Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 21. (Read 527791 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Does anyone have any spare discount coupons?

I am looking for 2, if anyone is willing to oblige to donate?

Regards
Alex

What is the discount rate?
Activity: 311
Merit: 250

Regards
Alex

I have one
Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Regards
Alex
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
i'm using an evga 1300w ps, maybe the new one fan units require all 3 power plugs to be populated? tried all three in one board to no avail

definitely try to get more power for that unit, you may not have enough stable power to allow the boards to hash. use the 1300watt for 2 boards, and then another power supply to power 1 board and the module.

or just underclock it by ~50MHz/100w
Activity: 266
i'm using an evga 1300w ps, maybe the new one fan units require all 3 power plugs to be populated? tried all three in one board to no avail

definitely try to get more power for that unit, you may not have enough stable power to allow the boards to hash. use the 1300watt for 2 boards, and then another power supply to power 1 board and the module.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
I own 11 pcs of S7 discount coupons.I want to donate them to someone who needs.To help as many as possible I will donate 1 coupon per account.

I could use one of these if you are still offering. Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Hi, i have a problem with a miner: it only shows the temp of two boards, the central one is NOT showed. What can i do to fix this??

Thanks!!

If it's mining fine, do nothing. You have a bad a temp sensor I guess. I wouldn't be too worried since you two good sensor ... the unit will detect if it is overheating or not.

I have asked before with bitmain and as long as you have a good sensor they say you should be good.  This goes all the way back to S3 day's they were happy if just one was working, so in your case with 2 you should be fine as even if another failed still have one.

You only really need one for it to shutdown if it get's to hot.  But  I know the feeling getting a new one and seeing one dead my first time I got that I thought was something to worry and it's not.  Your MUCH better off running it then going weeks possibly without a hashing board for a temp sensor (and I don't think they would take a RMA for just temp sensor anyways).
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
Hi, i have a problem with a miner: it only shows the temp of two boards, the central one is NOT showed. What can i do to fix this??

Thanks!!

If it's mining fine, do nothing. You have a bad a temp sensor I guess. I wouldn't be too worried since you have two good sensors ... the unit will detect if it is overheating or not.

EDIT: missing words ...
Activity: 572
Merit: 506

Thanks!!

Activity: 430
Merit: 253
VeganAcademy

Did you try two boards?

Did you try a freq of 600?

That psu may just not have enough juice.

Both idea above would work for you if the psu is short the power needed.

As I recall the new miner uses about 1300 watts dc.

Which would be pushing that psu very hard

tried 475 even.. at factory freq she would shut down after 3-4 mins. at 475 i would just get no reading of hashing boards, x's or otherwise.

picked up the power supply used so i knew it would be a gamble.
Activity: 395
I own 11 pcs of S7 discount coupons.I want to donate them to someone who needs.To help as many as possible I will donate 1 coupon per account.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Did you try two boards?

Did you try a freq of 600?

That psu may just not have enough juice.

Both idea above would work for you if the psu is short the power needed.

As I recall the new miner uses about 1300 watts dc.

Which would be pushing that psu very hard
VeganAcademy
VeganAcademy
bit the bullet and opened up the miner.. yeah the hashing boards are just housed in slots for the airflow, only connection is through the ribbon cable out top of miner. the slight rattle is the loose slot tolerance the board slips in to, completely normal and all heat sinks were intact.

it seems like i'm mining but the bb board is not reporting any hashing boards present. and pool stats showing null hash rate..

getting another io/bb board to be safe. man losing two weeks of mining to these issues.. still no email reply to second/follow up query via email.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Has anyone bought and done some testing on the single fan batch?  What were some of the results?
a loud miner that can run at stock freq 700 in a 71 f room.

I did see this post on the s-7 one fan thread

Ya, That was probably me unless someone else also ran one that way... still waiting for a day in the 80's to really test out it's ability to handle higher temps... usually the garage gets into the range of 90 on a day that it is ~85F outside

But yes it is loud, around the same as the previous S7s. Although I had multiple 2 fan S7s running at the time so it was kind of hard to tell. I have a fourth unit coming to the garage Monday and will likely have to power them all down when that happens in order to reconfigure power. So I can make a good estimate on which is louder then.

Well was 88 today and I am sure it was hotter in the garage since there is no a/c and just a box fan in the window the miners are pointing their exhaust at to get as much heat out as I can and the highest the 1 fan unit hit was 66... more hot days coming so I may have to down clock a bit to be safe. Errors stayed at .0006 though so no huge worries.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
so when a miner arrives with some heatsinks rattling around.. and you want to properly re-adhere them prior to starting the miner up.. how are you supposed to do so without removing the "warranty void if tampered with" seal on one of the screws?

do you have such a miner or is this a hypothetical?
I've got seven S7, none were rattling, but it surely does happen sometimes.
if so, don't start the miner, contact Bitmain for instructions-they will give you permission to open it up, but without proper glue, i don't see how you can fix this yourself-most likely would need a RMA.

bitmain does not seem to respond to their emails very promptly. i waited 3 days for the first correspondence, and on day 4 (including weekend) of the follow up.

is it possible for the hashing boards to have some play in them and make some noise in light back/forth of the miner or should it be rock solid with no noise if you shake it a bit?

My boards weren't attached to anything inside there was some play and they did make noise when I moved it around
VeganAcademy
so when a miner arrives with some heatsinks rattling around.. and you want to properly re-adhere them prior to starting the miner up.. how are you supposed to do so without removing the "warranty void if tampered with" seal on one of the screws?

do you have such a miner or is this a hypothetical?
I've got seven S7, none were rattling, but it surely does happen sometimes.
if so, don't start the miner, contact Bitmain for instructions-they will give you permission to open it up, but without proper glue, i don't see how you can fix this yourself-most likely would need a RMA.

bitmain does not seem to respond to their emails very promptly. i waited 3 days for the first correspondence, and on day 4 (including weekend) of the follow up.

is it possible for the hashing boards to have some play in them and make some noise in light back/forth of the miner or should it be rock solid with no noise if you shake it a bit?
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Has anyone bought and done some testing on the single fan batch?  What were some of the results?

I bought a single fan unit.  It seems to work very well.  It is much lighter and a bit smaller than my s3's.  I have it on its side so the heat sinks are pulled by gravity toward the chips.  It is a little like a rocket, so that must be one powerful fan.  Denser heat sink fins than older s7's.  Loud, but don't know how it compares to other s7's.  Stable at 700 MHz, and I think it's a little faster (GHs/s) than older s7's but I'm not sure.  I'm a little worried about a single point failure on that single fan.

Does anyone know if s7's can support mining two pools at once?

can u please share some screen shots, what's the temps at?

and no I don't recon the s7 or any miner for that mater can mine from two pools at once but it can automatically start mining from the next pool if one is dead, just place the other accounts in the configuration.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Has anyone purchased and received the new ANTMINER S7 BATCH 16 with One Fan?  If so, let us know the stats on this machine, especially temps. 

I have found that the batch 12 run about 10 degrees calculus hotter than previous models.  Does anyone else see this same condition?

Yesterday i purchased a Batch16 S7 with a second FAN thanks to your coupon  Grin
As sson as i get it, i'll post the performance with SINGLEFAN usage and DUALFAN usage

Arrived, unpacked, configured, runnning.
Without modification, you can not adapt a second fan. My S7 B16 is new, without dust, smells new and tastes new. Running like a charm after almost three hours in ambient temperature in my room at 65°C  Grin
See the pictures for yourself  Cool
PICS

sweet

It does look nice if it works good with one fan could have been a smart move.  One thing I wondered was how easy is it to look to see if any heatsinks have fallen in shipment?  It appears from picture it might be hard and there is a warranty sticker so can't unscrew.

And I could be all wrong. But just looked hard to see back heatsinks that should be checked before hooking up.

Yeah, but careful shaking should reveal if some of the heatsinks have fallen. Unless they have forgotten a heatsink or two in first place, that's a different story then.

Well, if something is loose you will here it ratelling by unpacking the device. In my opinion, this batch has the best manufactured quality and my S7 B16 was really NEW! No dust, no scratches, so i believe you will get the best for your money from Bitmain  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Has anyone purchased and received the new ANTMINER S7 BATCH 16 with One Fan?  If so, let us know the stats on this machine, especially temps. 

I have found that the batch 12 run about 10 degrees calculus hotter than previous models.  Does anyone else see this same condition?

Yesterday i purchased a Batch16 S7 with a second FAN thanks to your coupon  Grin
As sson as i get it, i'll post the performance with SINGLEFAN usage and DUALFAN usage

Arrived, unpacked, configured, runnning.
Without modification, you can not adapt a second fan. My S7 B16 is new, without dust, smells new and tastes new. Running like a charm after almost three hours in ambient temperature in my room at 65°C  Grin
See the pictures for yourself  Cool
PICS

sweet

It does look nice if it works good with one fan could have been a smart move.  One thing I wondered was how easy is it to look to see if any heatsinks have fallen in shipment?  It appears from picture it might be hard and there is a warranty sticker so can't unscrew.

And I could be all wrong. But just looked hard to see back heatsinks that should be checked before hooking up.

Yeah, but careful shaking should reveal if some of the heatsinks have fallen. Unless they have forgotten a heatsink or two in first place, that's a different story then.
Pages:
Jump to: