Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 170. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 251
For the Bitmain team:
Is there any chance of having a page for network traffic stats in the next firmware update.
How much TX and RX data for a day, week or total TX and RX.

Its unlikely this will ever get done even if its useful as there are lots of things still to do higher on the priority list. Your traffic stats are going to be literally negligible in terms of bandwidth with appropriate difficulty.

As usual, another waffle response.
This data is actually already available from the UI via the Network tab.

@pekatete - What does waffle mean. Is that like laub  Grin
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
For the Bitmain team:
Is there any chance of having a page for network traffic stats in the next firmware update.

Its unlikely this will ever get done even if its useful as there are lots of things still to do higher on the priority list. Your traffic stats are going to be literally negligible in terms of bandwidth with appropriate difficulty.

As usual, another waffle response.
This data is actually already available from the UI via the Network tab.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
any new s5 on SALE bitmain?

^^ Same query: When are more going on sale? I've got a ton of BTC burning a hole in my wallet waiting to be spent...
Cheers!

No plans as of yet
legendary
dogiecoin.com
For the Bitmain team:

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io
For the Bitmain team:
Activity: 126
i would like to buy antminer C2 ;p
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
^^ Same query: When are more going on sale? I've got a ton of BTC burning a hole in my wallet waiting to be spent...
Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
any new s5 on SALE bitmain?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
So would two of these high static fans in a push/pull be sufficient enough to keep an S5 cool?

http://www.corsair.com/en/air-series-sp120-high-performance-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan

I have heard these fans, even the quiet model one are great fans for cooling heatsinks.

Yes, its what I recommend.

I understand with these fans an S5 will run quiet and cool.  Will the stock fans run equally cool albeit louder?

Stock will likely still be cooler as its just a crazy amount of cooling. The advantage of SP120s is they are much quieter while still keeping the S5 in an acceptable temp range at most ambient temps.

So would you use 2 SP120's in a push-pull?
I currently run an s5 with 2 Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000rpm fans in push-pull, would the SP120s provide better performance?

That's my recommendation. NF-F12s will run cooler but will be quite a bit louder.

Dogie, you just recommended the SP120's just a couple pages back. I don't get it?

SP120s are a better balance of noise and performance. F12s are louder fans, even if they do move a bit more air.
Activity: 635
Were somebody able to get this miner working with Nicehash with the p=... option?
I set the password for p=.... and the machine simply doesn't start to mine.
All 3 pools looks alive but no hashing.
Yes I have it working for me. It is showing as dead most of the time because I have it set p=0.015 but I do get some work from it.

The problem with mine is that not shows the pool as dead. It's still shows alive.

Were you just simply wrote p=0.0.15?

What kind of firmware do you use?
What is strange that I have 20 S5-s and all has the same problem....

you have an extra decimal - thats your problem.  right now typical payment is at p=0.0108     .... its advised that you set it to something like p=0.012 so that the pool is only active when worthwhile

good catch

It was a typo in the post. Please read the first post on this page.

Any help would apriciated

Do you have it looking like this?

Yes....

The only difference:  stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3334#xnsub

All my S3-s and sp20-s working fine only the s5-s not. If I remove the #xnsub they are working but no extranonce support.

it is a bug that floats around I had 12 sp20's one  or 2 just work work with it.  and some that use it act truly weird .  and then 8 work great. all have the same software. so i am not sure why your s-5 is not good but I can say the sp20's don't all do it right.

That's weird....
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Were somebody able to get this miner working with Nicehash with the p=... option?
Yes I have it working for me. It is showing as dead most of the time because I have it set p=0.015 but I do get some work from it.
https://i.imgur.com/ZVcMVFA.jpg

The problem with mine is that not shows the pool as dead. It's still shows alive.

you have an extra decimal - thats your problem.  right now typical payment is at p=0.0108     .... its advised that you set it to something like p=0.012 so that the pool is only active when worthwhile

good catch

Yes....

The only difference:  stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3334#xnsub

All my S3-s and sp20-s working fine only the s5-s not. If I remove the #xnsub they are working but no extranonce support.

it is a bug that floats around I had 12 sp20's one  or 2 just work work with it.  and some that use it act truly weird .  and then 8 work great. all have the same software. so i am not sure why your s-5 is not good but I can say the sp20's don't all do it right.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
So would two of these high static fans in a push/pull be sufficient enough to keep an S5 cool?

http://www.corsair.com/en/air-series-sp120-high-performance-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan

I have heard these fans, even the quiet model one are great fans for cooling heatsinks.

I understand with these fans an S5 will run quiet and cool.  Will the stock fans run equally cool albeit louder?

Stock will likely still be cooler as its just a crazy amount of cooling. The advantage of SP120s is they are much quieter while still keeping the S5 in an acceptable temp range at most ambient temps.

I currently run an s5 with 2 Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000rpm fans in push-pull, would the SP120s provide better performance?

That's my recommendation. NF-F12s will run cooler but will be quite a bit louder.

Dogie, you just recommended the SP120's just a couple pages back. I don't get it?

I have the NF-F12s running now and I am getting some SP120s tomorrow so I will do a comparison and let you guys know.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10

I understand with these fans an S5 will run quiet and cool.  Will the stock fans run equally cool albeit louder?

But then again the user netcoingeek indicated two different fans completely and keeping temps 60-62. We need real world environment to see which fans really work before spending any money on them. Is anyone here currently using the Corsair high pressure static fans now? Also, are there screw holes on the other end of the box to install a fan and is there an extra fan connector inside the miner to connect to? Is it a PWM connector that controls the fan?

There are holes on the back side of the miner to connect a 120mm fan to it.
Actually both the front and back plates are exactly the same, just that the "front" one has the controller with LAN and LEDs.
There are 2 PWM connectors on the controller.
Though the web interface has indicators for 4 fans, are the other 2 the 3pin ones on the side?

you have an extra decimal - thats your problem.  right now typical payment is at p=0.0108     .... its advised that you set it to something like p=0.012 so that the pool is only active when worthwhile

good catch

Yes....

The only difference:  stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3334#xnsub

good catch

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

good catch
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....

But then again the user netcoingeek indicated two different fans completely and keeping temps 60-62. We need real world environment to see which fans really work before spending any money on them. Is anyone here currently using the Corsair high pressure static fans now? Also, are there screw holes on the other end of the box to install a fan and is there an extra fan connector inside the miner to connect to? Is it a PWM connector that controls the fan?
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
I dont undrstand how high HW in excess of 4k are normal
I got 4.6k HW errors in 31hrs
All my other units My S3' My S4's My C1's all have like 10HW or less for the same period 4.6k HW errors is crazy.when all my other units have like 10

That is not normal Smiley

each machine is different
people keep telling you that it does not matter at these numbers (OK, you will have 0.001% error instead of 0.0001% error).
Pool's luck will literally have 1000-10000X larger effect on your hashing.
Activity: 174
I dont undrstand how high HW in excess of 4k are normal
I got 4.6k HW errors in 31hrs
All my other units My S3' My S4's My C1's all have like 10HW or less for the same period 4.6k HW errors is crazy.when all my other units have like 10

That is not normal Smiley
Jump to: