Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 171. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 635
Merit: 500
Were somebody able to get this miner working with Nicehash with the p=... option?
I set the password for p=.... and the machine simply doesn't start to mine.
All 3 pools looks alive but no hashing.
Yes I have it working for me. It is showing as dead most of the time because I have it set p=0.015 but I do get some work from it.

The problem with mine is that not shows the pool as dead. It's still shows alive.

Were you just simply wrote p=0.0.15?

What kind of firmware do you use?
What is strange that I have 20 S5-s and all has the same problem....

you have an extra decimal - thats your problem.  right now typical payment is at p=0.0108     .... its advised that you set it to something like p=0.012 so that the pool is only active when worthwhile

Sorry man.. It was a typo.

I put p=0.011

I don't know what the heck....

Edit.

All my s3-s, sp20-s are working fine, only the S5-s not....  Huh

Edit2.

If i remove #xnsub from the pool address it works fine but no extranonce....   really  Huh
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Were somebody able to get this miner working with Nicehash with the p=... option?
Yes I have it working for me. It is showing as dead most of the time because I have it set p=0.015 but I do get some work from it.

The problem with mine is that not shows the pool as dead. It's still shows alive.

you have an extra decimal - thats your problem.  right now typical payment is at p=0.0108     .... its advised that you set it to something like p=0.012 so that the pool is only active when worthwhile
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
umm look at the HW rate on that image above. I have 4k HW errors over 2days myself on my S5. what the hell? my S3s S4s and C1's only have like 10 HW errors. whats going on here? !!!!!   

Perfectly normal. In fact negligible for the duration I have been mining.
legendary

Yes I simply wrote that as my password. I am using the default firmware that came with the unit. Also have not done any alterations to the device, re: new fans
legendary
you are running some nice temps. What is your ambient temperature?

-1 to -5 C. We are in a deep freeze here.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
I am using a corsair 1000w PSU on this  why so many HW?

We've told you many times now that those hardware errors are more than fine. There is nothing wrong with your S5.
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
I make my own connections to my Antminers from my power supplies.  Suddenly the PCIE-6 connectors prices have gone up.  My ebay order purchased on 2/21 tracking shows they aren't even in the system yet and the seller is making angry sounds like I'm at fault for questioning.  I think prices going up might mean somebody is buying them up like for a big farm.          duang-it.

I recall my first S3.  I made connectors from cut-down old power supply motherboard connectors.

Activity: 174
Merit: 100
seriously not happy with these S5's
Chain#    ASIC#    Frequency    Temp    ASIC status         
1               30                 350        48        oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooo
2               30                 350        58        oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooo

10 degrees difference between boards ?

HW  4754  0.0161% 0.0162%  run time 1d6h44m12s

Garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am using a corsair 1000w PSU on this  why so many HW? why a 10 degress difference in boards?

Seems like bitmain really dropped the ball on these I have never seen such a cheaply designed poorly constructed piece of junk in my life.

Do they not know what quality control means over there?

I never buy Batch 1 because of stuff like this , these S5' are batch 4 !!!!

lets go back in time here
Batch 1-5 S3's = thermal paste issues either not enough or it was overloaded crap was everywhere *high HW errors
batch 1 C1's ='s ... hehe do we really need to go there Smiley
Batch 1 S4's ='s did you burn you house down?
No experience with batch 1 S2's I am sure they had their issues seen a bunch on ebay with burnt out boards

Now we got these damn S5's 4.6k HW errors in 31 hours  really? Sounds like a early batch S3

Dare i tear these things down and inspect the thermal paste? (10 to 1) I bet 1 board has to much the other board not enough Smiley would explain the 10 degrees variance between boards

Whatcha think dogie? Just RMA them?

and http://www.minerlink.com/ does not connect
BITMAIN !!!!!!!
what the hell is going on?
do i need to ship this back?Huh?

this many HW errors is not acceptable!!!!!!!!

I am going to start buying your competitors products instead these S5's are rubbish!!!!!!!
umm look at the HW rate on that image above. I have 4k HW errors over 2days myself on my S5. what the hell? my S3s S4s and C1's only have like 10 HW errors. whats going on here? !!!!!   
Activity: 224
https://eloncity.io
you are running some nice temps. What is your ambient temperature?
legendary

Activity: 518
@Dogie - Do they plan on bringing the Bitmain site back online soon or is the holiday still going on for them. Thanks

https://bitmaintech.com/ works for me?

@Dogie - I mean in the sense that they will have miners back up for sale S5 for example. Thanks

No concrete plans yet, should get some movement on Monday.

Waffle! You can always say you don't know and that would suffice.

you must be using the option wrong, and setting it higher than the current nicehash payment rate.

what are your 2nd and 3rd pools?

The patched S3-s are working fine.

Sure i set higher because I want them to go there when it's more then the current rate.

The 2nd is f2pool, 3rd is Guild.

I've did some research and in the Nicehash topic had the same problem as mine.

Huh
legendary
dogiecoin.com
@Dogie - Do they plan on bringing the Bitmain site back online soon or is the holiday still going on for them. Thanks

@Dogie - I mean in the sense that they will have miners back up for sale S5 for example. Thanks

No concrete plans yet, should get some movement on Monday.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
What nm is the BM1384?
Activity: 840
Merit: 251

legendary
dogiecoin.com

Jump to: