Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 222. (Read 451047 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Can I use one of these to hook up my s5 and others that I plan on getting?

I have a fiber optic 100 MB/S upload and download connection.

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Just got my Batch 4 S5's. Bitmain is now shipping using foam rather than the inflated tubes/bags. First thing I did was install the Nocturna fan mentioned earlier in this thread. Best money ever spent! Completely tolerable now. After 70 minutes, running 61deg on both sides and 1.125Gh.

I can't find a link. Do you have one?

Thnx!

Noctua
http://www.amazon.com/Bearing-NF-F12-iPPC-3000-PWM/dp/B00KFCRATC
this is prime-fast shipping, only 6 left.
one from platinum micro is on the bottom right of the same page ($24.5, maybe slower shipping)
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Just got my Batch 4 S5's. Bitmain is now shipping using foam rather than the inflated tubes/bags. First thing I did was install the Nocturna fan mentioned earlier in this thread. Best money ever spent! Completely tolerable now. After 70 minutes, running 61deg on both sides and 1.125Gh.

I can't find a link. Do you have one?

Thnx!
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Great to hear it is working for you!! 

Happy Hashing !

UPS dropped off my S5 about 2 hrs ago. I've had running for about 1.45 hrs. Seems fine and avg hash is: 1.16 THS. A bit noisier than the S3s tho...as the fan has to run faster. I installed the miner monitor which Bitmain mentioned above. Nice tool Smiley
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
UPS dropped off my S5 about 2 hrs ago. I've had running for about 1.45 hrs. Seems fine and avg hash is: 1.16 THS. A bit noisier than the S3s tho...as the fan has to run faster. I installed the miner monitor which Bitmain mentioned above. Nice tool Smiley
Activity: 786
Just heads up

Hi,
really sorry, we cannot help you on it. there is no coupon for S5 and price is very low now:)

Best Regards

BITMAIN
What's the headsup refering to? Can't seem to find a reference to that ... but if it was a request for vouchers, I think the response is valid to a large extent.

he was replying to this post:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10153788
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010
I think they mean maybe they arent issuing new coupons... I cant imagine them not honoring coupons already issued.

The ones I have are good to 2/4/15.

Strato
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Just heads up

Hi,
really sorry, we cannot help you on it. there is no coupon for S5 and price is very low now:)

Best Regards

BITMAIN
What's the headsup refering to? Can't seem to find a reference to that ... but if it was a request for vouchers, I think the response is valid to a large extent.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Just heads up

"

Hi,

Best Regards

BITMAIN

"
Activity: 868
...and another one 1/2 dies on me. This is getting tiresome, I could have just got some S3s if I wanted 500 speed.

Reboot, change frequency, hard reboot, new PSU... same thing. That's two now  Angry

What PSU were you on, and what now?

HX850 then Silent Pro 1200.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
...and another one 1/2 dies on me. This is getting tiresome, I could have just got some S3s if I wanted 500 speed.

Reboot, change frequency, hard reboot, new PSU... same thing. That's two now  Angry

What PSU were you on, and what now?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010
Just an update I still have a few $45 and $30 Coupons for the S5 left.

For anyone planning on purchasing an S5, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Cheers!

Strato
Activity: 868

Reboot, change frequency, hard reboot, new PSU... same thing. That's two now  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Past 8 days I have been hashing with my two S5 systems.
They would almost daily, at stock settings, would fail to around 600GH per system.
Temperature is 38c on the readings, 350 frequency, 850 watt Gold EVGA power supply with 4 unique rails.
At first I thought it was the firmware that needed to be updated, but after updating the firmware yesterday it seems to at least increase the chance, as now one is entirely offline and the other is hashing at 600GH.
Multiple power cycles and one of them isn't staying online for more than 1 or 2 hours, though both were hashing at 1160GH for a couple hours after a reboot. 
I never recorded temperatures above 40C (It's very cold here in a large unheated building).

What should I do?  Do they need to be RMA'ed? Are others having this issue?  Is there a script I can run that will auto restart or power cycle them when hash rate is this low or not responding at all?
I'm ready to buy 10-20 S5's instead of a Farm of SP20, but so far the S5 is not reliable enough for a personal farm, even with just 2 compared to my SP20 farm.
Let me know what to do.

What PSUs are they on?
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
To monitor, you can use Cryptglance and similer software, and for reboot due to the low hashrate and high temperature, there are fee software written called M's Miner (Ant/SP) Monitor v4.3

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ms-miner-antsp-monitor-v52-alertsautomassscheduled-rebootmobile-miner-596178

Most of the mining farm will have their own system programmed and deployed to suit their need but for the home users, these tools may work

Until miner link comes online, is there something else we can use to control multiple miners with a single interface? Things like auto restart times, pool switching... etc.

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Zeushash has a promotion where you can bid on an S5.

ZeusHash CrazyWednesday – No Limits Bidding for Antminer S5
https://zeusminer.com/forums/topic/crazy-wednesday-no-limits-bidding-for-antminer-s5-including-shipping/
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Did anyone noticed bitmain have increased shipping costs for S5 (was like 50 and now it is 80)

Hi, the shipping cost will be automatically calculated by the system when you place the order in our official website.
I did not change delivery address.
On the day of S5 release it was ~50USD and now it is 80USD for the same address.

Yes, as courier company increased the shipping cost. Please noted that we charged the same price as the courier company requested.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
I Monday received shipment confirmation of two S5 from Bitmain and Tuesday verified they've completed sort in Shenzen for EMS shipment to me on the US East Coast.  Current plan is to replace the fan with S3 push/pull, modest underclock, construct a metal cover for the top, and use a single Corsair MX750M (590W S5 spec, dual PCI-E and dual Molex-PCI-E cables and underclock being key).  Am I overlooking anything that I shouldn't?

No, you are good to go. The psu for single S5 right?
Yes indeed, currently using one CX750M per S3, and want to continue in that vane, but don't want to risk the PSU.  Noise is an issue and my impression is that Push/Pull fans alone may not be enough, hence a mild underclock!
legendary
Activity: 1190
I Monday received shipment confirmation of two S5 from Bitmain and Tuesday verified they've completed sort in Shenzen for EMS shipment to me on the US East Coast.  Current plan is to replace the fan with S3 push/pull, modest underclock, construct a metal cover for the top, and use a single Corsair MX750M (560W S5 spec, dual PCI-E and dual Molex-PCI-E cables and underclock being key).  Am I overlooking anything that I shouldn't?

No, you are good to go. The psu for single S5 right?
Jump to: