Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 24. (Read 527791 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124
I have an S7 that tries to hash gets to 5 TH then gives red light starts beeping. Out of warranty. Please any ideas?

Same problem here.... and no kernel-log... will tinker around and see what I can do. Annoying is the fact that Bitmain does not react to questions at all. A support ticket was deleted without any response...
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
Reset and still only 4 TH..
I haven't really been following this conversation, but are you able to test out your PSU voltages at all? I was having issues with my S7 having a sporadic hashrate, and eventually I was able to determine that a faulty 12V rail on my PSU was the source of the problem.

voltages are alright
Activity: 373
Merit: 252
I haven't really been following this conversation, but are you able to test out your PSU voltages at all? I was having issues with my S7 having a sporadic hashrate, and eventually I was able to determine that a faulty 12V rail on my PSU was the source of the problem.
I have an S7 that tries to hash gets to 5 TH then gives red light starts beeping. Out of warranty. Please any ideas?

lower the freq by 1000 if

700 go to 600
650 go to 550

check temps
check fan speeds

Thanks for the quick response! 600 stops the beeping and red light but can only get 4 TH.. Tried 650 and 625 and no beeping but Red light flashing

From this point I'd reset it.

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

700 go to 600
650 go to 550

check temps
check fan speeds

Thanks for the quick response! 600 stops the beeping and red light but can only get 4 TH.. Tried 650 and 625 and no beeping but Red light flashing

From this point I'd reset it.

700 go to 600
650 go to 550

check temps
check fan speeds

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

700 go to 600
650 go to 550

check temps
check fan speeds
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052

Thanks for the response. I hooked up another power supply from a running s7. 

If you're out of warranty I would say try swapping the controller board from the working unit on to the dead unit.

I am out of warranty, I'll give that a shot. Thanks

If your running S7 is also out of warranty, you might be able to check your blades from the non-functional one by swapping them into the functioning one, a single blade at a time. You would need to do this methodically and with care to draw useful conclusions.

How many actual ports are on you functional S7 controller? Is it just the three, or does it have all 9 populated? If you can narrow it down to the controller, then I am pretty sure that Bitmain will sell you a new controller.

You should be able to figure out what's broken at a gross level, and see what bits of your "broken" S7 can actually still be used.

I should also ask, are the two S7's you mention from the same, or similar, batches? That might influence what you can do in terms of moving parts around.

Best of luck.

[/quote]

If you're out of warranty I would say try swapping the controller board from the working unit on to the dead unit.
[/quote]

I am out of warranty, I'll give that a shot. Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
I had a s7 die on me today. No lights, fans etc. Checked the power supply and that's not the problem. Any suggestions?

So you have tested psu to make sure it is putting out proper power?  What did you do to check PSU and rule it out?

But to die off totally is rare more often its a blade or something.  For no lights and fan's or anything I would give psu another look over.

I had a s7 die on me today. No lights, fans etc. Checked the power supply and that's not the problem. Any suggestions?

So you have tested psu to make sure it is putting out proper power?  What did you do to check PSU and rule it out?

But to die off totally is rare more often its a blade or something.  For no lights and fan's or anything I would give psu another look over.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
If there are any Miners from OHIO please PM me.  I would like to get a group started in Columbus, Ohio.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
If anybody wants more, just let me know...
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
hi have coupons!
How to donate Wink

Would be happy to recieve one or more  Grin Shocked Roll Eyes Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit