Pages:
Author

Topic: AOCLBF (was Phoenix Rising): Phoenix/POCLBM GUI With Built-In Overclock Tool - page 2. (Read 146953 times)

Activity: 174
Merit: 100
I've updated to Catalyst driver 11.7 (early version) and since I can't start 4 miners at the same time. The last miner is always not working..no matter which device I start last.
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
Actually ive discovered a way to hide the osd. Simply set the box outside the viewing area of the screen. You can set it manually in the config file or set you screen to a higher like say  than usual resolution 1600x1200 then set the box in the outter most corner. When you resize the screen the OSD box will be there but beyond your view. I found it by accident moving my boxes around.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
not sure if this has been covered before, but is there a way to disable the display output the runs on top of everything? either totally disable it, or have it run underneath every window
No. Also it seems developer out of home as he hasn't responded any one after the 1.75 release.
OSD running on top of every window is really annoying.

hmm maybe it would help if we gave him a small tip to have options for this OSD? i like this pheonix rising better than the GUIminer, but it's just hard to put up with for your everyday machine. on dedicated miners, it's no problem though.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata
Impressive tool, will definitely recommend it to new miners Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
not sure if this has been covered before, but is there a way to disable the display output the runs on top of everything? either totally disable it, or have it run underneath every window
No. Also it seems developer out of home as he hasn't responded any one after the 1.75 release.
OSD running on top of every window is really annoying.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Could you include affinity options in the next release? I'm having issues with phoenix using 50% CPU per GPU. By setting affinity to cpu1 (of 2) it'll use 100% of that core rather than 100% of both.

Why would you want it to use 100% of both?

You realize the CPU usage is not a desired effect, which is why we have the affinity setting in the first place, to stack all the wasted CPU on a single core?

should probably re-read what I said.

I DO see affinity now. I don't know why I've never noticed it before. Thanks! Smiley
legendary
Affinity is in 1.74 & 1.75 already.
Activity: 45
Could you include affinity options in the next release? I'm having issues with phoenix using 50% CPU per GPU. By setting affinity to cpu1 (of 2) it'll use 100% of that core rather than 100% of both.

Why would you want it to use 100% of both?

You realize the CPU usage is not a desired effect, which is why we have the affinity setting in the first place, to stack all the wasted CPU on a single core?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
This is a really annoying UI. The text fields actually get sent as parameters if you don't click on them. Really?

Appreciate the work and time the developer has put into this software. Don't forget that he offers it for free. If you want to criticize, do it constructively...
I did do it constructively, I said the text fields get sent as parameters which is not the correct functionality, the default values should be sent, not the text
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Ive got a feature request that I think would be pretty nice. Every now and then a site gets DDoS'd. If that site is your startup miner, it'll look for it, then wait the alotted time and retries, then switch the backup. A lot of times a site could be down for days. I have 1 popular pool (More likely to get DDoS'd, and a smaller pool as backup.

Would it be possible to: have a button to switch primary/backup pools on every miner, OR, have checkboxes to designate which of two pools to use as startup/backup? They're there now to say "do this on startup" and "use a backup pool" but maybe just use a simple check for the startup, and let the unchecked pool be the backup server by default? If you havent specified a backup pool and the main one goes down, you arent going to be mining anything, so if a pool goes down and searches for a null pool, the effect will be the same. Just my thoughts.

My main issue with this is that I have a windows system with 4x cards, and a pool like bitcoins.lc assigns worker names and passwords that are random. Clearing all the fields then re-entering them in the backup slot is time consuming, and if I ever want it the other way around, Ive got to spend another 10 minutes to swap them back.

OH ALSO: There seems to be a new and improved phatk kernel, can we get this implemented?
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=25860.0
Activity: 51
This is a really annoying UI. The text fields actually get sent as parameters if you don't click on them. Really?

Appreciate the work and time the developer has put into this software. Don't forget that he offers it for free. If you want to criticize, do it constructively...
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Since you installed 11.7, then 11.2 then again 11.7, some files may be corrupted, particularly OpenCL. Check out opencl is installed by using GPU caps viewer.
If it says & still you cant mine with directly using phoenix or poclbm or diablo miner, then better uninstall ati drivers fully, ONLY AFTER THAT, use driver sweeper to completely remove all the AMD by analyse & clean. You can do it in safe mode, so that it removes all drivers.
Then install again.
Also before doing that all, u can re install, AMD APP only, some times that too solves problem.

I have, in one HDD, after all the above steps still i cant mine. Only way seems for me is format.
I used 11.6 & 11.7 .

Seems like that's exactly the issue. I just uninstalled and reinstalled 11.4. It works but the CPU is still huge and I can't overclock to 955mhz. Tried 11.2 earlier and it crashed. So it's looking like I'm going to uninstall and then go back to 11.7. Hopefully they resolve that CPU issue in the master release
legendary
Since you installed 11.7, then 11.2 then again 11.7, some files may be corrupted, particularly OpenCL. Check out opencl is installed by using GPU caps viewer.
If it says & still you cant mine with directly using phoenix or poclbm or diablo miner, then better uninstall ati drivers fully, ONLY AFTER THAT, use driver sweeper to completely remove all the AMD by analyse & clean. You can do it in safe mode, so that it removes all drivers.
Then install again.
Also before doing that all, u can re install, AMD APP only, some times that too solves problem.

I have, in one HDD, after all the above steps still i cant mine. Only way seems for me is format.
I used 11.6 & 11.7 .
Well, this was working really well with CCC 11.7. I had my 5830 overclocked to 955.

I'm trying to resolve the CPU issue with CCC 11.6 so I uninstalled the drivers and loaded CCC 11.2.

For some reason now I'm having two issues.

1). In AOCLBF, when I overclock past 900mhz, I get "error setting clocks! Probably BIOS limit reached.
2). Even with the current default clocks, I press 'run' and it just idles at 0 mh/s

It appears that with 11.7, you can overclock a card higher in AOCLBF. I reinstalled 11.7 and now I can clock back at 955mhz.

still idle though, not sure what can be causing that.
give aggression 12 or something instead of "Aggression"

core: 955mhz
mem:300mhz
VDDC:1163 (stock)
Fan: 85%
Temp: 58-62c
Vectors, HD5xxx+, fastloop, phatk, agression=12, worksize=512

AOCLBF 1.75 with phoenix 1.50
legendary
Well, this was working really well with CCC 11.7. I had my 5830 overclocked to 955.

I'm trying to resolve the CPU issue with CCC 11.6 so I uninstalled the drivers and loaded CCC 11.2.

1). In AOCLBF, when I overclock past 900mhz, I get "error setting clocks! Probably BIOS limit reached.
2). Even with the current default clocks, I press 'run' and it just idles at 0 mh/s

It appears that with 11.7, you can overclock a card higher in AOCLBF. I reinstalled 11.7 and now I can clock back at 955mhz.

give aggression 12 or something instead of "Aggression"

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
@lvlrdka22
I like the preview, not too interested in the trade thing personally, but OSD at the bottom looks a lot better than current one, Personally I would still prefer it in a summary tab and a total hash rate output would be great also. Also it would be nice to squeeze in an option for update time this does infact reduce MH/s when you are calling the function which gets temps ect.. so having an option to set how often it updates would come in useful. Great job keep up the excellent work.
Eh, that's what it looks like when color depth is set to 16 bit (an old game I play requires that).

i'm using TechPowerUp GPU-Z 0.5.4 to get the data from the three sensors of each card.

As AOCLBF seems to get the correct data for my hd5850, it seems my 5770 temperature data is somehow displayed wrong by AOCLBF (man, a rename would be awsome as well Wink)

any idea, why this is happening?

It reads the first temperature (which is what GPU-z says is the core temperature, at least for my 5850s). Been too lazy to add the option to choose other temperature sensors.
I see a problem with version 1.74.
Adding new client causes all other old clients to loose HD5xxx, Fastloop, phatk, Aggression settings.
Even checking the check boxes again & save setting has no use.
Only way to solve is to edit the aoclbf.ini file manually & change 0 to 1.

Same problem.

All kinds of issues with mine.

-Using two 6950s, HD5xxx+, Fastloop, phatk and aggression settings are greyed out.
-Run/Stop is greyed out on the first client.
-Clicking run on the second does nothing, but causes a massive memory leak and the client is unable to close.

In short, I have never been able to get it working, so I am not sure what normal operation looks like. Is there any way to see how many Mhash/s each card is producing?
Not sure what happened, but apparently these things got lost when I added POCLBM parsing, for absolutely no reason at all (that I can see).
Pages:
Jump to: