Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 22. (Read 527791 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Has anyone purchased and received the new ANTMINER S7 BATCH 16 with One Fan?  If so, let us know the stats on this machine, especially temps. 

I have found that the batch 12 run about 10 degrees calculus hotter than previous models.  Does anyone else see this same condition?

Yesterday i purchased a Batch16 S7 with a second FAN thanks to your coupon  Grin
As sson as i get it, i'll post the performance with SINGLEFAN usage and DUALFAN usage

Arrived, unpacked, configured, runnning.
Without modification, you can not adapt a second fan. My S7 B16 is new, without dust, smells new and tastes new. Running like a charm after almost three hours in ambient temperature in my room at 65°C  Grin
See the pictures for yourself  Cool
PICS

sweet

It does look nice if it works good with one fan could have been a smart move.  One thing I wondered was how easy is it to look to see if any heatsinks have fallen in shipment?  It appears from picture it might be hard and there is a warranty sticker so can't unscrew.

And I could be all wrong. But just looked hard to see back heatsinks that should be checked before hooking up.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
so when a miner arrives with some heatsinks rattling around.. and you want to properly re-adhere them prior to starting the miner up.. how are you supposed to do so without removing the "warranty void if tampered with" seal on one of the screws?

do you have such a miner or is this a hypothetical?
I've got seven S7, none were rattling, but it surely does happen sometimes.
if so, don't start the miner, contact Bitmain for instructions-they will give you permission to open it up, but without proper glue, i don't see how you can fix this yourself-most likely would need a RMA.
Activity: 430
Merit: 253
VeganAcademy
so when a miner arrives with some heatsinks rattling around.. and you want to properly re-adhere them prior to starting the miner up.. how are you supposed to do so without removing the "warranty void if tampered with" seal on one of the screws?
Activity: 395
Merit: 250
Has anyone bought and done some testing on the single fan batch?  What were some of the results?

I bought a single fan unit.  It seems to work very well.  It is much lighter and a bit smaller than my s3's.  I have it on its side so the heat sinks are pulled by gravity toward the chips.  It is a little like a rocket, so that must be one powerful fan.  Denser heat sink fins than older s7's.  Loud, but don't know how it compares to other s7's.  Stable at 700 MHz, and I think it's a little faster (GHs/s) than older s7's but I'm not sure.  I'm a little worried about a single point failure on that single fan.

Does anyone know if s7's can support mining two pools at once?

The intake and outtake performance of fans are not same so one fan can easily cool down a S7 under normal conditions.In summer, it is not normal conditions for a large percentage.You can trick any system by connecting parallel fans or multiplier.I recommend you to use a back up fan incase of one of your fans failure.Is there a brand for the new fan?Any specifications or data is very much appreciated.
I don't know the exact answer to the difference of 4.86 and 4.66 miners however I can still share my experience with them.Having the chance to own them both I have experienced that the 4.86 are durable where 4.66 are error prone due to the material.To be more open 4.66 breaks down (infact fins fall out) 80C heat where 4.86 resist.The main difference is the chemical compund of epoxy used and its charachteristics.The 4.66's PROBLEM were realized and Bitmain switched to a stronger heat resistant epoxy.As a matter of fact the 4.66 were 4.86 when weaknes against heat was detected the two chips were just cancelled out.If you can remove the cover you can use the chips as spare.Good Luck.

is there a tutorial on how to remove and reseat the heatsinks?

What kind of epoxy are you going to use?Are you familiar with temperature resistant alloys/compunds?If you apply excess heat to the board the epoxy will not function and you can move the heat sinks (I call them fin).However, you can program and use a work station or a robotic arm if you need to this for a large amount otherwise you do it manually.According to the type of the compound your procedure will be different.However, if a fin has fallen out and if it is in the middle, so you can not reach it easily and remove the others you may prefer to bypass them by a copper.You may use 22 to 26 awg copper to create resistance so the circuit will function and so you can has without malfunctioning unit.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Has anyone bought and done some testing on the single fan batch?  What were some of the results?

I bought a single fan unit.  It seems to work very well.  It is much lighter and a bit smaller than my s3's.  I have it on its side so the heat sinks are pulled by gravity toward the chips.  It is a little like a rocket, so that must be one powerful fan.  Denser heat sink fins than older s7's.  Loud, but don't know how it compares to other s7's.  Stable at 700 MHz, and I think it's a little faster (GHs/s) than older s7's but I'm not sure.  I'm a little worried about a single point failure on that single fan.

Does anyone know if s7's can support mining two pools at once?
legendary
Activity: 1596
I don't know the exact answer to the difference of 4.86 and 4.66 miners however I can still share my experience with them.Having the chance to own them both I have experienced that the 4.86 are durable where 4.66 are error prone due to the material.To be more open 4.66 breaks down (infact fins fall out) 80C heat where 4.86 resist.The main difference is the chemical compund of epoxy used and its charachteristics.The 4.66's PROBLEM were realized and Bitmain switched to a stronger heat resistant epoxy.As a matter of fact the 4.66 were 4.86 when weaknes against heat was detected the two chips were just cancelled out.If you can remove the cover you can use the chips as spare.Good Luck.

Look up posts by cypherblc. He's got a write up on removing them I think.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Has anyone purchased and received the new ANTMINER S7 BATCH 16 with One Fan?  If so, let us know the stats on this machine, especially temps. 

I have found that the batch 12 run about 10 degrees calculus hotter than previous models.  Does anyone else see this same condition?

Yesterday i purchased a Batch16 S7 with a second FAN thanks to your coupon  Grin
As sson as i get it, i'll post the performance with SINGLEFAN usage and DUALFAN usage

Without modification, you can not adapt a second fan. My S7 B16 is new, without dust, smells new and tastes new. Running like a charm after almost three hours in ambient temperature in my room at 65°C  Grin
PICS

how come u found 7 blocks in three hours and I haven't found one in weeks?

If you take a close look, you will notice me mining not BTC  Wink
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Hi guys,

I would like to buy a S7 and would greatly appreciate a coupon.

Would be nice if some nice dude could hook me up Smiley

Thanks for your time, mine on! Wink

pm sent
Activity: 16
Hi guys,

I would like to buy a S7 and would greatly appreciate a coupon.

Would be nice if some nice dude could hook me up Smiley

Thanks for your time, mine on! Wink
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 2258
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
He was pissed at me actually for introducing him to mining and didn't understand how difficulty was calculated and everything. His electricity was free at work and he usually sold all his coins for cash every 2 weeks or so.

Economics 101: It is impossible to make a profit in a perfect market. Mining Bitcoin is as close to a perfect market as you can get.

Consider it a lesson learned for your friend.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
My buddy called me today to tell me that he finally ROI on his Antminer S7 Batch 1 that he bought back in September 2015.

He was pissed at me actually for introducing him to mining and didn't understand how difficulty was calculated and everything. His electricity was free at work and he usually sold all his coins for cash every 2 weeks or so.

And today was the day he finally ROI'd on the miner + shipping.

He is upset because after 7 months he only made like $400-500 USD (value of miner itself) and the miner cost almost $2000 USD at the time. He is debating to sell the miner now for $500 or mine a little more and sell before halving, however by then it might only be worth $200 and will make him only $200 more then what its worth today.

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

PICS

he isnt mining bitcoin.. he is mining an altcoin or nicehash

Looking at the pool name, he is mining DGC (Digitalcoin). It can be mined using Scrypt, X11 and SHA256 algos.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

PICS

he isnt mining bitcoin.. he is mining an altcoin or nicehash
Activity: 32

https://i.imgur.com/2RiMb4q.png

PICS

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

ps. why would i go else where when i have the convenience of mining here selling here and getting paid here all in one place (wish i could get payed to my paypal account instead of bank but yeah), unless your going to say i'll get more rewards elsewhere lol.

why would you go anywhere else? idk cus bitmain and antpool are bad for btc. unless your actually located in china there is no reason to use a chinese pool.

and yes you would get paid more else where. (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lifetime-pool-luck-for-antpool-vs-kanois-or-why-arent-you-mining-with-kanois-1338693)
VERY BAD.. Stay away from chinese pools and if possible, stay away from Chinese made JUNK.

Seriously. All Chinese pools are fucking garbage. Consider mining on a proper pool. You'll earn more, especially if you make the right choice which would be kano.is.

This. Plus Jonny's pool is also an excellent choice - www.bravo-mining.com
legendary
Activity: 1596

ps. why would i go else where when i have the convenience of mining here selling here and getting paid here all in one place (wish i could get payed to my paypal account instead of bank but yeah), unless your going to say i'll get more rewards elsewhere lol.

why would you go anywhere else? idk cus bitmain and antpool are bad for btc. unless your actually located in china there is no reason to use a chinese pool.

and yes you would get paid more else where. (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/lifetime-pool-luck-for-antpool-vs-kanois-or-why-arent-you-mining-with-kanois-1338693)
VERY BAD.. Stay away from chinese pools and if possible, stay away from Chinese made JUNK.

Seriously. All Chinese pools are fucking garbage. Consider mining on a proper pool. You'll earn more, especially if you make the right choice which would be kano.is.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....

Pages:
Jump to: