one asked below .

Is there any new batch coming soon?

Yes of course, after they sell most of S5 to HashNest. If they open S5 for sale now, they will slow down HashNest significantly. So you can buy it on HashNest and help others to open sale of S5 sooner. Smiley

I can't see  how many are left to be sold , down for maintenance.

and this was said by  ting.shao Official

Hello there, just pay attention to our official website, currently we have sold out our antS5 miners. And you can choose to purchase antS5 hashes on hashnest.
Regards.  

was said on 3.2.2015

so we wait and see. I wonder what the S6 will do, i want one .

for those S1 and S3 nuts go to ebay some one has a lot of the s1 to s3 upgrade kits on sell for 89 $ . by a lot  i mean  10 or more, i have no idea were they came from, i have one coming tomorrow . so I'll see if it's the real thing . and they just popped up on ebay,

LINK: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181679990852?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

they went up to 95 $ Free shipping..

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
dogie we need more S5s or the mythical S6. Use your influence to tell them to giterdun!

Grin

+1

Don't make me have to go buy used lastgen hardware

No plans have been made either way yet, we'll just have to be patient.

OK but I am not patient. I am impulsive. Too expensive on eBay though and Spondoolies is sold out too. First one to the start line will win the race Smiley

legendary
dogiecoin.com
dogie we need more S5s or the mythical S6. Use your influence to tell them to giterdun!

Grin

+1

Don't make me have to go buy used lastgen hardware

No plans have been made either way yet, we'll just have to be patient.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
And now the question of the day: Who manufactures the S5 fan and what model?

Probably  JSL
JIANG SHAN LAI ELECTRONICS CO. LTD

JSL's are usually stickered so I think its someone else. On the spec sheet I saw there either wasn't a name or it was something I didn't recognise.
legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
So, i'm a little late to this thread, but does anyone knows if/when bitmain will publish a non-shitty miner on their page? All i see is crap and i really want to keep expanding my mini-farm with quality miners...
Jump to: