Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 338. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

All of us that ordered in September should kick back with a double-shot of a good sipping wiskey and enjoy the holiday.  My order of 4 was on the 6th (payment confirmed right away) so I am now shooting for November!  An interesting note, one of the data centers I know ordered a handfull on the 8th and they came in yesterday.

thats weird ...

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)
I just got my miners, Version 1.7

No dust, looks new, smells new.

I'm at job ... will leave soon to test them.

Herb

What was your order/paid date?

Anyone know what the oldest order date that has shipped?

2015-08-31 03:07:15

All of us that ordered in September should kick back with a double-shot of a good sipping wiskey and enjoy the holiday.  My order of 4 was on the 6th (payment confirmed right away) so I am now shooting for November!  An interesting note, one of the data centers I know ordered a handfull on the 8th and they came in yesterday.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
my one S7 is still holding at 4720gh at 593, will be testing the PSU later today running each one individually.. we'll see how it goes

Did you try the soft reset that resolved philip's issue that he made a thread about?

Ufo

yeah I tried that a bunch of times while trying to run stock when i first noticed the unit's hash rate was slipping.. still had no effect on mine

I tried that too, with no luck.  I resorted to going to 575 and maintaining about 4.3-4.4th/s.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Herb

2015-08-31 03:07:15
legendary
@Bitmain Guys you have a what it looks like to be a typo in the paper you provide with the miner. In point #5, you mention at first S7 then ... "If operating the S5+ at home, ..."

Just saying Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

Herb

legendary

Herb
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
I will get a new batt for my multimeter and do some measureing for you guys.

My S7 is running stable at 4.8 at 600. Power at wall 1180. Using a RM1000 and a RM650

Mine only got to 4.7 at stock speeds. But at 612, it averages 4.8 and is very stable. After increasing the frequency the HW errors went up a bit from 0.0222% to 0.0386%, but that's still fine.

Overall this unit is very stable and predictable. I just wish they could have shipped the rest of units that I ordered before getting plastered on baiju for a week Smiley

interesting. on my machine:

600 starts OK (4800), then rumps up slowly over 12 hr to ~4840 <=0.006% error
606 starts good (4900), then slightly declines over 24hr to 4886 and stays there (5 days) 0.0068% error
612 starts super (4990), then decreases to 4915 over 24 hr (maybe would have kept decreasing, basically negating the higher freq) 0.0088% error

strangely, at all frequences board temp are 52-53C (fluctuating between 51C and 55C)
Conclusions:
1. it takes a long time to truly settle (>24hr), so I suggest to not reach a conclusion based even on 1hr as it might change.
2. temp do not depend on frequency much (this is strange), but probably correlate with ambient air temp (mostly).
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
my one S7 is still holding at 4720gh at 593, will be testing the PSU later today running each one individually.. we'll see how it goes

Did you try the soft reset that resolved philip's issue that he made a thread about?

Ufo

yeah I tried that a bunch of times while trying to run stock when i first noticed the unit's hash rate was slipping.. still had no effect on mine
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/my-bitmaintech-s-7-underpreforms-at-freq-600-freq-550-not-freq-500-fixed-1196671

Ufo
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
Based on how I read the above there is no delay until October 10th, 10 days after the estimated shipping window.

You think they are going to ship out all of the remaining batch one miners in less than two days since they don't come back from vacation until the 9th?

Ufo
legendary
Activity: 1428
https://www.bitworks.io
I wonder what they will provide for the delay since they go back to work on the 9th and this was the batch one statement...

Batch one scheduled shipping date is in late September of 21~30. If shipping out 10 days later than the scheduled one, it won't be considered as delay.

Ufo

Based on how I read the above there is no delay until October 10th, 10 days after the estimated shipping window.
I wonder what they will provide for the delay since they go back to work on the 9th and this was the batch one statement...

Batch one scheduled shipping date is in late September of 21~30. If shipping out 10 days later than the scheduled one, it won't be considered as delay.

Ufo
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Thanks for mediating! I do appreciate your comments throughout this forum.

Sure, happy to oblige!

Cheers
legendary
Mine for a Bit
Does anyone know where I can buy some long 18pin cables for the control boards to the hashing cards?  I would like to run some experiments with some of my S5s.  I was referred to J4bberwock but there is not any response to pm.  

Hi AriesIV10,

The quote below is from J4bberwock in his breakout board thread.  You can click on the heading above the quote to get to his thread.  He has a LOT going on at the moment.  However, the answer to your question is below.

I'm very busy at the moment, so I don't answer most of the PM until I have time to give concrete answer.
I actually take a few hours 2 or 3 times a week for the emails/PM.

Regarding the S5 data cables, I should get them in stock just after the chinese national holiday.
I believe I wrote it in the thread about the S5+/S7 controller a few days ago.

Also, I won't take new boards orders until the end of this week.

Thanks dmwardjr,

We will just have to be patient.

Thanks for mediating! I do appreciate your comments throughout this forum.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Does anyone know where I can buy some long 18pin cables for the control boards to the hashing cards?  I would like to run some experiments with some of my S5s.  I was referred to J4bberwock but there is not any response to pm.  

Hi AriesIV10,

The quote below is from J4bberwock in his breakout board thread.  You can click on the heading above the quote to get to his thread.  He has a LOT going on at the moment.  However, the answer to your question is below.

I'm very busy at the moment, so I don't answer most of the PM until I have time to give concrete answer.

Regarding the S5 data cables, I should get them in stock just after the chinese national holiday.

Thanks dmwardjr,

We will just have to be patient.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

Hi AriesIV10,

legendary
Mine for a Bit
Does anyone know where I can buy some long 18pin cables for the control boards to the hashing cards?  I would like to run some experiments with some of my S5s.  I was referred to J4bberwock but there is not any response to pm. 
legendary
Activity: 1232
Does anyone know if they've shipped any S7's today?

My next shipment is 9/9 is still "Unshipped"

Mine was 8th unshipped also
Jump to: