Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 337. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 687
Merit: 511
My S7 is not running anymore after 2 Days of working fine.
I have changed PSU(Bitmain Brand) from a working S7 already and also made reset.
I Don't get any reply from bitmain.

Do you have more than one?  In your logs, you can see it failing to communicate with the cape:

[    7.816322] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.8: bone: scan failed (10 time)
[    8.324303] bone-capemgr bone_capemgr.8: Failed to scan baseboard eeprom
[    8.331371] bone-capemgr: probe of bone_capemgr.8 failed with error -110

So my guess would be to first doublecheck the connection between the Beaglebone and the cape (the board it plugs into) - maybe try unplugging it and plugging it back into the cape (careful not to bend any pins).  If you have a second S7, then try swapping Beaglebones first, see if they both work the same, and then if they do, try swapping capes.

Hope that helps!
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080
Have you tried re-flashing the firmware? That is an odd reaction after two days of stable runtime.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Time is the fire in which we burn
My S7 is not running anymore after 2 Days of working fine.
I have changed PSU(Bitmain Brand) from a working S7 already and also made reset.
I Don't get any reply from bitmain.
Any Ideas ?

http://schnaldi.myds.me/kernel_log.txt
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
Hey  Herb, How much Duty did you pay .?

Haven't decided yet to buy one.. but i am tempted, very tempted..

Taxes and 2.5% brokage fees from DHL. I don't have the exact details.
legendary
I just got my miners, Version 1.7

No dust, looks new, smells new.

I'm at job ... will leave soon to test them.

Herb

Did they still look and smell new when you got them home?

No dust from what I can tell so pretty much minus the front metalic protector got hit somehow (custom i guess). I had to remove it and fix it. It's all good now ;-)
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
such a trashy appearance! units not shipped, batch 2 sells imminent, batch 3 in the back too, hash rate unsure!

at least i don't see dead units or problems like that Cheesy 
grn
Activity: 357
Merit: 252

Theres no duty on these to canada, just PST/GST or HST pending where you are
Activity: 805
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)
I just got my miners, Version 1.7

No dust, looks new, smells new.

I'm at job ... will leave soon to test them.

Herb

Did they still look and smell new when you got them home?
legendary
After 1 hour and 20 minutes I have 4.81TH and 4.79TH. Default freq of 600.

I had a front fan protector that had a hit and I had to "repair" it so it doesn't enter in contact with the fan.

Except that everything looks good.

I use 2 RM 1000 on one and 1 RM1000 and CX750 for the second unit.

Will keep you posted.

EDIT: temps are at around 49-49-51 and 51-49-51
EDIT2: HW 0.0104% and 0.0176%

Good looking specs all around!
legendary
I ordered two on Sept 4th and have nothing yet....

Yea, they are still processing the August orders as of today...try that whole double-shot of a good sipping wiskey thing!

Are they giving compensation or something for the ones who are having to way? Was curious how they are handling this.

Nothing has been offered to me but then they do have the 10 day grace on shipping.  Maybe after the 10th we'll hear something.
legendary
After 1 hour and 20 minutes I have 4.81TH and 4.79TH. Default freq of 600.

I had a front fan protector that had a hit and I had to "repair" it so it doesn't enter in contact with the fan.

Except that everything looks good.

I use 2 RM 1000 on one and 1 RM1000 and CX750 for the second unit.

Will keep you posted.

EDIT: temps are at around 49-49-51 and 51-49-51
EDIT2: HW 0.0104% and 0.0176%
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Yea, they are still processing the August orders as of today...try that whole double-shot of a good sipping wiskey thing!

Are they giving compensation or something for the ones who are having to way? Was curious how they are handling this.
legendary

legendary
I asked for a status update on Monday and got this in return:

Hi,
Miners are shipped out following order of full payment, once it's shipped out, tracking number will be uploaded to your account.
Please wait for it patiently.
Thanks.

Best Regards

BITMAIN

I'm guessing opening a ticket will go nowhere with the holiday being here.  It is already October 1st in China.
Activity: 994
Merit: 504

All of us that ordered in September should kick back with a double-shot of a good sipping wiskey and enjoy the holiday.  My order of 4 was on the 6th (payment confirmed right away) so I am now shooting for November!  An interesting note, one of the data centers I know ordered a handfull on the 8th and they came in yesterday.

thats weird ...

Not really, data centers with good reputations have a little extra pull that home miners don't.  It's just the way it is.

I guess we all understand this. However, it's very frustrating that they don't communicate with the customers. Do I need to create a ticket/send them an e-mail to get any information? Is it in fact a problem with batch 1? Do I need to be worried? What are my options? Could I cancel the order if it's late(100% refund)? I guess I need to create a ticket..
they are still covered buy the 10 days delay margine...so...technically they are'nt late yet
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

All of us that ordered in September should kick back with a double-shot of a good sipping wiskey and enjoy the holiday.  My order of 4 was on the 6th (payment confirmed right away) so I am now shooting for November!  An interesting note, one of the data centers I know ordered a handfull on the 8th and they came in yesterday.

thats weird ...

Not really, data centers with good reputations have a little extra pull that home miners don't.  It's just the way it is.

I guess we all understand this. However, it's very frustrating that they don't communicate with the customers. Do I need to create a ticket/send them an e-mail to get any information? Is it in fact a problem with batch 1? Do I need to be worried? What are my options? Could I cancel the order if it's late(100% refund)? I guess I need to create a ticket..
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

thats weird ...

They really like data centers as it possibly could lead to big sales.   One day a lot of old gear like A1's will be replaced.  I'm sure bitmain want's to be the one to sell data centers many unit's.

It would not surprise me  at all if they get a better price to.  Specifically the data centers in and close to china.
legendary

thats weird ...

Jump to: