Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 23. (Read 450939 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Thanx for the info. So i'm not he only one.  Grin

But in the same spirit, its not happening to me, so it sound weird, and i also manually updated to the fan control version. Maybe its a board version thing? Mine is v1.91.

I have a V1.4 2015-03-28 And one that doesn't say just the date. 2014-12-20 (batch 4)

Thanks for your input. If everyone else with this problem share this information, maybe we'll be able to figure it out, but anyways, if its not beeping then i guess its not really a problem?
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Thanx for the info. So i'm not he only one.  Grin

But in the same spirit, its not happening to me, so it sound weird, and i also manually updated to the fan control version. Maybe its a board version thing? Mine is v1.91.

I have a V1.4 2015-03-28 And one that doesn't say just the date. 2014-12-20 (batch 4)
legendary

Activity: 287
Merit: 250
Global economic crisis? i hold my bitcoin..
The red one the big one is blinking now. It is still hasing, all good. But it's new after update. https://www.bitmaintech.com/files/download/SD-S5-20150715-fan_ctrl.tar.gz
yup it happen to me too when i upgrade to new firmware. not all my s5, just some.
still hashing but the red light is blinking.
my solution? downgrade your firmware, the red ones will be normal again.
The red one the big one is blinking now. It is still hasing, all good. But it's new after update. https://www.bitmaintech.com/files/download/SD-S5-20150715-fan_ctrl.tar.gz
legendary
I have a question?
I just put the new firmware om my S5, but now i have a red light blinking. Is that right??

Thanx,

Beffje

It is supposed to blink slowly when it is flashing/booting. Once it's mining it is supposed to stop blinking. How far are you in the process?

Also which light is blinking red?   Are we talking about the red light on front or on controller?

I can't find it but I could have sworn on the zendesk they have there was something with led status, but could not find it at the moment.

Personally i assumed and am talking about the main red led next to the reset switch and the Ethernet port. It blink slowly while the unit is booting and also blink and potentially beep when the miner lose connection for about 1-2 minutes~
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I have a question?
I just put the new firmware om my S5, but now i have a red light blinking. Is that right??

Thanx,

Beffje

It is supposed to blink slowly when it is flashing/booting. Once it's mining it is supposed to stop blinking. How far are you in the process?

Also which light is blinking red?   Are we talking about the red light on front or on controller?

I can't find it but I could have sworn on the zendesk they have there was something with led status, but could not find it at the moment.
legendary
I have a question?

Thanx,

Beffje

I have a question?

Thanx,

Beffje
legendary
Activity: 1456
I noticed that s5 working with some of the ATX power supply after a period of 25-30 days is slowing down. Restart and return to the original ​​hashrate for next 25 days.
I did not notice such a big slowdown in the ATX gold 750W power supply but probably you use a smaller power supply , which are not designed to operate 24/7. This is all at a temperature lower than 20 degrees Celsius.

Can confirm that slowdown happens on: Dell 750w PSUs and IBM Bladecenter 2880w PSUs, so it is more of a hardware issue.

Some S5's are better then others it seems to be a personality almost on the miners.   My regular S5 went a long time without doing it (Weeks if not a month) and did it twice in past week, seems to be in their nature.

I think I have a RM1000 powering just that S5 so it's not a power issue.
legendary
Activity: 1274
I noticed that s5 working with some of the ATX power supply after a period of 25-30 days is slowing down. Restart and return to the original ​​hashrate for next 25 days.
I did not notice such a big slowdown in the ATX gold 750W power supply but probably you use a smaller power supply , which are not designed to operate 24/7. This is all at a temperature lower than 20 degrees Celsius.

same here altho not much.. after about 10 to 15 days my s5 shows 1.12 or so..

seasonic x850 psu with all 4 pci-e connected.. not 2x2 cables.

That just happen on one my S5 i had to reboot it and it fine for while. i use a sea sonic 850 cables same 4x4 , i may hook up a server PSU, i just started buying to see if that was it .That S5 was on line for two days while my other S5's using Corsair 750  or 850 gold, run for days and days and sty the same, i  reboot them because it makes sense to .

I use this :

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptoglance-v21-open-source-self-hosted-multi-rig-monitoring-tool-569924

like it more for the eye candy look.
legendary
Are you guys sure its not just the uptime/total hash division issue bug caused by having a uptime of weeks? As in, on the pool side the hashrate drop too?
Personally i have MMMonitor set to reboot once a week so i never encountered this issue, and also i'm using purely EVGA g2's.

Not sure what are your setups but you could all have a look at;
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ms-miner-antsp-monitor-v52-alertsautomassscheduled-rebootmobile-miner-596178

Sound like it might bandaid your problem.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

same here altho not much.. after about 10 to 15 days my s5 shows 1.12 or so..

seasonic x850 psu with all 4 pci-e connected.. not 2x2 cables.

legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners

Can confirm that slowdown happens on: Dell 750w PSUs and IBM Bladecenter 2880w PSUs, so it is more of a hardware issue.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
I have a small batch of Ant S5's that are misbehaving!

These 4 machines are hashing along happily, and then their combined rate slips down ~125 GH/s after 20-30 days (I haven't actually logged it, but contemplating starting), where they stay stable until they are rebooted, then they promptly go back up to full rate.  Huh

Has anyone else seen anything like this?  Am completely open to any ideas as this is kind of baffling.

Thanks!
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Thanks,,,,  root/admin worked.
legendary
Activity: 1274
How do you SSH into a S5?

I know how to SSH into other linux boxes, but am having no luck with the S5.  I get a "Login as:" prompt and try "root" and my password for "root" but it does not like.  Is there something I overlooked in the web interface that turned this off?

I know just about enough about linux to be dangerous.  I would like to poke around and learn more about what goes on my my S5.

Thanks,

Tom

password : admin not root Smiley.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
You need to use root as the login and admin as the password

Rich
Pages:
Jump to: