Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 172. (Read 451039 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Were somebody able to get this miner working with Nicehash with the p=... option?

I set the password for p=.... and the machine simply doesn't start to mine.

All 3 pools looks alive but no hashing.

you must be using the option wrong, and setting it higher than the current nicehash payment rate.

what are your 2nd and 3rd pools?
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
@Dogie - Do they plan on bringing the Bitmain site back online soon or is the holiday still going on for them. Thanks
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Sell 5xANTMINER S5 7,25 BTC
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
Were somebody able to get this miner working with Nicehash with the p=... option?

I set the password for p=.... and the machine simply doesn't start to mine.

All 3 pools looks alive but no hashing.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Will you be able to change your pool settings in minerlink so we can do this when we're not at the same network?

Is minerlink already available?

No, I was just wondering if somebody knew an answer to this question  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
So would two of these high static fans in a push/pull be sufficient enough to keep an S5 cool?

http://www.corsair.com/en/air-series-sp120-high-performance-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan

I have heard these fans, even the quiet model one are great fans for cooling heatsinks.

Yes, its what I recommend.

I understand with these fans an S5 will run quiet and cool.  Will the stock fans run equally cool albeit louder?

Stock will likely still be cooler as its just a crazy amount of cooling. The advantage of SP120s is they are much quieter while still keeping the S5 in an acceptable temp range at most ambient temps.

So would you use 2 SP120's in a push-pull?
I currently run an s5 with 2 Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000rpm fans in push-pull, would the SP120s provide better performance?

That's my recommendation. NF-F12s will run cooler but will be quite a bit louder.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
At the current BTC value selling miners is probably more profitable than mining. They are selling to someone. Just not us.

Could be a very astute observation. If any of the state actors would suddenly want to mine bitcoin, they will sweep the slate clean and there will be almost no miners for sale.
I think the writing was on the wall when (i) bitmain pulled their "collaboration" with syscooling on a watercooled S5, but then again, that coincided with a dip in BTC value to fiat, and (ii) bitmain started offering large batches of gear.
Saying that, the S5 is clearly a winner for bitmain in many aspects (should be for the home miner too), but the hassle they have to go through to service the home miners' market while they also have mining interests (not to mention the large buyers), is seemingly the  proverbial last nail in the coffin. I honestly believed they'd have a new product offering straight after the Chinese new year holidays (having pulled the S5), but seeing nothing is up yet on their site, I've got that feeling of the begining of the end ....
Without Bitmain or Spondoolies there isn't any other mass produced/trusted supplier of equipment.  I sure hope this never comes to pass.  I enjoy the competition to produce the next best "Shiny Thingy" whether I can afford to buy in or not.  If either of these companies stop supplying home miners, it's too late for another startup to blaze a trail given the level of tech and backing to do so.  Awaiting something from Bitmain, the holidays are over.... kinda expected some news this weekend.

Unfortunately unless you consider a  12U, 16kw, 10 replaceable hashing boards. a home miner that is the way it is headed for SPT. Hoping Bitmain will still offer us something.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10548252
Holy asshats batman!  Wasn't following that thread.  Guess we put are cards on Bitmain.... I'm all out of rubber checks.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
So would two of these high static fans in a push/pull be sufficient enough to keep an S5 cool?

http://www.corsair.com/en/air-series-sp120-high-performance-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan

I have heard these fans, even the quiet model one are great fans for cooling heatsinks.

I understand with these fans an S5 will run quiet and cool.  Will the stock fans run equally cool albeit louder?

Stock will likely still be cooler as its just a crazy amount of cooling. The advantage of SP120s is they are much quieter while still keeping the S5 in an acceptable temp range at most ambient temps.

So would you use 2 SP120's in a push-pull?
I currently run an s5 with 2 Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000rpm fans in push-pull, would the SP120s provide better performance?
Activity: 546
At the current BTC value selling miners is probably more profitable than mining. They are selling to someone. Just not us.

Could be a very astute observation. If any of the state actors would suddenly want to mine bitcoin, they will sweep the slate clean and there will be almost no miners for sale.
I think the writing was on the wall when (i) bitmain pulled their "collaboration" with syscooling on a watercooled S5, but then again, that coincided with a dip in BTC value to fiat, and (ii) bitmain started offering large batches of gear.
Saying that, the S5 is clearly a winner for bitmain in many aspects (should be for the home miner too), but the hassle they have to go through to service the home miners' market while they also have mining interests (not to mention the large buyers), is seemingly the  proverbial last nail in the coffin. I honestly believed they'd have a new product offering straight after the Chinese new year holidays (having pulled the S5), but seeing nothing is up yet on their site, I've got that feeling of the begining of the end ....
Without Bitmain or Spondoolies there isn't any other mass produced/trusted supplier of equipment.  I sure hope this never comes to pass.  I enjoy the competition to produce the next best "Shiny Thingy" whether I can afford to buy in or not.  If either of these companies stop supplying home miners, it's too late for another startup to blaze a trail given the level of tech and backing to do so.  Awaiting something from Bitmain, the holidays are over.... kinda expected some news this weekend.

Unfortunately unless you consider a  12U, 16kw, 10 replaceable hashing boards. a home miner that is the way it is headed for SPT. Hoping Bitmain will still offer us something.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10548252
Activity: 318
Merit: 250
Will you be able to change your pool settings in minerlink so we can do this when we're not at the same network?

Is minerlink already available?
Activity: 518
Bitmain never had any agreement to do anything with syscooling over S5s, it was only unofficial on syscooling's part.
You still insist on your waffle whenever you can. Look in this very thread and you'll see a response from a bitmain account to that effect which is consistent with syscooling's on bitmain pulling the plug. If you want to call that un-official, then what is official, your waffle?
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Activity: 924

Activity: 546

Being that bulk sales of large miners or the option to buy hash through a hosting partner appears to be the new direction for SPT I would agree with you. Wouldn't surprise me if Bitmain doesn't bring back the S5 or if they do when they are out of stock offer nothing new to the home miner except buying hash through hashnet.

Unfortunately home mining as we know it seems to be fading away.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

That would be hard to do with all your sales and engineering staff on holiday.

I think the writing was on the wall when (i) bitmain pulled their "collaboration" with syscooling on a watercooled S5, but then again, that coincided with a dip in BTC value to fiat, and (ii) bitmain started offering large batches of gear. Saying that, the S5 is clearly a winner for bitmain in many aspects (should be for the home miner too), but the hassle they have to go through to service the home miners' market while they also have mining interests (not to mention the large buyers), is seemingly the  proverbial last nail in the coffin. I honestly believed they'd have a new product offering straight after the Chinese new year holidays (having pulled the S5), but seeing nothing is up yet on their site, I've got that feeling of the begining of the end ....

Bitmain never had any agreement to do anything with syscooling over S5s, it was only unofficial on syscooling's part. 'Bitmain's' large batches of gear were often being sold on behalf of other customers.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 518

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

legendary
Activity: 910
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
agentcash

I'd guess their allied farm has a major purchase on the books.  

If experience is any help, when KNC opened a farm, relative of KNC management, sales to the public were depreciated, high price and slow shipping.  I got a refund so I may be wrong about what they did in the long run but I think that's accurate.  

Once a manufacturer gets to mining the old questions of Why should I sell something that can make me money? and, Why should I sell products that are going to be competing with my own mining? come to the fore.

Those questions came up early on at Butterfly Labs.  As a result they delayed shipping until the miners were looking at break even rather than profit while offering to allow prepaid future faster miners and those were shipped very late at break even.  They fought the law and the law won as the song goes.  Buyers took them to court I think it was.
Jump to: