Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 25. (Read 527791 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
hi have coupons!
How to donate Wink
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Hi Miners!

I would like to buy an S7. May i ask someone to send a coupon?

[email protected]

thanks a lot!

I'll send you one.

Coupon donate success!  Enjoy.
Activity: 583
Merit: 106
Hi Miners!

I would like to buy an S7. May i ask someone to send a coupon?

[email protected]

thanks a lot!
legendary
Mine for a Bit
Has anyone purchased and received the new ANTMINER S7 BATCH 16 with One Fan?  If so, let us know the stats on this machine, especially temps.  

I have found that the batch 12 run about 10 degrees calculus celsius hotter than previous models.  Does anyone else see this same condition?
Maybe if you stopped doing calculus on the miner, it will run cooler???  Grin

haha, good one.  EDIT: celsius not calculus.  haha Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Has anyone purchased and received the new ANTMINER S7 BATCH 16 with One Fan?  If so, let us know the stats on this machine, especially temps. 

I have found that the batch 12 run about 10 degrees calculus hotter than previous models.  Does anyone else see this same condition?
Maybe if you stopped doing calculus on the miner, it will run cooler???  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Has anyone purchased and received the new ANTMINER S7 BATCH 16 with One Fan?  If so, let us know the stats on this machine, especially temps. 

I have found that the batch 12 run about 10 degrees calculus hotter than previous models.  Does anyone else see this same condition?

Yesterday i purchased a Batch16 S7 with a second FAN thanks to your coupon  Grin
As sson as i get it, i'll post the performance with SINGLEFAN usage and DUALFAN usage
legendary
Mine for a Bit

legendary
Hi guys,

I have 8 coupons for sale.
$20 each. Ore make me a offer.

You do not want to donate  Shocked
legendary
Hy guys,
does anybody have a S7 coupon to share. I would want to get a Batch16 S7
User on Bitmain: [email protected]

Thank's in advance for the donator!

Kind regards,
elrippo

I sent you one, happy mining  Cheesy

Thank you very much!!! I bought one already with the first coupon i got donated, with yours i'll buy the second one next week  Grin Cheesy
Activity: 543
Merit: 500
Hy guys,

Kind regards,
elrippo

I sent you one, happy mining  Cheesy
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Hi guys,

I have 8 coupons for sale.
$20 each. Ore make me a offer.
legendary
Hy guys,

Kind regards,
elrippo
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
I live in a very low humidity area. I run a 3200 cfm swamp cooler in the front while venting out the back. Works very well and my humidity in the warehouse sits around 23%.
Activity: 658
Visualize whirledps
I am exhausting hot air from 2 S7's through insulated dryer tubing attached to a 20" box window fan running in reverse out of one window.

The other window has the window AC unit in it running on "High Fan" now and not using the AC condenser blowing the very cool air directly into the intakes and and on the power supplies.

I live in a weird climate where I can just open the window 6 or 8 months out of of the year and pull in air below 60 degrees straight to the units at times. But Then I have to worry about rain/sleet and snow coming at unpredictable times out of nowhere. Storms can come out of nowhere around here in minutes. Thunderstorm one day(night), snowing the next.

One day it will be high 70's to mid 80's during the day and go down to freezing at night.

As spring and summer roll on in, I can can get mid low 100 daytime temps in the miner room without the dryer vents. I also don't have to be here 24/7 make adjustments to my cooling system.

Also, that way I am also able to OC the units close to a a hundred C above default while my board temps are still in the mid 50's to low 60's and the room remains pleasant.

I am also able to isolate the central AC from that room.

I have only been doing this set up for a couple months and it seems to lower my electric bill by about $50 or so a month.

I'll give it some more research time before making any final decisions. Wink

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Out of curiosity, why are you guys using air conditioners to cool your mining rigs? I would think it is much more cost effective to exhaust all the discharge heat and maintain good air flow

AC is used when you cant/dont have free flowing air. ie in a basement not near any windows or where the incoming air is to warm.

your right in that controlling heat and good air flow is best but sometimes that isnt possible.
Activity: 723
Merit: 519
Out of curiosity, why are you guys using air conditioners to cool your mining rigs? I would think it is much more cost effective to exhaust all the discharge heat and maintain good air flow
Visualize whirledps
Thank you. I will check into the details before buying anything!  Cool
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
You might also have to consider that your AC unit needs repair. I have seen AC type units that will "freeze the coils" when the refrigerant inside is "low". I don't really understand why that happens, nor the specifics, but I had a de-humidifier that had lost some refrigerant, and it would "ice up" even when the temp was above 70F. It wasn't cold temps that mattered in that case.

How new is your AC unit?

I found it completely counter-intuitive that low refrigerant could yield ice on the coils, but some Google research may explain it better. It's still confusing to me.

You may be right.
The windows unit is at least 12-15 years old but was rarely used and has been under the house for the last 10 years approximately completely unused.

I may go to a hardware store and get one of those things that will allow you to recharge/top-off the coolant in the AC (If this unit allows it. I will check it out tomorrow.) It could certainly have leaked out after all those years. But when the unit is operating normally without any icing, it puts out some amazingly cold air. It's an old Kenmore 5,000 something BTU unit.

Thanks for the idea!

With a unit that old verify it runs on the R-134 coolant before filling. I'd  recommend the can that also contains compressor oil.
Visualize whirledps
Thanks for the update! I'm going to wait for the warranty to be nearly expired before I overclock any of my s7's, but I've been playing with the idea of adding some manner of A/C cooling to my system. I've got a couple blades that run about +5 above the others in 2 different units so I'm glad to hear it's stabilized your temps overall.

Yeah, I've got a blade in each of my units that normally runs a C or two hotter than the others. I think (and have read) that's it's just an issue with the placement of the temp sensor inside the miner.
Good luck.
Visualize whirledps
You might also have to consider that your AC unit needs repair. I have seen AC type units that will "freeze the coils" when the refrigerant inside is "low". I don't really understand why that happens, nor the specifics, but I had a de-humidifier that had lost some refrigerant, and it would "ice up" even when the temp was above 70F. It wasn't cold temps that mattered in that case.

How new is your AC unit?

I found it completely counter-intuitive that low refrigerant could yield ice on the coils, but some Google research may explain it better. It's still confusing to me.

You may be right.
The windows unit is at least 12-15 years old but was rarely used and has been under the house for the last 10 years approximately completely unused.

I may go to a hardware store and get one of those things that will allow you to recharge/top-off the coolant in the AC (If this unit allows it. I will check it out tomorrow.) It could certainly have leaked out after all those years. But when the unit is operating normally without any icing, it puts out some amazingly cold air. It's an old Kenmore 5,000 something BTU unit.

Thanks for the idea!

Pages:
Jump to: