Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 245. (Read 451048 times)

Activity: 556
Merit: 500
The current/on going reduction in bitcoin price had me thinking this weekend about our vendors.  Remember the good old days of Bitmain pricing merchandise in bitcoin instead of USD?  Yes there are wild fluctuations in btc price, but if the vendors don't think enough about it to use it as value instead of basing products on USD, why should anyone else? Just something to think about.
If only they could buy parts and pay employees and vendors with Bitcoin. The problem is the world still works and compares to fiat.
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
how much value of the S5 coupon ?
If don't mind please send me one coupon, id digitizing
S5 coupons are presently valued at $30.
Mine are showing $40.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
replacing the stock fan with a single Noctua ($24.5 on Amazon) makes it much less loud and changes the metallic banging sound of the stock fan to whooosh, although temperatures rise to ~60C and you have to hash at 325 mhz(1075 GH). I am waiting for a second fan to add pull and go back to 350mhz or even higher.
http://www.amazon.com/Bearing-NF-F12-iPPC-3000-PWM/dp/B00KFCRATC
Thanks for the suggestion, but It's now summer here and mine would fry with that weak a fan (it was 41 degrees C here a couple of days ago).  I happen to have quite a few noctua fans in use for other hardware and some spares. While you can design better fans there is still a certain amount of airflow and air pressure you need to generate and this fan wouldn't cut it.

Oh, OK, the temp in my "mining" room is 30-31c and it is an improved 3000 PWM, not typical 2000PWM model; it provides ~171 110 CFM.
I will post here once I add cheap deltas for the pull (klondike_bar suggested putting the scotch tape around the top to make a "shroud", which might help cooling).
Anyway, I just wanted to see if I can host more with extra/new fans (with the default fan I simply can't).
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
replacing the stock fan with a single Noctua ($24.5 on Amazon) makes it much less loud and changes the metallic banging sound of the stock fan to whooosh, although temperatures rise to ~60C and you have to hash at 325 mhz(1075 GH). I am waiting for a second fan to add pull and go back to 350mhz or even higher.
http://www.amazon.com/Bearing-NF-F12-iPPC-3000-PWM/dp/B00KFCRATC
Thanks for the suggestion, but It's now summer here and mine would fry with that weak a fan (it was 41 degrees C here a couple of days ago).  I happen to have quite a few noctua fans in use for other hardware and some spares. While you can design better fans there is still a certain amount of airflow and air pressure you need to generate and this fan wouldn't cut it.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
At least during these volatile times, that some of use may want to hold on to our coin, they are offering a way to buy direct via credit card now. Although, I don't understand why they are limiting customers to only 2? You can buy 2 units shipped direct to the US for $779.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/bitmain-antminer-s5-1155gh-s-0-51j-g-batch/216320560.html
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
The current/on going reduction in bitcoin price had me thinking this weekend about our vendors.  Remember the good old days of Bitmain pricing merchandise in bitcoin instead of USD?  Yes there are wild fluctuations in btc price, but if the vendors don't think enough about it to use it as value instead of basing products on USD, why should anyone else? Just something to think about.

it is difficult to price item in something this volatile, but great for transmission. In any case, I don't know what they and coinbase are basing the price of BTC off right now? OKCoin?, btce?

Bitmain's website is currently about $8/btc lower than Coinbase.

i see roughly the same price on coinbase website ~267-268 as on btc-e/okcoin

Agreed.  You have to watch it though because most of the time Coinbase is higher than Btc-e.  As whacked as the market is right now, it's anybody's guess. Just be sure to purchase when they are close or btc-e happens to be higher if you use Coinbase.
legendary
The current/on going reduction in bitcoin price had me thinking this weekend about our vendors.  Remember the good old days of Bitmain pricing merchandise in bitcoin instead of USD?  Yes there are wild fluctuations in btc price, but if the vendors don't think enough about it to use it as value instead of basing products on USD, why should anyone else? Just something to think about.

it is difficult to price item in something this volatile, but great for transmission. In any case, I don't know what they and coinbase are basing the price of BTC off right now? OKCoin?, btce?

i see roughly the same price on bitmain (267.23) as on coinbase website ~267-268 and on btc-e/okcoin
ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
The current/on going reduction in bitcoin price had me thinking this weekend about our vendors.  Remember the good old days of Bitmain pricing merchandise in bitcoin instead of USD?  Yes there are wild fluctuations in btc price, but if the vendors don't think enough about it to use it as value instead of basing products on USD, why should anyone else? Just something to think about.

Seems like BTC-e to me...

ZiG
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
S5 coupons are presently valued at $30.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
legendary

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Are there any s-5 coupons? I saw something about s-5 coupons can't find it now.

Yes their are S5 coupons for customers who bought early … Bitmain trying to draw in repeat customers after being burned by bitmain lowering the price . Bitmain needs to come up with a different way to reward past customers because the coupons are becoming more of an insult if anything .

I used a few coupons on the s-3's .

I gave a quite few away.

I sold a couple  of s-3 coupons very cheaply.

I would not mind someone tossing 2x  s-5 coupons at my bitmaintech   account .  

my name there  is philipma1957

sent you mine… good luck…. I'm not falling for the coupon game any longer .

thanks I think I want to set one up as a big under clock
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
legendary
Activity: 226
Merit: 100

Yes their are S5 coupons for customers who bought early … Bitmain trying to draw in repeat customers after being burned by bitmain lowering the price . Bitmain needs to come up with a different way to reward past customers because the coupons are becoming more of an insult if anything .

are you kidding? $30 coupon is an insult? This is not a S3/S2 coupon rain, they only give numbers equal to batch 1-3 that you ordered at much higher price.

Why would I order more units ? the cycle ends when you no longer repeat business .

home miners don't have enough coin stacked to take 2 or 3 bites at the same product cycle … I order once in a product cycle and thats about it ...
legendary

are you kidding? $30 coupon is an insult? This is not a S3/S2 coupon rain, they only give numbers equal to batch 1-3 that you ordered at much higher price.

I gave a quite few away.

sent you mine… good luck…. I'm not falling for the coupon game any longer .
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

I gave a quite few away.

Jump to: